Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In the Avs 360, there was a line of players in the lockerroom fistbumping the players after the sweep and I swear that Johnson was part of it (with long hair and glasses) along with Kadri, Byram, Sherwood, and two other blokes I can't recognise.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
In the Avs 360, there was a line of players in the lockerroom fistbumping the players after the sweep and I swear that Johnson was part of it (with long hair and glasses) along with Kadri, Byram, Sherwood, and two other blokes I can't recognise.
VideoCapture_20210526-225152.jpg

I think that's O'Brien

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
If EJ’s injury is indeed a concussion like we all think, then he must have it baaaad. I know concussions are one of those difficult injuries to pinpoint and they affect everyone differently, but it’s been a long ass time since he got it and doesn’t appear to be anywhere close. Here’s to hoping they’re staying tight lipped and he has miraculous return in the playoffs.

Reactions: Metallo

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
If EJ’s injury is indeed a concussion like we all think, then he must have it baaaad. I know concussions are one of those difficult injuries to pinpoint and they affect everyone differently, but it’s been a long ass time since he got it and doesn’t appear to be anywhere close. Here’s to hoping they’re staying tight lipped and he has miraculous return in the playoffs.
I think the worse sign is that he isn't even around the team. Like you see the other injured guys popping up in the videos from the locker room that are posted, but there's been absolutely nothing from EJ for at least 3 months

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think its a concussion with EJ at all. The fact they have some sort of a rough timeline of him potentially coming back later in the playoffs would lead me to think it was some sort of shoulder injury that had a long rehab to it.

If it was a concussion they wouldn't have any sort of timeline whatsoever and quite frankly they probably would have shut him down for the year at this point anyway.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I dont think its a concussion with EJ at all. The fact they have some sort of a rough timeline of him potentially coming back later in the playoffs would lead me to think it was some sort of shoulder injury that had a long rehab to it.

If it was a concussion they wouldn't have any sort of timeline whatsoever and quite frankly they probably would have shut him down for the year at this point anyway.

I agree. With the way EJ landed to get the injury I almost think it was a facial fracture or collarbone.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I never heard that.

Are you thinking of the Voynov thing? I believe that was different--in that case it was an indefinite suspension where the team was told specifically not to let him near the facilities, and then they did anyway.
Perhaps I'm thinking of the NBA. I could have sworn between one of those leagues I heard suspended players couldn't even be in the building and that they had to stay home/at the hotel.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Perhaps I'm thinking of the NBA. I could have sworn between one of those leagues I heard suspended players couldn't even be in the building and that they had to stay home/at the hotel.

The NFL is that way. Suspended players may not enter the team facility and may not have contact with any team personnel. There might be an exception for players who are injured when the suspension starts, which of course is not common - I vaguely remember reading about some Bronco who was suspended but was allowed in to get treatment for his injury.

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is a bad way of looking at it, and personally I really hope EJ recovers to live a healthy life and that is far more important, but if EJ doesn't play in the playoffs, this will fit in the 'career threatening' exemption so they wouldn't even have to ask him to waive his NMC.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This is a bad way of looking at it, and personally I really hope EJ recovers to live a healthy life and that is far more important, but if EJ doesn't play in the playoffs, this will fit in the 'career threatening' exemption so they wouldn't even have to ask him to waive his NMC.

It sucks, but the dude is well on his way to LTIR and clearing that 6 mill up a bit early for the Avs. Like you said, I hope he's healthy off the ice and can enjoy the money he made while dragging the Avs through years of bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad