WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
I agree and disagree...

For sure Kampf is a bottom 6 NHL player.

However, who are you putting in top 6 that could make an NHL team to take his spot? It's not that he can't score, he struggles at the NHL level. Eg. if he left the NHL and went to Extraliga, his scoring would be top 10.

Using a guy like Stransky.. he struggled forever in the AHL, returned home and now he's a goal scoring stud. I doubt he'd score 10 goals in the NHL and I don't say that as a knock against him as I'm a big fan.

I just feel like an average NHL player will almost always outscore a very good Extraliga one. Look at Jaskin and Radil... both struggled at NHL level.. did great in KHL. Or Kovar who couldn't crack the NHL at all. Or Cervenka who lasted one season.

FTR... I would put Kovar in Top 6.
I agree with you 100%. But with how the current team looks like, I think it will be better to have Kampf on the 3rd line than. Because currently on center we have Kovar, Cervenka, Chytil, T. Zohorna, Kampf. Out of those players I don´t see Kampf making the top 6.

Reactions: Czechboy

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
I agree and disagree...

For sure Kampf is a bottom 6 NHL player.

However, who are you putting in top 6 that could make an NHL team to take his spot? It's not that he can't score, he struggles at the NHL level. Eg. if he left the NHL and went to Extraliga, his scoring would be top 10.

Using a guy like Stransky.. he struggled forever in the AHL, returned home and now he's a goal scoring stud. I doubt he'd score 10 goals in the NHL and I don't say that as a knock against him as I'm a big fan.

I just feel like an average NHL player will almost always outscore a very good Extraliga one. Look at Jaskin and Radil... both struggled at NHL level.. did great in KHL. Or Kovar who couldn't crack the NHL at all. Or Cervenka who lasted one season.

FTR... I would put Kovar in Top 6.
You mean Matej Stransky? Looking at his stats in the AHL, he didn´t really struggle that much. He was able to score over 20 goals in his last two seasons. Doesn´t really seems like a struggle. But I definitely agree with what you are saying, any NHL player would propably be a stud in Extraliga.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You mean Matej Stransky? Looking at his stats in the AHL, he didn´t really struggle that much. He was able to score over 20 goals in his last two seasons. Doesn´t really seems like a struggle. But I definitely agree with what you are saying, any NHL player would propably be a stud in Extraliga.
He got 128 pts in 285 games... never got a game in the NHL. Again, I'm a fan and was cheering for him when he was in Dallas but he never got past the AHL.

upload_2021-5-3_16-3-14.png

FTR.. Hoping he is a late bloomer (just like Kubalik) and tears up Swiss league and returns to NHL! I'm assuming 1,2,3 in scoring in NLA next season is Kovar, Cervenka and Stranksy!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-6_10-57-19.png

It's actually the 4th line that has my interest. Lenc seems to score more for the national team (reminds me of Rucinsky, Stepanek or Strycova). Spacek is one of my favs (off the SEL) and Stransky is on a heater (off to NLA).

I really have no idea who they cut... the players are all so evenly matched up. Eg. what exactly is the difference between a Musil, Masin and Jordan on D? They are all similar versions of one another!

Reactions: Goodman68

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
2-0 for Czechs against Slovakia. Again don't saw the game, so don't know much. Positive is Will shutout and fifth win in row. We can win, even if we don't play good, which is good.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
2-0 for Czechs against Slovakia. Again don't saw the game, so don't know much. Positive is Will shutout and five win in row. We can win, even if we don't play good, which is good.
Czechs played solid game. Neither team did all that well with the chances they created. Defensively I thought czechs were really good. Good goaltending performance as well. I think these two games are very important for both teams to gage what they have going into the tournament.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Counting on Kubalík, Kämpf, Hronek, Kovar, Cervenka, Zadina, Vrána, Chytil, Hájek, & Šimek:

Hrubec
Will
Kvaca

Simek - Hronek
Hajek - Sustr
Masin - Musil
Jordan - Sulak
Galvas - Sklenicka

Zadina - Kovar - Vrana
Kubalik - Cervenka - Radil
Kämpf - Chytil - Spacek
Zohorna - Hanzl - Zohorna
M.Strandsky - Tomasek - Blumel

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Counting on Kubalík, Kämpf, Hronek, Kovar, Cervenka, Zadina, Vrána, Chytil, Hájek, & Šimek:

Hrubec
Will
Kvaca

Simek - Hronek
Hajek - Sustr
Masin - Musil
Jordan - Sulak
Galvas - Sklenicka

Zadina - Kovar - Vrana
Kämpf - Chytil - Spacek
I'm not saying this is a gold medal threat but I would kill to see this team!

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Hrubec
Will
Kvaca

Simek - Hronek
Hajek - Sustr
Masin - Musil
Jordan - Sulak
Galvas - Sklenicka

Zadina - Kovar - Vrana
Kämpf - Chytil - Spacek
Šustr, Červenka maybe not even .. :)
Blumel plays surprisingly well ..

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Šustr, Červenka maybe not even .. :)
Blumel plays surprisingly well ..
I am not really suprised he is playing so well. He had really good season in Extraliga. Hopefully, he will make the final roster. Big fan of him. Edmonton got themselves very good player for sure.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-7_11-6-44.png

From Facebook ... Pretty much everything I'd want... they even added in Faksa who I'm hoping shows up but I haven't heard a word about it one way or the other but a solid C. It does occur to me that if this team ever got a lead, they have several D minded type players to hold it.

The D is too crowded but I have no idea who I'd cut. I've never been a huge Sklenicka/Moravcik fan but they seem quite loved by the national team.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
View attachment 430982

From Facebook ... Pretty much everything I'd want... they even added in Faksa who I'm hoping shows up but I haven't heard a word about it one way or the other but a solid C. It does occur to me that if this team ever got a lead, they have several D minded type players to hold it.

The D is too crowded but I have no idea who I'd cut. I've never been a huge Sklenicka/Moravcik fan but they seem quite loved by the national team.
We can only have 28 players, right? There are 29 players if I count correctly.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
We can only have 28 players, right? There are 29 players if I count correctly.
I didn't even know we could have 28... list seemed huge to me.lol

I can't think of which 6 D I'd pick.. the 3 NHL guys for sure (get them ready for 2022 Olympics) and then the next 3 would be impossible to pick between IMO.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
View attachment 430982

I would take Blumel instead of Sekac.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I would take Blumel instead of Sekac.
I don't think Faksa is coming.. I have no knowledge but I just haven't heard his name mentioned once by Nedved.

I'm a big fan of both Blumel and Sekac... Blumel is most likely in the AHL next year. We will see. As an Oiler's fan I'd love it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's really not clear what you got in Sekac at the moment.

If he comes motivated after a bad season it would make no sense to drop him, not even close, he is probably the best Czech forward out of those playing in Europe (it's between him and Kovar, I suppose). And you want to cut him in favor of guys like Lenc or Cerveny? Or Hynek Zohorna? What a world we live in where those are not only close but people actually pick them over Sekac.. Kinda amazing.

If he just wants to get this season over with then sure, I guess you might as well cut him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad