Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft: The Home Stretch, Draft July 23-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
1. Clarke
2. Eklund
3. Beniers
---
4. Wallstedt
5. Hughes
6. Johnson
7. Lysell
---
8. McTavish
9. Svechkov
10. Power
11. Lambos
12. Guenther
13. Edvinsson
14. Raty
15. Sillinger
16. Cossa
---
17. Lucius
18. Stankoven
19. Rosen
20. Robertsson
21. Olausson
22. Morrow
23. Pinelli
24. Svozil
25. Chbrikov
26. Samoskevich
---
27. Stromgren
28. Koivunen
29. Bourgault
30. L'Heureux
31. Ceulmans
32. Coronato
HM: Othmann
HM: Martino
HM: Bolduc
HM: Heimosalmi
HM: Gaudreau
HM: Peart
HM: Knies
HM: Dean
HM: Mailloux

Tier 1 are the guys that I think combine high ceilings and high floors. Tier 2 are guys who are more boom/bust, but I'm giving weight to how high I think their potential is. Tier 3 are guys I like a lot who I have questions about their ceiling not so much their floor. Tier 3 are guys that I see as high upside or low risk, but usually not both. Tier 4 are those who I think would be really interesting pieces to add to our system!

I didn't go quite as deep as I would have liked this year, but these are the guys I've consistently liked from all the second hand reports and my own limited viewings I was able to get on each guy. Feel free to rip this to shreds!

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
LOL.

Wright/Bedard make that line.

Isnt that like saying McDavid makes his line, or Eichel or MacKinnon or Crosby or Ovechkin? Players of that caliber will always be the primary driver for their line. It doesn’t mean that their linemates aren’t also very good players.

I wouldn’t put that line together like that for various reasons, but you’re still going to only get so much out of a special player if you have players around them who can play off of them. Look no further than Eichel when nothing is clicking.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So HP was the absolute authority when they ranked Sanderson high last year.... but them ranking Eklund highly carries no weight.

Funny how that goes...

Yes. When you pick and shop for the answer and the truth is malleable? Yup. That's what happens. Sanderson's highlights still show to me a guy I wouldn't be sold on as my top guy. Maybe it was just the highlights that they were choosing, but I remember him just breaking up plays with his stick... but in a way that he was stretching and using length to do it. It just seemed like something you could smother guys in juniors or with the USNTP, but when you try it against pros like McDavid, Kane, or especially the big centers like Malkin, you're gonna get eaten alive.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
About time for us to post our draft lists

Feel free to make a separate thread for them, if you’d like. I was waiting for a few more things to finalize mine. But I’d be curious to see what others have.

Reactions: Martinez

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Feel free to make a separate thread for them, if you’d like. I was waiting for a few more things to finalize mine. But I’d be curious to see what others have.

Everyone knows you have to cross reference your cross references. Frk It trying to keep tabs on all the lists, quotes, and profiles tied together.

upload_2021-7-7_20-2-11.gif

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Everyone knows you have to cross reference your cross references. Frk It trying to keep tabs on all the lists, quotes, and profiles tied together.

View attachment 451799

Lol. I’m not envious of the guys making the pick at 6 this year. I have like 10-11 guys I’d consider there with not much separation. Really hard spot to be in with this draft class, IMO.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Everything about McTavish screams winger to me.
Kind of feels like a smaller David Backes.

Everything screams winger to the point that you compare him to a top 5 defensive center in the game that also played center in the olympics when he was at his best? That literally makes no sense.

If you can get a David Backes at 6, you take it and run. Top 5 defensive center in the game that could give you 30 goals, 60 points and extremely tough to play against. Its actually a decent comparison for him outside of the fact it makes no sense to call him a winger then compare him to Backes

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Everything screams winger to the point that you compare him to a top 5 defensive center in the game that also played center in the olympics when he was at his best? That literally makes no sense.

If you can get a David Backes at 6, you take it and run. Top 5 defensive center in the game that could give you 30 goals, 60 points and extremely tough to play against. Its actually a decent comparison for him outside of the fact it makes no sense to call him a winger then compare him to Backes
Getting a Backes in this draft would be a homerun. I'm not convinced McTavish will or is even likely to get to that level, but I see the comparison. McTavish a guy who mixes high-end physicality with high-end hockey IQ. It's an interesting package and I wouldn't be shocked to see us take him. It wouldn't be like the Rasmussen pick at all unless Beniers is sitting there lol.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Chill the f*** out.
Everything about his game screams winger.
But maybe he can be a Backes type center.
Maybe.
He's not 6'3, for one.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Chill the f*** out.
Maybe.
He's not 6'3, for one.

Checks EliteProspects…

How will he ever make up for that 1 inch that he comes up short in a completely arbitrary measurement at that size? In fact, I’m pretty sure that McTavish should withdraw from the draft. I mean at 6’2 207 pounds (as he’s listed on EliteProspects), he’s entirely undersized and will never be the player that 6’3 215 pounds David Backes (as he’s listed on NHL.com) was…

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Chill the f*** out.
Maybe.
He's not 6'3, for one.

Chill out? Dont make dumb posts and they wont get called out. I'm chill, youre just spewing nonsense again

"Everything screams winger, feels like a selke calibre center". You do see how dumb that comparison sounds right?

Reactions: ricky0034

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I want them to take one of these guys for memes

William Eklund - Because then whenever he scores in a game, we can comment eX where X is the number of points he gets for the game and we can come up with ridiculous trade offers that involve trading him to use the Eklund tag for reporting.
Sebastian Cossa - 6'6" goalie. Lil Sebastian. Also, top ten goalie meme.
Jesper Wallstedt - Top ten goalie meme.

But in actuality...

Kent Johnson
Luke Hughes
or some magical world where Matty Beniers falls to us at 6.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I want them to take one of these guys for memes

William Eklund - Because then whenever he scores in a game, we can comment eX where X is the number of points he gets for the game and we can come up with ridiculous trade offers that involve trading him to use the Eklund tag for reporting.
Sebastian Cossa - 6'6" goalie. Lil Sebastian. Also, top ten goalie meme.
Jesper Wallstedt - Top ten goalie meme.

But in actuality...

Kent Johnson
Luke Hughes
or some magical world where Matty Beniers falls to us at 6.

okay you sold me I want Eklund now :laugh:

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
On goalies not named Wallstedt or Cossa...

I'm more impressed with Alexei Kolosov than I am with Benjamin Gaudreau.
The reason I mention it is there seems to be more buzz about Gaudreau. I think Kolosov's nice KHL record should have more weight than Gaudreau's handful of games in net at WJC for Canada. Kolosov even posted a KHL shutout.

Neither one of these guys is huge, but they are still taller than Bernier. If I'm drafting a goalie in the second round, 6'1" Kolosov, not 6'2"Gaudreau or the 6'4" Lennox, is my choice.

A lot of people would use a first-round pick on Wallstedt or Cossa. Well, we have three second-round picks for this draft and already two for next draft. If I'm using a second round pick on a goalie now, I'd use a later one on Kolosov.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

1. Power
2. Beniers
3. Guenther
4. Hughes
5. Edvinsson

6. Detroit Red Wings: Mason McTavish, C, Peterborough-OHL
Despite picking in the top 10 since 2017, Detroit has yet to turn one of its premium draft picks into a long-term top-six center. That’s a tough way to build in the NHL. McTavish’s skating is a question, but he would give the Red Wings a goal scorer with a knack for winning puck battles. William Eklund and Kent Johnson should tempt Detroit too, though, and one of the big, mobile blueliners such as Hughes or Edvinsson would make this pick even more interesting if they escape the top five. -Max Bultman

23. Detroit Red Wings: Nikita Chibrikov, RW, SKA-VHL
In Chibrikov, the Red Wings take a swing on a potential top-six winger after Chibrikov led all 2021 draft eligibles in scoring at the World U18 championships. He also led all U18 players in per-game scoring this season in Russia’s VHL and played 16 games in the KHL with SKA, a top team in that league. -Max Bultman

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

View attachment 451799

I almost can't believe we are having this draft.

It's like...

Hey rank this kid who played 12 games in the WHL VS this kid who played in a league he wasnt supposed to be in that didnt want him there VS this other kid who sat out the whole year.

Like.... uhhh, OK?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I almost can't believe we are having this draft.

It's like...

Hey rank this kid who played 12 games in the WHL VS this kid who played in a league he wasnt supposed to be in that didnt want him there VS this other kid who sat out the whole year.

Like.... uhhh, OK?
exactly . its a HUGE sleeper draft . theres gems out there nobody knows about except ' the bc sage '

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad