Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It really sucks, but it's at the point where I either want fully healthy EJ or Robidas Island long-term LTIR/retirement EJ. The in-between, made of glass unable to count on him version just doesn't cut it. I love EJ as a player and as a leader for the team, but he's useless if he's counting towards the cap but hurt all the time.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm 100% certain Bettman will not decrease the suspension. That would be him undermining the decision made by Parros.

Now, 3rd party arbitrator? That's a different story.

Yeah Bettman doesn't seem ready to do that. If he was he would have gotten rid of Parros after the Wilson $5K fine (like he should have) and brought in someone new to set a new standard.

Then he wouldn't have run the risk of the eventual double standard by Parros suspending someone else.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I'm 100% certain Bettman will not decrease the suspension. That would be him undermining the decision made by Parros.

Now, 3rd party arbitrator? That's a different story.

Yeah, at least Kadri has an option to have a neutral arbitrator look at this case. Should be interesting but like others said, an eight game suspension is like a 24 game regular season suspension.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Didn’t realize Bettman can actually add games if he chooses. It’ll never happen, but he can.

If Bettman adds games, and that makes the arbitrator base his decision off that number, only to reduce it back to 8, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
With EJ the fact of the matter is if he doesn’t suit up at all in these playoffs, he’s played his last game as an Av. Hopefully it would be via LTIR and we open that cap space if that happens.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
If Bettman adds games, and that makes the arbitrator base his decision off that number, only to reduce it back to 8, I'm gonna lose my mind.

A slick Bettman would reduce by 1 game to put Kadri in a tight spot on whether to appeal or not. If Bettman affirms Parros decision it's actually better for Kadri.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
"He’s got some tools that we feel can help us."

This is why you can't keep a stud like Bo in the stable. He's just too good.

It's all about getting him to game speed and waiting for the right opportunity. Byram was clearly their 4th best defenseman before he was injured, but the dude hasn't played in two months. I think Bednar is being smart and waiting for a downswing to draw him in. Timmins hasn't exactly set a super high bar in the postseason for Byram to meet.

Against Vegas with their unyielding forecheck, I really don't think it's going to take long for us to see Byram. Graves, Nemeth, and Timmins are going to get exposed big time in this series. Byram gives them a fourth guy who excels at breakouts and can play on their bottom pairing. He's an x-factor for me in this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad