2021 Florida Panthers off-season thread. Free Agent Frenzy July 28th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Viola for giving Zito the job and then staying the hell out of the way (other than supporting his financial decisions). By doing that, V looks like a friggen genius.

I know what you mean by staying the hell out… He made a mistake, or a couple…

Good businessmen don’t do the same mistake twice !

Viola has learned his lessons, putting some of his people being willing to learn, getting his man (Bill Zito), and letting him build his view and support him in every decisions (hiring quality hockey people, expanding like with the Goalie Department, etc…), giving him the money and investing in the team… Vinny knows now that he needs HOCKEY-people to run a hockey-business… And I’m convinced that with his background, Zito seems to be one of the best !

Really, Viola has made his mistakes and he has seen it too… Pretty sure he knows the last one he made was letting DT sign Bob ! That still shows he is willing to put his money where his mouth is, whatever is the expression hehe

Bill Zito will get this done ! :P

Reactions: KW

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Viola for giving Zito the job and then staying the hell out of the way (other than supporting his financial decisions). By doing that, V looks like a friggen genius.

In order for this board to acknowledge that Viola might be a pretty smart dude they'd have to admit that letting Dale and Gallant go along with their "old school hockey" format was the correct move... and that's not gonna happen. :)

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Vinny knows now that he needs HOCKEY-people to run a hockey-business

Dale was a hockey guy so that's not exactly the truth... Zito is essentially a numbers guy who understands hockey culture and how to build a team. Dale was a complete mess on his player evaluations and, thus, in contract negotiations.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Verhaeghe getting an extension already is a pleasant surprise.

Maybe trying to buy another year or two low still.

Zito smaat. This is the perfect EASports NHL20 moment to lock a player for a $3milx8 deal before he breaks through, scores 100pts and demands afterwards a $11mil per deal.

Reactions: MaWa

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Dale was a hockey guy so that's not exactly the truth... Zito is essentially a numbers guy who understands hockey culture and how to build a team. Dale was a complete mess on his player evaluations and, thus, in contract negotiations.

Dale was an old dinosaur who still kind of replenished our system the first time, and kind of get us back on track after the Keenan/Martin fiasco… But yeah, he was a hockey-man !

Zito has been a fan of the sports forever, played it in college and has been growing his pedigree and knowledge for his dream-job which is being an NHL GM…

I’m glad Viola chose him, and Zito chose us !

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
He's been bad and is facing sexual assault allegations. I don't know if an NHL team would even take a flier without them but they make him unsignable.

Bergevin sighted...
72900304.jpg

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Per LeBrun in The Athletic, when speaking about Zito, and the Reinhart acquisition:

In the meantime, I believe the Panthers are very close to re-signing RFA Sam Bennett and Carter Verhaeghe, who has another year left on his deal but can be extended as of Wednesday. I believe you’ll see both those deals announced this week.

I'm thrilled that they are close to re-signing Verhaeghe.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
4 years? Lol no thanks Suter.

2 would be ideal, 3 I guess I could stomach.
He lost me with the 4 year talk. That means to me that he’s not that interested in winning the cup. He’s way more interested in his contract.

Pass. Don’t even return calls anymore. Just… suter off.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I guess it's only natural to ask this question and not sure if this was already discussed, but....

OEL in Vancouver now and we still have Stral who wanted to play with him in Arizona. Vancouver wants to trade Nate Schmidt and it seemed like Zito tried to get him when we hired him, could that be a potential swap if we can't sign any of the UFAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad