OT: 2021 Blue Jays/MLB season

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ok. I’ll bite. Whose to say it’s not an inside the park HR? Or a double? You’ve gotta take subjectivity out of it. So it’s gotta be either a double. A triple. Or an inside the park. Take your pick.

I mean that's kinda the point I was making.

The baseline assumption is if it's a typical GR double is that it's a double. Everyone advances 2 bases from where they were when the pitch was delivered. In this case I don't see it as a typical GR double since, regardless of his intent, the fielder put the ball out of play negating the play.

If I were writing the rule I would use a throwing error by a pitcher as a reference.

One base, if a ball, pitched to the batter, or thrown by the pitcher from his position on the pitcher’s plate to a base to catch a runner, goes into a stand or a bench, or over or through a field fence or backstop. The ball is dead;

So in this case it would be 2 bases for the GR double +1 for putting the ball out of play.

Result would be an RBI Triple.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Regardless. Bad call or not. I’m happy

Sox we’re projected to be a .500 team. Rays owned the Sox this year. After the Sox won the first series Tampa went 11-5 against them. Sox dismantled them in game two, and won a thrilling game 4. Whooop!!!!!!!

GO SOX GO!!!
Yah, sorry, wasn't ragging on you not to be happy. Just that if there is a rule, and they follow it, I'm not sure how you can possibly call it a "bad call". Maybe a "bad rule"?

Anyway, I'm sure you wet yourself pretty well last night;):laugh: with the big win, and congrats on being a big Sox fan. You're getting the kind of success I had hoped my Yanks would have, but they obviously have a lot of holes that need to be filled/changed out in order to compete going forward.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yah, sorry, wasn't ragging on you not to be happy. Just that if there is a rule, and they follow it, I'm not sure how you can possibly call it a "bad call". Maybe a "bad rule"?

Anyway, I'm sure you wet yourself pretty well last night;):laugh: with the big win, and congrats on being a big Sox fan. You're getting the kind of success I had hoped my Yanks would have, but they obviously have a lot of holes that need to be filled/changed out in order to compete going forward.
Yankees have also had some bad luck. Cole not pitching well I. The post season needs to be addressed. I don’t like the yanks naturally but man I love Cole. He’s such a competitor.

it was a weird feeling. I wanted the Sox to win that game but wanted Cole to pitch a great game. My heart broke for him. I know it shouldn’t as these guys are multi millionaires that are paid to play but I still felt for the guy. He’s a competitor and I could just see how mad he was with himself after that performance. Yankees had a fantastic second half of the season almost opposite to the Sox. If the Yankees had started the season even average they would have won the division. They have the pieces , but maybe add a couple more guys for depth and they will have a great team!

Such a tough division as the Jays are really good now too. Probably the toughest in baseball.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yankees have also had some bad luck. Cole not pitching well I. The post season needs to be addressed. I don’t like the yanks naturally but man I love Cole. He’s such a competitor.

it was a weird feeling. I wanted the Sox to win that game but wanted Cole to pitch a great game. My heart broke for him. I know it shouldn’t as these guys are multi millionaires that are paid to play but I still felt for the guy. He’s a competitor and I could just see how mad he was with himself after that performance. Yankees had a fantastic second half of the season almost opposite to the Sox. If the Yankees had started the season even average they would have won the division. They have the pieces , but maybe add a couple more guys for depth and they will have a great team!

Such a tough division as the Jays are really good now too. Probably the toughest in baseball.
Yah, not a big Cole fan myself. Two years in a row with him and they've stunk the playoffs out, and he was supposed to be the guy to get them over the hump.

Ah well, at least now we have the two notorious cheating clubs duking it out.:laugh:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yah, not a big Cole fan myself. Two years in a row with him and they've stunk the playoffs out, and he was supposed to be the guy to get them over the hump.

Ah well, at least now we have the two notorious cheating clubs duking it out.:laugh:
Lol that is the story line lol! To be fair Cora cheated before he got to Boston but yes hahaha. It should be a good series.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Wasn't Cora the manager during the Apple Watch incident?
Maybe. I honestly just don’t pay attention too much. Cheating shouldn’t happen but people that think the only reason houstonir Boston are good from cheating don’t know baseball. Same with people who say Pats cheated agaisnt the colts from deflategate. I’m a colts fan and even I know we didn’t have a chance in that game

this has come down to the two best teams right now

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe. I honestly just don’t pay attention too much. Cheating shouldn’t happen but people that think the only reason houstonir Boston are good from cheating don’t know baseball. Same with people who say Pats cheated agaisnt the colts from deflategate. I’m a colts fan and even I know we didn’t have a chance in that game

this has come down to the two best teams right now
Cheating or not, yes, they are definitely the best 2 teams in the AL, and it really should be a great series. I'm calling it to go the full 7, but can't give a winner. Just too close.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Cheating or not, yes, they are definitely the best 2 teams in the AL, and it really should be a great series. I'm calling it to go the full 7, but can't give a winner. Just too close.
Ya I’m not expecting a win but hoping like hell. Both teams are playing their best baseball right now. Should be exciting

hoping Giants win tonight too

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Terrible swinging strike call by the first base ump to end the Dodgers-Giants series. The batter checked that swing and it wasn't close to crossing the plane of the foul line.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Terrible swinging strike call by the first base ump to end the Dodgers-Giants series. The batter checked that swing and it wasn't close to crossing the plane of the foul line.

It'll be the next thing to be challenged to be reviewed...and rightfully so. Make it so it can only be challenged on 3rd strike calls.

Bleh at this final four. I can't stand the Astros and the Dodgers. The Red Sox I don't mind but I found their 2004 team much more likeable and fun to watch. That leaves the Braves to cheer for, who I don't mind anyways.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I saw something saying "what exactly is a check swing?, it's purely and umpire decision"

Since when? This rule is as clear as it comes. Yes it may be tough to be 100% as things get close, but come on how is it judgement?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone not bored with MLB playoffs being the same bunch of teams year over year?

Really need to do something so that the top salary doesn't have a salary of 5x what the bottom salary is.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone not bored with MLB playoffs being the same bunch of teams year over year?

Really need to do something so that the top salary doesn't have a salary of 5x what the bottom salary is.
Well, the Rays were in the playoffs this year, and last year went all the way to the finals, despite having one of the lowest payrolls in the league, if not THE lowest. MLB does have a luxury tax, but the problem is that it really isn't much of a problem for the big boys. As well, I'm not even sure if they have a minimum floor, like the NHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I am absolutely shocked that the Yankees gave Boone a 3 year extension, thought for sure they were going to move on.
I think Cashman is more of the problem, but yah, a bit surprising. Just a poorly constructed team despite all the $$$s.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think Cashman is more of the problem, but yah, a bit surprising. Just a poorly constructed team despite all the $$$s.
Cashman is no different than Montoyo is. He’s just a dummy with managements hand up his backside moving his mouth when he speaks. Neither one of those two makes any of their own decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad