GDT: 2021 First Round Game 3: Blues Trail 2-0 | The Picks Are In

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I have theory that Army is going to use injuries/Vladi still finding his game/Perron's covid as an excuse to not do much to the team this off season. The sad truth is though that there needs to be a tough conversation about some of the Blues vets this off season. Do we re-up Schwartz? Do we protect Vladi? Can we use that money more effectively elsewhere? Honestly I find myself leaning more and more to ending the Schwartz/Vladi era of St. Louis Blues hockey.

With cap remaining flat and some pretty significant names hitting the UFA market this year we could do a re-tool on the fly if we shed significant money.

I'm at the point where Schwartz needs to go. For 3 years, besides the 19 playoffs, he hasn't really been that good.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Too Bad Bortuzzo is out, and we don't have Reaves anymore. I guess it's up to Schenn, but we'd hate to lose him to a suspension.

We got Kyle Clifford, but I haven't seen him step up once for retribution.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I have theory that Army is going to use injuries/Vladi still finding his game/Perron's covid as an excuse to not do much to the team this off season. The sad truth is though that there needs to be a tough conversation about some of the Blues vets this off season. Do we re-up Schwartz? Do we protect Vladi? Can we use that money more effectively elsewhere? Honestly I find myself leaning more and more to ending the Schwartz/Vladi era of St. Louis Blues hockey.

With cap remaining flat and some pretty significant names hitting the UFA market this year we could do a re-tool on the fly if we shed significant money.

I'm coming around to that thinking...

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Too Bad Bortuzzo is out, and we don't have Reaves anymore. I guess it's up to Schenn, but we'd hate to lose him to a suspension.
I’d love to have Reaves back on the 4th line over a guy like Clifford

Reactions: Meatball

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Aren't most of the arenas making people show vaccine cards anyway? And it's probably up to the team for how many fans can be present, it's not like the league regulates shit like that.
how are they gonna stop scalpers from selling tickets then to people without the vaccine? the teams have no way of knowing that for sure. and as the walman situation shows just because you got it, doesnt mean it stops the other strains from hitting someone.

also not to get offtopic but if they are only selling tickets to people with vaccines and forcing them to show that they have it, thats a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I have thought the same. If Schwartz can resign for cheap and be happy in a 3rd line role while we give Thomas and Kyrou more room to grow in the top 6.
I'd be okay with that. But, it is certainly true that The Blues have become older and slower than a lot of NHL teams, and their last window has closed. They need to get more young, skilled players.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

I’m hopeful that Army sees this. He’s been fairly cold hearted in past.

Reactions: mk80

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
not happy with that 3rd period. that was primetime to go after some people. they took a ton of shots at ROR, no response.

only reason i hope they win a few games is so we can soften em up for Vegas. roster too depleted to win 4 in a row sadly.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
We got Kyle Clifford, but I haven't seen him step up once for retribution.
Tired of these 4th liners thinking they can play hockey. Leave the scoring to the top 9 and focus on grinding down the defensemen. Obviously it doesn’t help when our Top 9 doesn’t show up to score either. The only guys that came to play this series have been Binnington, Hoffman, O’Reilly, Kyrou, and Faulk. Everyone else has been useless.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I’m hopeful that Army sees this. He’s been fairly cold hearted in past.

There is a bunch of intriguing names in this years UFA class, from high end to great depth. With a sudden lack of cap space that a lot of teams are going to have, said players could go for below market value this summer. A shrewd GM could see this and and perhaps make some big changes and turn a team around in a single summer. The Blues are very clearly headed in the wrong direction long term. This summer could be huge.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Do we know how long Bortz and Faulk are out for? And how long Perron and Walman need to remain in protocol? Its been 7 days at least?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Do we know how long Bortz and Faulk are out for? And how long Perron and Walman need to remain in protocol? Its been 7 days at least?
bortuzzo broken jaw i believe so who knows with him
faulk prob done for the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad