2021 Florida Panthers off-season thread. Free Agent Frenzy July 28th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I guess it's only natural to ask this question and not sure if this was already discussed, but....

OEL in Vancouver now and we still have Stral who wanted to play with him in Arizona. Vancouver wants to trade Nate Schmidt and it seemed like Zito tried to get him when we hired him, could that be a potential swap if we can't sign any of the UFAs?
His practically $6 million for the next four years makes me say no. But to be honest, I don’t know much about his game.

-ghoste

Reactions: BabyBennettov

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
His practically $6 million for the next four years makes me say no. But to be honest, I don’t know much about his game.

-ghoste

In what world does Suter think he should ask for/get 3 or 4 years. He’s coming off a msssive contract and will continue to get paid by Minny for awhile. He’ll be 37 soon as well. Hard pass if it’s more than 2 years.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
In what world does Suter think he should ask for/get 3 or 4 years. He’s coming off a msssive contract and will continue to get paid by Minny for awhile. He’ll be 37 soon as well. Hard pass if it’s more than 2 years.
I was responding about Nate Schmidt.

-ghoste

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I guess it's only natural to ask this question and not sure if this was already discussed, but....

OEL in Vancouver now and we still have Stral who wanted to play with him in Arizona. Vancouver wants to trade Nate Schmidt and it seemed like Zito tried to get him when we hired him, could that be a potential swap if we can't sign any of the UFAs?
Schmidt’s game fell off a cliff last year. Do not want at that contract.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We should just bring up the d we have and stick with that. We have enough.
The d prospects in the system are nothing special. They are clearly Loading up for a run to try and knock off tampa. You don’t don’t that with Matt kiersted in your top 6

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The d prospects in the system are nothing special. They are clearly Loading up for a run to try and knock off tampa. You don’t don’t that with Matt kiersted in your top 6

Rather acquire someone at the deadline then. Signing a guy like Suter for three years will end up blocking the young guys on top of being probably an anchor at the end.

Reactions: pantherbot

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
And to have another update of our potential line-up - not including players with zero NHL experience. Crazy forward depth, especially if/when Bennett and Wennberg sign. Not having room for guys like Hepo and Deni almost looks like a sin. But they will get their playing time once the injury bug bites.
We could really use that top-4 Dman though...

Verhaege – Barkov – Reinhart
Huberdeau – Bennett? – Tippett
Marchment – Lundell/Wennberg? – Duclair
Vatrano – Acciari – Hörnqvist/Lomberg

Luostarinen
Heponiemi
Denisenko
--------------------------------------------------------
Forsling – Ekblad
Stralman – Weegar
Nutivaara – Gudas

Kiersted
Connauton
Bobrovsky
Knight

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Stay away from Suter for anything longer than 2 years.

Personally I don't want him. This is a young up and coming team and Suter just doesn't fit the mold for this group. There are better options.

No to Suter..sign up Barkov/Verhaege/Reinhart/benette and be done with it. If anything I'd rather sign Montour cheaply as a stand in. Believe it or not cap strapped playoff teams do this all the time. They have to rely on cheap depth to win games because the cap is stretched out because of their vets/superstars/horrible contracts. We have our superstar d men in Ekblad, weegar and Forsling. We have good enough d depth to support them. We finally shored up our first and second lines. Let us stop the "Tampa wouldn't stand for this lineup" because we are not Tampa. We have to push on with what we have as let it show on the ice.

If there are cheap options that make sense go for it. Suter is not one of them.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d absolutely be ok with suter on a 2yr contract. Great veteran, sound defensively, and his play hasn’t dropped off that much. I agree 4 would be way too long and 3 is a bit much too. But 2 would be great. All of our prospects could use a full year or two in the ahl anyways.

which with juulsen signing a two way, and is connauton’s also a two way? We also have kolyachonok, Ludwig, gildon, carlsson, not to mention priskie and kiersted, we also are sharing our ahl team with Seattle. A handful of guys will need to play with the swamp rabbits im guessing

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
And to have another update of our potential line-up - not including players with zero NHL experience. Crazy forward depth, especially if/when Bennett and Wennberg sign. Not having room for guys like Hepo and Deni almost looks like a sin. But they will get their playing time once the injury bug bites.
We could really use that top-4 Dman though...

Verhaege – Barkov – Reinhart
Huberdeau – Bennett? – Tippett
Marchment – Lundell/Wennberg? – Duclair
Vatrano – Acciari – Hörnqvist/Lomberg

Luostarinen
Heponiemi
Denisenko
Forsling – Ekblad
Stralman – Weegar
Nutivaara – Gudas

Kiersted
Connauton
Bobrovsky
Knight

Goaltending still remains the biggest questionmark. If Bob keeps playing like a backup we're going to have to throw Knight to the wolves which may or may not work. What a shitty situation for him to step into :( But it is what it is at this point and can't do anything about it.

In that sense getting another top 4 guy for the whole season would help, it could alleviate the pressure from the goalies.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad