OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No what's more likely is that the 9ers offered the Jets less than what they offered the fins. Do you seriously think the Jets should have traded down from 2 to 12 plus Sam for 2 firsts?

The deal I wanted was
Darnold + SEA 1st
for
SF 1st + starting OT McGlinchey [sp?] + SF 2nd

something like that
move up 10-ish spots first round, + get 2 assets

We hold on to 2OA.

and see what develops

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The deal I wanted was
Darnold + SEA 1st
for
SF 1st + starting OT McGlinchey [sp?] + SF 2nd

something like that
move up 10-ish spots first round, + get 2 assets

We hold on to 2OA.

and see what develops
I just don't see Darnold + 23rd being enough to get 12th plus a starting tackle thrown in. Using a draft value chart that trade (without the tackle) would value Darnold as a mid 2nd rounder, which is high imo. I could see a future first being possible but why would the Jets trade a current first for a future first?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I just don't see Darnold + 23rd being enough to get 12th plus a starting tackle thrown in. Using a draft value chart that trade (without the tackle) would value Darnold as a mid 2nd rounder, which is high imo. I could see a future first being possible but why would the Jets trade a current first for a future first?

9ers are at a QB crossroads.
They either overpay for today's market or consider longer term strategy.

Darnold IS 3OA talent.
He stunk up the joint, true, but also true, he has less than zero help.
He is still a 3OA talent.

He does not command 3OA return.
He does command ballpark 12 + with a signif add.

Howev,
our GM wanted to be safe.
He did not want to move Darnold b'c they wanted to view SD vs whoever was drafted.
W/Lawrence gone, Wilson is top of the board.
But ZW had a medical issue.
Until they satisfied their concerns, that was the situation.

Should have rolled the dice and taken an upgrade on Darnold.
SF would have been happy to not overpay to move up to 3OA and NY would have gotten good return for SD.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
9ers are at a QB crossroads.
They either overpay for today's market or consider longer term strategy.

Darnold IS 3OA talent.
He stunk up the joint, true, but also true, he has less than zero help.
He is still a 3OA talent.

He does not command 3OA return.
He does command ballpark 12 + with a signif add.

Howev,
our GM wanted to be safe.
He did not want to move Darnold b'c they wanted to view SD vs whoever was drafted.
W/Lawrence gone, Wilson is top of the board.
But ZW had a medical issue.
Until they satisfied their concerns, that was the situation.

Should have rolled the dice and taken an upgrade on Darnold.
SF would have been happy to not overpay to move up to 3OA and NY would have gotten good return for SD.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
didn't want this thread getting lost, so bump up

btw when is the draft?
too lazy to look it up

Next weekend beginning on"Blursday" or whatever day it is(I forget what day it is anymore during this zombie apocalypse...lol) will be the beginning of the building the foundation(actually last year was) of what hopefully will be a decade of competitive Jet football where we are relevant again and competing for god forgive me for saying this out loud....a championship??.... lol

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
A couple of my Jets fans friends are convinced the Jets are taking Fields at 2 and this is all some elaborate ruse with Salah’s buddies in SF that they’re still going through all these workouts and rumors.

It’s so stupid but with the Jets I literally can’t rule it out.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A couple of my Jets fans friends are convinced the Jets are taking Fields at 2 and this is all some elaborate ruse with Salah’s buddies in SF that they’re still going through all these workouts and rumors.

I can't see it...the Jets taking Fields that is. I know this is the Jets but we have a competent GM running things now and so tho it's not impossible unless Douglas has changed his mind which I don't believe he has, I think it's 98.999% we are taking Wilson.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I can't see it...the Jets taking Fields that is. I know this is the Jets but we have a competent GM running things now and so tho it's not impossible unless Douglas has changed his mind which I don't believe he has, I think it's 98.999% we are taking Wilson.
Based on the last 50 years of Jets history, whoever the Jets pass on has a much better chance of becoming a star than whoever the Jets draft. The last QB drafted by the Jets who made the pro bowl as a Jet was Ken O'Brien, drafted almost 40 years ago (while passing on Marino).

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Not happening.
Only thing, IF they are extra concerned about surgery on Wilson's shoulder long term,
THEN
you trade 2nd for 3OA +
3OA for 4OA+

etc.
you try for both Sewell + Slater with the +s

And you just wait to see what QB option emerges

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
With Matt Cassell being the 2nd best qb out of USC you have to wonder about teams who trade up to draft Qbs from there.

both the Giants and Jets blew. Look at how much these teams are willing to trade for a QB in an early draft slot.

The Jets botched Darnold. They never helped him. They should have been trading this pick for a mountain of picks

The Giants, what a train wreck Gettleman has been, should have gone QB (maybe Darnold) rather than Barkley or traded right there. Adding a HB for a washed up Eli lol.

Amazingly, you could see this coming yet nobody in the NFL spoke of it. League wide the QB’s were getting old. Over half the league had aging QB’s or questionable QBs. Now teams are so desperate they’ll trade anything for a QB even if the QB is risky.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Darnold would probably have fared better with the giants but who knows if he would have been better than Jones. In that scenario the Jets probably draft the wrong Josh but neither would have succeeded on the Jets anyway.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Schrager has a new mock out today.

Jets take Wilson and Caleb Farley. Seen Farley floating now in a few mocks. The injuries scare me.

giants take Jaycee Horn.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Darnold would probably have fared better with the giants but who knows if he would have been better than Jones. In that scenario the Jets probably draft the wrong Josh but neither would have succeeded on the Jets anyway.

the key is the team could have built around the QB rather than the circus which ensued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad