GDT: 2021 First Round Game 3: Blues Trail 2-0 | The Picks Are In

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
To me the changing point of this game was the GOD AWFUL NO CALL on the Schenn play.

I have rewatched it and rewatched it and don't see how you don't call anything.
thats easy

refalanche

after blues get bounced i wont watch another game till finals prob but i will be sure to check in to see who the refs favor in vegas/refalanche series.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I'm at the point where Schwartz needs to go. For 3 years, besides the 19 playoffs, he hasn't really been that good.
even in 2019, until jets game 5 he was a ghost. then he was awesome until the finals where he was pretty meh.

but this is how hes played all season long TBH so im not surprised it has continued.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
damn you know shits bad when media is asking ROR about the crowd and charles glenn

such a shame that injuries and covid ruined the team for a second year in a row. at least we have our cup.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
terrible take. He couldn't help the defense getting decimated by injuries, Tarasenko turning in to a wet noodle, and a handful of players being held out for COVID protocol

Is it really though? A lot of people here were calling for him to be fired a few years ago and then he made a couple really good moves that turned the Blues into a Cup winner. After that, he's been right back to making boneheaded moves again.

I mean, if you take away the fact that the Buffalo GM was basically forced to trade O'Reilly before July 1st so he didn't have to pay that 7.5 bonus, which gave Armstrong all the power, do the Blues win the Cup in 2019? Very unlikely. The Blues benefited from circumstances.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
To me the changing point of this game was the GOD AWFUL NO CALL on the Schenn play.

I have rewatched it and rewatched it and don't see how you don't call anything.
Regardless this series is a JV vs varsity scrimmy

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

damn dizee and his conspiracy theories

sucks that Berube will be fined more than the 2 clowns who headshot our guys though for stating the obvious

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Honestly this series reminds of the 2019 San Jose series where the Sharks came in with injuries and lost more guys as it went along. Only the roles are reversed and we're like the Sharks

But outside of injuries, some serious retooling I think needs to be done. And while I don't think Army should be fired at like some posts above have mentioned, I think some scrutiny does need to be put on him because we're going in the wrong direction quickly.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
+1 ... i like the fact that chief doesnt p***yfoot around anything
I knew this was gonna be a issue going into this series as I watched the Refs hold their hands all season long. Sucks that injuries, false covid positives and dirty headshots have just wrecked this roster though.

Berube says everything tonight that I said before the series even started. Even down the the "token" makeup boxscore powerplays they will feed us late in the games.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I'm at the point where Schwartz needs to go. For 3 years, besides the 19 playoffs, he hasn't really been that good.
Before the deadline when it looked like you guys were gonna be sellers a ton of you placed his value in the high to elite territory, what happened to him?

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

sucks that Berube will be fined more than the 2 clowns who headshot our guys though for stating the obvious

Wonder how the officiating will be in game 4 after this comment.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Before the deadline when it looked like you guys were gonna be sellers a ton of you placed his value in the high to elite territory, what happened to him?

No clue. I think most people were thinking he would finally start to turn it around again like he did in the playoffs in 2019 but now were two years later and he still hasn't come close to that production. He had a horrible 18-19 season but then turned it around, so maybe that was the beginning of the end and then the playoffs were his last bit of glory? I don't know, but he's a shell of his former self at this point.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

Happy to see him call it out.

Again PP looks even but hey let's call a couple late calls on Avs and call it good.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Honestly our powerplay has been piss poor again this series, so I'm not sure more powerplays would be helpful to us.

We failed on that 5v3 last game, a goose egg tonight, etc.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I have theory that Army is going to use injuries/Vladi still finding his game/Perron's covid as an excuse to not do much to the team this off season. The sad truth is though that there needs to be a tough conversation about some of the Blues vets this off season. Do we re-up Schwartz? Do we protect Vladi? Can we use that money more effectively elsewhere? Honestly I find myself leaning more and more to ending the Schwartz/Vladi era of St. Louis Blues hockey.

With cap remaining flat and some pretty significant names hitting the UFA market this year we could do a re-tool on the fly if we shed significant money.
Well this Team went heavily Down when Army choose offensive minfed d-core over d-core which is defensively best of, and how that was build in first place.

And looks like Army is stubborm stats of mind. We need to hit Boston before he will Make change.

Those 3 good games before TDL was crucial overthinking. Not sum up overall season. Hesitate move not to act and sell at TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad