2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Jones would challenge Provorov for #1. No question about it imo. I like what he brings to the table I am not sure where all this "personality issues or bad on D" nonsense is coming from. I do agree that trading a lot for him just to give him whatever $ he wants is not such a smart idea and this si why we probably should look into Hamilton.
He played well against Tampa in playoffs and he was good against Toronto, Jones did.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbythebrain

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I didn't want this gem to get lost in the wreckage at the end of the last iteration:

"no one is saying that only jones is going to fix this team, he's probably going to add alot of players to the roster. he's not going to reveal the whole team strategy to the media, only the big moves which is jones after that it's probably going to be alot of depth moves which this team is lacking."

You just don't get content like that in any old thread. Consider that a challenge. Let's make this the biggest, worst Roster Thread EVER!

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Jones would challenge Provorov for #1. No question about it imo. I like what he brings to the table I am not sure where all this "personality issues or bad on D" nonsense is coming from. I do agree that trading a lot for him just to give him whatever $ he wants is not such a smart idea and this si why we probably should look into Hamilton.
He played well against Tampa in playoffs and he was good against Toronto.
Hamilton is actually good.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I didn't want this gem to get lost in the wreckage at the end of the last iteration:

"no one is saying that only jones is going to fix this team, he's probably going to add alot of players to the roster. he's not going to reveal the whole team strategy to the media, only the big moves which is jones after that it's probably going to be alot of depth moves which this team is lacking."

You just don't get content like that in any old thread. Consider that a challenge. Let's make this the biggest, worst Roster Thread EVER!

Chuck wouldn’t have enough to reveal to anyone even if he was an exhibitionist.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Seth Jones according to the Flyers board

-Isn't a top pairing defender
-Worse than Sanheim
-Worse than Ghost
-Worse than Savard
-Garbage human being

And people wonder why myself, ghosts beer, lorne malvo, tuscon83 etc don't agree with the majority.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Seth Jones according to the Flyers board

-Isn't a top pairing defender
-Worse than Sanheim
-Worse than Ghost
-Worse than Savard
-Garbage human being

And people wonder why myself, ghosts beer, lorne malvo, tuscon83 etc don't agree with the majority.
Sure he's top pairing.

Big problem is there's a good chance Chuck gets bent over on the trade and contract. I think that's everyone's main issue.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
When Savard was in CBJ and Werenski was healthy, Jones was the third best defenseman on the club. Why is anyone getting excited about obtaining him to be on the Flyers' top pair?
Then why did he average the most minutes? Top 5 in the NHL in fact? Because Tortorella is a moron who hates defense?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Preparing myself for the max pain that will be Seth Jones. The trade, the contract extension, the subsequent underwhelming play. The flawed roster. The decade of mediocrity.

Preparing for max pain.
As opposed to continuing on with the same plan and core players that has resulted in one playoff series win in 9 years. In other words a decade of less than mediocrity. Hmmmm.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Sure he's top pairing.
A lot of people around here disagree with you on that.

Big problem is there's a good chance Chuck gets bent over on the trade and contract. I think that's everyone's main issue.
There is far more talk about him supposedly not being that good and being a ''garbage human being'' then there is about potential trade value and contract. That other stuff is just icing on the cake. There was a regular on this board who said yesterday that he wouldn't trade Myers for him straight up.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Is Jones a top 15? Top 20 dman in the league?

Because after giving up assets, and being forced to succumb to his contract demands that’s what he’s going to be paid like.

I’m all for nuking this thing to high hell, and openly am strongly doubting what Hextall did here, but it’s such a Chuck move. If you are going to pay a premium, you better be getting a true superstar.

There are valid concerns Jones is not that player.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
As opposed to continuing on with the same plan and core players that has resulted in one playoff series win in 9 years. In other words a decade of less than mediocrity. Hmmmm.
Glad we got some fresh blood at the helm to turn things around

upload_2021-6-29_11-47-50.png

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
A lot of people around here disagree with you on that.

There is far more talk about him supposedly not being that good and being a ''garbage human being'' then there is about potential trade value and contract. That other stuff is just icing on the cake. There was a regular on this board who said yesterday that he wouldn't trade Myers for him straight up.

You really need to actually digest the information people post up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad