OT: 2021 Blue Jays/MLB season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ramirez is definitely the cream of the crop as far as 3rd base targets go, but hes going to cost an arm and a leg so it depends on the price. Outside of him I like Matt Chapman out of Oakland, should be much cheaper than Ramirez and would really solidify the infield defence but you gotta hope he regains something closer to his 2019 form at the plate. Maybe sign someone like Kyle Seager as a stop gap if you think Groshans/Martinez are close.

I don't think Espinal cuts it either, ideally you have him and Biggio platoon at 2nd. I agree as it currently stands the rotation needs more help but i think there are a lot more options out there to fill those spots than there is a 3rd base. I think we see both areas addressed, but this offseason will really drag out.

I don't this entirely rules it out, but i agree its not looking likely. Not sure about giving him $115+ million anyways
They gave up a fair bit to get him, so I think they wanted to do whatever it took to keep him, rather than letting him walk after a couple months.

Reactions: MuzzaFuzza

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Jays sign Kevin Gausman to a 5 year, $110 million contract and finally get a guy they've been after for awhile. Coming a day after signing Yimi Garci to shore up the pen. Should all but shut the door on a Robbie Ray return. Time to get another depth starter, a new 2nd/3rd baseman and some more reliever depth.

Marcus Semien also signed in Texas. 7 years, $175 million :eek: I thought a team might have to give a 6th year to him but i guess Texas needed a 7th to keep him away from going to the West coast. Good for him, he deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad