OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't go WR in the first. Either OL or defense, IMO. I think they're a pass rusher and another CB away from being a very good defense.
I think they will be able to find a good Edge Rusher falling into the 2nd round. Then go OL in the 3rd round.

If the WRs are there they are the best value and talent. You dont pass up on that. That WR will be here during Jones’ prime years. Shepard has only 2 more years left on his deal. Slayton could be a casualty after this year or traded.

Now if the WRs are not there at 11, I would consider trading back to get an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on how far back you’re going in the 1st round

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I didn't know that?! Booker is not very good and I thought Gallman did very well. weird
Booker is supposedly a good blocker.

But that doesn’t change the fact that the contract he was given is awful. I would rather have had Gallman, especially at the price he signed for. Not sure why we rushed to sign Booker..

Reactions: ponzu4u and bl02

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I wouldn't go WR in the first. Either OL or defense, IMO. I think they're a pass rusher and another CB away from being a very good defense.

There isn’t a pass rusher in the draft worth even a top 15 pick let alone 11.

Also, no CB in the first. We have our two outside starters. Not spending a pick on a slot CB when we have Holmes.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
PFF did a full mock.

2. Wilson QB
23. Farley CB
34. Samuel, Jr. CB
66. Weaver EDGE
86. Etienne RB
107. Long TE
146. Jaimes OT
154. Roche EDGE
186. Watkins WR
226. Patterson RB

Sign me up for those first five.
The Jets offense sucks because they don't draft playmakers with their top picks. If they could grab Etienne or Harris in the 3rd round it'd be good value IMO but I don't see either of them being available then. This draft has a good crop of WRs so I'd like to see them draft one of them if possible.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Jets offense sucks because they don't draft playmakers with their top picks. If they could grab Etienne or Harris in the 3rd round it'd be good value IMO but I don't see either of them being available then. This draft has a good crop of WRs so I'd like to see them draft one of them if possible.

NO O-Line in first 3 rounds and not until 146? That aint happening.

Etienne or Harris being available to us at 86? What the hell are they smoking at PFF? Both those guys are very likely going to be gone by the time we pick at 34 a spot I'd love to take one of them.

I dunno, this mock is horrible which is surprising seeing I respect PFF as they have good analysis for the most part.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

With the exception of Bechton who we hope emerges, they have had 0 I mean zero effective OL since Mangold + Ferguson ages ago.
We MUST get some high quality OL this draft, pref another T and a C.

NO O-Line in first 3 rounds and not until 146? That aint happening.

Etienne or Harris being available to us at 86? What the hell are they smoking at PFF? Both those guys are very likely going to be gone by the time we pick at 34 a spot I'd love to take one of them.

I dunno, this mock is horrible which is surprising seeing I respect PFF as they have good analysis for the most part.

Should have gotten another 1st, even if late 1st, or a swap of 1sts upgrade w/Darnold instead of what we got which was crap this year and good stuff next.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
With the exception of Bechton who we hope emerges.

He already emerged. As long as he doesn't regress or get hurt he's great.

Should have gotten another 1st, even if late 1st, or a swap of 1sts upgrade w/Darnold instead of what we got which was crap this year and good stuff next.

They got the best deal anyone could've reasonably hoped for. They did what they should've.

If it was possible to move up in the 1st by combining Darnold and a pick then you can certainly do it but that's an enormous if

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He already emerged. As long as he doesn't regress or get hurt he's great.

They got the best deal anyone could've reasonably hoped for. They did what they should've.

If it was possible to move up in the 1st by combining Darnold and a pick then you can certainly do it but that's an enormous if

general agree, except there are reports that they passed on better offers for Darnold b'c they had not yet made up their minds about who they were taking.

THAT was a mistake,
Be bold and get mo better picks this draft needed to upgrade OL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
general agree, except there are reports that they passed on better offers for Darnold b'c they had not yet made up their minds about who they were taking.

THAT was a mistake,
Be bold and get mo better picks this draft needed to upgrade OL
The reports that I saw were that they passed up an offer for SF's first (at the time, #12) because they had concerns about Wilson's shoulder and wanted to see him at his pro day. In hindsight, there was no reason for concern about Wilson and you'd like to do that deal instead, but that's hindsight, and it also wasn't because they hadn't made up their minds about who they would draft (it was the opposite, in fact--draft Wilson or keep Darnold).

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Bad mock by PFF.

Etienne will not fall to 86, and there's no way the Jets take back to back DBs.

I'm fascinated by what the Giants draft could be.

I know Gettleman never moves down, but he could make a killing if they feel they could trade down and still get Parsons.

Someone is going to try and move up to get the WR or OLine that will fall.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Rounded up some of the latest mocks

ESPN had each team's beat writer pick. Jets end up with Wilson and Vera-Tucker at 23, Giants with Waddle. (Would be a killer 1st for both)

Schrager's latest - Jets - Wilson & Etienne , Giants take Waddle.

Dane Brugler (Athletic) - Jets Wilson & Landon Dickerson, Giants take Kwity Paye

Kiper - Jets Wilson & Newsome (CB), Giants Waddle

Daniel Jeremiah - Jets take Wilson and Etienne, Giants trade down to 15 with NE and take Micah Parsons

Michael Renner (PFF) - Jets take Wilson & Tevon Jenkins, Giants take Slater

Would be good with a CB/OL at 23. Or Rashod Bateman - I really really like him and I think he's a great fit for the SF style offense. Not really into drafting a RB at 23 with so many holes.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
They'd try to draft playmakers, they just sucked and blew it constantly bc they hired other people's scouting interns and money managers to be GMs

Having an OL held together with crazy glue and scotch tape doesn't help either. The lack of intelligence that went into idzik and Mac's team building is absolutely astounding. Fans legitimately could have done better

Then you get some awful luck like with Devin Smith and busts like Jace Amaro and Stephen Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
They'd try to draft playmakers, they just sucked and blew it constantly bc they hired other people's scouting interns and money managers to be GMs

Having an OL held together with crazy glue and scotch tape doesn't help either. The lack of intelligence that went into idzik and Mac's team building is absolutely astounding. Fans legitimately could have done better

Then you get some awful luck like with Devin Smith and busts like Jace Amaro and Stephen Hill.

Smith
In the past 20 drafts the Jets had 22 1st round picks:

OL - 3
QB - 2
WR/TE - 1/1
DL - 8
LB - 2
DB - 5

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
NO empirical data to back this up other than a gut feeling and cause I live here near Philly and the buzz is that Joe and Howie due to their strong relationship are going to do something.

I would not be surprised if Jets and Eagles make some kind of a deal where we either move up from 23 and get their 12 or we trade back with Philly from 23 due to both teams loving a player(ie...Jets at 12 or Eagles at 23). I can easily see something along those lines occurring.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
In the past 20 drafts the Jets had 22 1st round picks:

OL - 3
QB - 2
WR/TE - 1/1
DL - 8
LB - 2
DB - 5
I wasn't really disagreeing. That's why i was trashing the team building pretty heavily. But we shouldn't be ignoring the 2nd round when my post was discussing the recent skill guys they picked there.

Plus your concept would have to also factor in FA's and guys we traded for. Drafting a skill guy in the first isnt' the only way to address the skill position. But we DID use some decent 2nd and 3rd round picks to take cracks at it in recent years

Edit Oh yea and you mentioned top picks when discussing Etienne in the 3rd round so to me that meant you were factoring in 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad