NFL: 2021 Free Agent Frenzy/Cuts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow, surprised they cut Fisher. Their O-line is in shambles right now...
would have expected them to re-work his contract rather than cut him. But, maybe this is the impact of the reduction in the salary cap.

That good quality players need to get cut to see what the market bears. If they see that the offers are closer to what the team wanted in a restructure, maybe they return to their old team.

But, way better to get cut now before free agency than after a week or so into it.

Felt for those veterans who got cut after the draft for example.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He tore his Achilles and likely wouldn't play this season (and if he did, he'd be recovering and likely not his former self.
Could be. That's a bad injury.

Justin Britt of the Seahawks tore his ACL vs ATL in week 8 of 2019 didn't play last season after getting cut after the Draft. ACL recovery is typically around a year, so most guys would have been ready at the start of the season from that injury. Chris Clemons years ago tore his ACL in the Wildcard game in Washington and missed the first 3 weeks of the following season. So, it surprised me that Britt was out all of last season.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Well he knew when to ditch his

Right?! Couldn’t get away from his addict son quick enough. Still waiting for the NFL to investigate whether or not the chiefs had any knowledge of his potentially abusing substances in team facilities

sorry I have no idea what happened to my quote here lol

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
That's who I'm referring to.

yea, I originally meant to reply to the guy you replied to...then my phone messed everything up.

If this happened to Bill and Steve Belichick, he wud have been forced to retire by the 31 other owners already, but it’s loveable Andy enabling his addict son so let’s turn a blind eye

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really dislike the Dolphins cutting Van Noy after only one year. I get they like what they see in Van Ginkel but still...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Buffalo finding a way to keep Tre White, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano, Daryl Williams and Jon Feliciano in a year of a low cap is crazy. They were all last year of their deal guys when the league year started last year.

They keep their Oline intact for their young breakout QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I had always hoped that back in the day when Chris Long was a top pick that he would land with the Raiders, but alas, the Rams who were picking ahead took him, while the Raiders ended up with oft injured RB McFadden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad