OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not thrilled that multiple places are predicting the Giants end up with Paye. Can't believe Gettleman is still here making this pick.

Me gets the feeling that this is Gettleman's last draft he'll be orchestrating for the Gmen unless the Giants make the playoffs this upcoming season.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I wasn't really disagreeing. That's why i was trashing the team building pretty heavily. But we shouldn't be ignoring the 2nd round when my post was discussing the recent skill guys they picked there.

Plus your concept would have to also factor in FA's and guys we traded for. Drafting a skill guy in the first isnt' the only way to address the skill position. But we DID use some decent 2nd and 3rd round picks to take cracks at it in recent years

Edit Oh yea and you mentioned top picks when discussing Etienne in the 3rd round so to me that meant you were factoring in 2nd and 3rd rounders.
Yeah it doesn't look as bad (but still bad) when you look at the 1st 3 rounds but the jets 2nd rounders have historically sucked anyway (hopefully Mims breaks the curse). In fact the Jets remind me of the rangers who in the past would try to build a team by trading 1st round picks for older players and hoping to draft top 6 talent in the 3rd and later rounds. It works out when you make a couple of good trades and make a miracle 7th round pick but that's usually not a good team building strategy. I suppose the difference between the rangers drafting Hank in the 7th and the Pats drafting Brady in the 6th is the relative quality of the coaching staff and front office and the relative importance of the 2 positions.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Not thrilled that multiple places are predicting the Giants end up with Paye. Can't believe Gettleman is still here making this pick.

I think if Slater is still on the board, the Giants run up to the podium and select him..

Otherwise, they really should consider a trade back to the 18-22 range.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think if Slater is still on the board, the Giants run up to the podium and select him..

Otherwise, they really should consider a trade back to the 18-22 range.

i agree - i think they still have too many holes. Adding one players isn’t going to make up for the many holes despite the free agent spending spree.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
oh f*** lol

Trading rodgers would be a $30+ million cap hit and the Pack are in cap hell as it is. What would a trade even look like with Rodgers being 37yo? I just don't see a trade happening. Of course some historically bad team starting with "J" could wind up making a deal with a top pick. The Packers would turn that pick into another hof QB while team J would suck for another 20 years.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No team should be trading for a 37 year old QB with a $30 million cap hit.

I am still on the GMen should be taking a WR if Waddle/Smith are there at 11. If not then Parsons or Slater, but at that point I would consider trading back.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Would be happy with either of the Alabama WRs, Slater or Parsons at #11 for the Giants but fully expecting Gettleman to pull a "smartest man in the room" move and reach for someone everyone thought would go in the 15-25 area. Probably Kwity Paye.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Would be happy with either of the Alabama WRs, Slater or Parsons at #11 for the Giants but fully expecting Gettleman to pull a "smartest man in the room" move and reach for someone everyone thought would go in the 15-25 area. Probably Kwity Paye.
If thats who they pick then i shut the draft off immediately and drink heavy drinks

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Jets are gonna take a QB and then do typical Jets bullshit by going safety, defensive tackle, punter , tight end, kicker the rest of the draft .

If they’re gonna go down a QB &2 they need to spend all their picks on bolstering the offense , primarily line and wr. Don’t make the same mistakes again

Reactions: sbjnyc

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Najee Harris will be 100% be picked by the Steelers. Even more reason for the Jets to take him.
They want him that bad.
Move up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jets are gonna take a QB and then do typical Jets bullshit by going safety, defensive tackle, punter , tight end, kicker the rest of the draft .

If they’re gonna go down a QB &2 they need to spend all their picks on bolstering the offense , primarily line and wr
I mean I'm all for focusing on offense, but their CBs are still awful and they need to take at least one (which is why most mocks have them picking one in the first or second) and they could really use some additions at LB/Edge.

With Saleh as the coach, they're not going to neglect the glaring weaknesses on defense, I wouldn't think.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mean I'm all for focusing on offense, but their CBs are still awful and they need to take at least one (which is why most mocks have them picking one in the first or second) and they could really use some additions at LB/Edge.

With Saleh as the coach, they're not going to neglect the glaring weaknesses on defense, I wouldn't think.
I don’t care if we have the 32nd ranked defense. I am just sick and tired of having the most pathetic limp dick offense every single year. They ruined Sam Darnold by not getting him any help early on. Can’t do that again. Team has too many holes to try and spread yourself thin trying to plug every leak. Focus on the more important side first. Draft D next year. This team is still years away from being halfway decent. The Devils of Football

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don’t care if we have the 32nd ranked defense. I am just sick and tired of having the most pathetic limp dick offense every single year. They ruined Sam Darnold by not getting him any help early on. Can’t do that again. Team has too many holes to try and spread yourself thin trying to plug every leak. Focus on the more important side first. Draft D next year. This team is still years away from being halfway decent. The Devils of Football
They have 9 picks after the QB. They can take a CB and LB in the first few rounds and still have plenty of picks for OL, WR, and a RB.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
They have 9 picks after the QB. They can take a CB and LB in the first few rounds and still have plenty of picks for OL, WR, and a RB.
Sure the Jets have shown that the path to their offensive success is drafting their offensive players after the third round.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

this^ except that offensive help MUST be OL not other weapons.
Other than becton there is zero help from OL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sure the Jets have shown that the path to their offensive success is drafting their offensive players after the third round.
Which is not what I said to do. You can draft Wilson, a CB, an OL, a RB, and a WR in the first three rounds. Or whatever combination you choose. I just said you can't only draft offensive players.

In the past two decades the only offensive position the Jets have had any success with, really, is OL. Regardless of draft position. So, IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad