WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ale Zacha is definitely out. And no AHL players will come. Same like with Červenka, the coach doesn't want them.

Jan Kovář will join the team on Wednesday. Thats one good news.

And all that means Hrubec, Will and Kváča are our goalies for WC.
Not suprising that the NHL guys are dropping off like flies. Happens every year. I'm surprised coach didn't want Cervenka!

I still hope Simek makes it... he'd be a big help to us.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Projected line up for tommorow match against Finland:
Will
Kvaca

Sulak Moravcik
Vitasek Scotka
Musil Jordan
Galvas

H. Zohorna T.Zohorna Blumel
Sekac Hanzl Radil
Lenc Spacek M.Stransky
Tomasek Musil Smejkal
Cerveny

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
Man, it's kinda sad how few players we have in the NHL these days :( There really isn't much to choose from.

I really don't have any expectations from this team, so I hope they can surprise me :)

Reactions: ZadinaN11

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Man, it's kinda sad how few players we have in the NHL these days :( There really isn't much to choose from.

I really don't have any expectations from this team, so I hope they can surprise me :)
It's funny because I'm a pessimistic.. however,

I love the World's team
I love the Olympic Pro on Pro team (assuming they go all NHL)

I don't like the Hlinka or U20 team... but the current senior situation is actually quite good!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

In fact, it seems to me that the situation is definitely better than a few years ago, when, according to a journalist, they didn't want us for the WC. There is no sure NHL driver in the attack this year. But there are more and more young players in the NHL, slowly but surely.

Reactions: Swipes

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
In fact, it seems to me that the situation is definitely better than a few years ago, when, according to a journalist, they didn't want us for the WC. There is no sure NHL driver in the attack this year. But there are more and more young players in the NHL, slowly but surely.
I reckon they still wouldn’t want us in potential WC. We have less Ds in NHL than in 2016.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I reckon they still wouldn’t want us in potential WC. We have less Ds in NHL than in 2016.
But we will still build the whole defense from the NHL. Moreover, the fact that they do not want us was said a few years later, probably in the 18/19 season, and we were worse off than now, even in defense and there is no need to argue about the attack.

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
But we will still build the whole defense from the NHL. Moreover, the fact that they do not want us was said a few years later, probably in the 18/19 season, and we were worse off than now, even in defense and there is no need to argue about the attack.

I think that defense will be a problem. It will likely be built from AHLers and NHLers.

You're right that the forwards look solid, that should be fine. Not sure about the goaltending though, there isn't much improvement there.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think that defense will be a problem. It will likely be built from AHLers and NHLers.

You're right that the forwards look solid, that should be fine. Not sure about the goaltending though, there isn't much improvement there.
NHL D next year:

Rutta
Zboril
Hajek
Simek
Gudas
Hronek
Kempny

Under contract: Krutil, Kral, Galvas, Salda, Masin (small chance any become NHLers but you never know!)
Drafted: Svozil

I'm not saying it's good... but it's not awful and is better than it has been.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I honestly felt the Swiss/Slovak/German/etc fans should've boycotted it. If no Czech team, I think they should boycott too. FTR.. I hate the World Cup.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Kral will be a good NHLer imo, he's improved tremendously over the past year or so. Really looking forward to see him grow. Galvas will make it too eventually. Then you have Svozil, Jiricek, Hamara and Moravec, who all should be 1st or 2nd round picks in the next 2 drafts.

It's not great but compared with how it looked like 5 or 6 years ago, when our only full-time NHL defensemen under 30 were Gudas, Polák and Šustr and the rest were mostly washed up veterans like Zidlicky, Rozsival or Michalek, it didn't get worse.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
They haven't scored but that PP was beautiful... Spacek seems to run the show on the wall.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, I know how this works. We had a nice PP which became a nice 5 on 3 which became an okay PP. Didn't score. Now we'll get a penalty and Finns will score on the first shot!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sulak is always so noticieable when he plays for us... very polarizing player.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As I praise him... Sulak scores!

All the D I like and want to keep are defensive in nature.. guy like Sulak might help. Eg. Masin and Musil won't be brining much offence. Still hoping Simek can make it and I do think Hajek has more offence to his game. Sort of like how Marincin looks different at World's than for Leafs.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
2-1 final score for Czechs vs Finland. I really liked our game today, deserved win in my eyes. Seventh win in row. We also keep our 2nd place in EHT.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad