WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 430982

From Facebook ... Pretty much everything I'd want... they even added in Faksa who I'm hoping shows up but I haven't heard a word about it one way or the other but a solid C. It does occur to me that if this team ever got a lead, they have several D minded type players to hold it.

The D is too crowded but I have no idea who I'd cut. I've never been a huge Sklenicka/Moravcik fan but they seem quite loved by the national team.
Červenka had so many chances in the national team .. It's time to move on. Červený in front of Stránský and Špaček, that's not a good idea :)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's really not clear what you got in Sekac at the moment.

If he comes motivated after a bad season it would make no sense to drop him, not even close, he is probably the best Czech forward out of those playing in Europe (it's between him and Kovar, I suppose). And you want to cut him in favor of guys like Lenc or Cerveny? Or Hynek Zohorna? What a world we live in where those are not only close but people actually pick them over Sekac.. Kinda amazing.

If he just wants to get this season over with then sure, I guess you might as well cut him.
In my opinion, Lenc is a lock in roster. I don't know what to think about Sekáč, he didn't even play in the KHL finals, he was a healthy substitute. An overrated player, but I'll be happy to get confused.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In my opinion, Lenc is a lock in roster. I don't know what to think about Sekáč, he didn't even play in the KHL finals, he was a healthy substitute. An overrated player, but I'll be happy to get confused.
That's not down to him, simply because Ava were forced to play Hrubec in goal and ran out of import slots. I don't know what makes him overrated, the guy is an elite KHL player his whole career which is obvious simply by looking at the teams he has played on.

Even this season, his production wasn't bad despite injuries and Ava having to juggle the 6 imports, 4 of whom simply played in more important positions.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
That's not down to him, simply because Ava were forced to play Hrubec in goal and ran out of import slots. I don't know what makes him overrated, the guy is an elite KHL player his whole career which is obvious simply by looking at the teams he has played on.

Even this season, his production wasn't bad despite injuries and Ava having to juggle the 6 imports, 4 of whom simply played in more important positions.
So he was up to ... a stranger on the team ..
I liked Lev Praha, then I was a little disappointed with him. Maybe I have higher demands on him. We'll see, he'll have a chance to convince himself that he deserves the place.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Again, I wouldn't mind people having higher demands but not when his competition is a bunch of guys who have never played even close to his level.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
2-1 for Czechs in another game vs Slovakia. Kváča was amazing. Šustr with another nice snipe. Our sixth win. I think we win Euro Hockey Challenge, win all six games.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Better performance than yesterday.
Kvača, Galvas and Sulak played well.
Sekač is fighting for a nomination, exactly as Záruba said. He has nothing certain and today he just confirmed it.

Reactions: Maluk11

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Jan Růžička is the goalie who was cut. We continue with Hrubec, Kváča and Will.
And it also seems that from Europe they only count with Klok and Kovář, so no Červenka.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I was said to read no Cervenka. He was originally a guy I couldn't stand on the national team but I grew to really like him.

I was even sadder that they actually called Zacha back. I honestly think it'd be best if they just stopped asking him and moved on. It's getting awkward. He doesn't want to represent and that's fine. It's a shame but we move on.

Some hard cuts have to be made! Most of these players are of the 7 out of 10 variety and so even in ability. I have no idea how you choose one over the other... especially on D.

I hope Korenar joins but it'd be a shame to see Kvaca go.

Sad to hear about Faksa... love that guy! It's a lot of C's that we are missing.. Hertl, Faksa, Zacha...

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I know this doesnt belong to this thread but Jan Jenik will make his NHL debut against San Jose.
thanks... I missed that... it's now updated in the Czechs in North America thread that is buried deep in Central Europe on here.

He was the 29th Czech to play an NHL game... plus our 5 goalies. I just read Kempny is in Hershey so he may get an NHL game in somewhere as well. I thought he was done for the season. This could be good as he might be in good form for the next Olympic season as he'd be key for us!

Kempny, Hronek, Gudas, Rutta, Hajek, Zboril and Simek!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Složení národního týmu na MS v Rize – Milujeme Hokej

nice article...

I'd personally stop adding guys from Europe... it's getting crowded.

Just wait and see if the NHL guys are coming or not (again, i wont believe it till I see selfies of isolation boredom in Latvian hotels).

Happy to hear he really wants Korenar... I'm with Hrubec/Will being the starters.

Even if we don't get the NHL guys, I like the look of this team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's actually kinda funny, Hynek was asked sometime last spring if we are gonna see the all-Zohorna line in the KHL and he said something "I think it's too early for Radim" or "he has a lot left to prove", something along those lines. And a year later Radim is one who can't come to WC due to NHL commitment.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
David Kampf, Josef Kořenář and probably Radim Šimek are not coming. Kampf is injured and Kořenář must play in AHL for the rest of season.
Šimek also injured, but there is slim chance he will play.

GusevNik

Apr 22, 2019
David Kampf, Josef Kořenář and probably Radim Šimek are not coming. Kampf is injured and Kořenář must play in AHL for the rest of season.
Šimek also injured, but there is slim chance he will play.
Kampf is not reinforcement. Simek could certainly help the team(

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
And Zacha is definitely out. And no AHL players will come. Same like with Červenka, the coach doesn't want them.

Jan Kovář will join the team on Wednesday. Thats one good news.

And all that means Hrubec, Will and Kváča are our goalies for WC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad