OT: 2021 Blue Jays/MLB season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Both the Red Sox and the Braves had their feet on the throats of the Astros and Dodgers late in the game, but their bullpens blew it. And now, both series will be highly contested.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Both the Red Sox and the Braves had their feet on the throats of the Astros and Dodgers late in the game, but their bullpens blew it. And now, both series will be highly contested.
Why don’t you tell me I’m fat and kick me in the balls too??

lmao jk man. It’s true, can’t believe we blew it. Today . Sale looked so good ugh. Then the 5th got him and it hasn’t gotten any better.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why don’t you tell me I’m fat and kick me in the balls too??

lmao jk man. It’s true, can’t believe we blew it. Today . Sale looked so good ugh. Then the 5th got him and it hasn’t gotten any better.
Sale channeled his inner Garritt Cole in the 5th inning and blew up in the biggest game of the season for him to this point. I'm not going to predict anything else in this series. Just when it looks like one team has the other by the throat, everything changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston win the next one and force a game 7.

As for the other series, I'm sure the Dodgers are tying to draw inspiration from being down 3-1 to the very same team last year. Big difference this year though, is that 2 of their biggest boppers (Muncy and Turner) are not in the lineup.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Sale channeled his inner Garritt Cole in the 5th inning and blew up in the biggest game of the season for him to this point. I'm not going to predict anything else in this series. Just when it looks like one team has the other by the throat, everything changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston win the next one and force a game 7.

As for the other series, I'm sure the Dodgers are tying to draw inspiration from being down 3-1 to the very same team last year. Big difference this year though, is that 2 of their biggest boppers (Muncy and Turner) are not in the lineup.
Ya man you’re absolutely right. It’s a series built on momentum for sure. Sox have the pitching advantage tomorrow with Nate going so I am hoping we can pull it off and send this to game 7! My guts will be in a knot all day tomorrow

as for the other series I just hope the Braves end it tonight. They are a great under dog story and haven’t been in a World Series in 23 years. Would be cool to see.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And that's that. Boston did pretty well just to get to this point, so no shame in that. They were not very good last year, and the re-tooling this year was probably far beyond their expectations, so good on them. I HATE the Astros though, so whoever comes of the NL better crush them.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
And that's that. Boston did pretty well just to get to this point, so no shame in that. They were not very good last year, and the re-tooling this year was probably far beyond their expectations, so good on them. I HATE the Astros though, so whoever comes of the NL better crush them.

Agreed, it was a no win scenario there it Boston or Houston, and while the Bauer signing and the loading up has begun to sour me towards the Dodgers, I would rather cheer for either NL teams this season (hoping for Atlanta).

Braves up 4-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Atlanta exorcises the demons from last year with a solid win, and a big upset. Amazing that they can lose their best player and another very good player, and make relatively minor trades to replace them, and then not survive, but thrive. Who thought Rosario would do this? I will unabashadly now cheer for the Braves to win the WS. Houston can shove it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Too bad Dusty is their manager. He's the only one I like on that team and org.

Nothing but respect for Dusty. Probably the only manager who could handle Bond's attitude. However still want Atlanta to win.

Dusty is staring another World Series loss in the face. It just dawned on me, but he's like Tippett in a way. He can get the team to the post season but just can't seem to figure out how to put the rest of the puzzle together once there.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Braves got a 4-0 lead off a grand slam and are now trailing 7-5 in the bottom of the sixth.

Nothing like an Atlanta franchise choking in a big sports moment. :sarcasm:

But seriously, Buck and Smolz already talking like Games 6 & 7 are a given. I hope the Braves win just to prove them wrong and win it at home.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Congrats Braves and Braves fans everywhere. Haven’t won a title in 26 years. Awesome under dog story. I’m a die hard Sox fan, but I have no problem with this. Super happy for the Braves!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yup, I think concensus is cheering for the Braves, so glad Houston didn't win - f*** them. Braves pitching, particularly relief was lights out in the playoffs. And Dansby Swanson always has a job as a butler or chauffeur waiting for him if he ever wants it, with a name like that!

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
This was probably the least interested i’ve been in the postseason for years.

Super happy for AA and Gibby though, first Canadian GM to win the World Series! Sucks he wasn’t able to be there celebrating with his team.

Side note, has a team ever traded for both a LCS MVP & a WS MVP in season? And Has a sub 90 win team ever won it all?

Reactions: brentashton

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This was probably the least interested i’ve been in the postseason for years.

Super happy for AA and Gibby though, first Canadian GM to win the World Series! Sucks he wasn’t able to be there celebrating with his team.

Side note, has a team ever traded for both a LCS MVP & a WS MVP in season? And Has a sub 90 win team ever won it all?
Really impressive that the Braves rebuilt their entire starting playoff outfield due to injury. I honestly thought when Acuna went down, they were done, especially after losing Sorotka earlier.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

Jays get their first big piece of business done this offseason signing Berrios to an extension that seems pretty team friendly. I was already coming around on the price they paid to get him but this makes it even better.

I thought we wouldn't see any big moves done before the CBA is figured out.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Jays get their first big piece of business done this offseason signing Berrios to an extension that seems pretty team friendly. I was already coming around on the price they paid to get him but this makes it even better.

Love to see this. Would still love to retain Ray but I just don't think him or Semien come back.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Love to see this. Would still love to retain Ray but I just don't think him or Semien come back.

I don't think so either, maybe Ray. But I do think they swing a trade for a star player of some sort, there is just too many big names out there for this team to not end up with one of them.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I don't think so either, maybe Ray. But I do think they swing a trade for a star player of some sort, there is just too many big names out there for this team to not end up with one of them.
Keep seeing Jose Ramirez tossed around. What do you think for an add at 3rd? I'd rather see reinforcements to the pen and rotation more than anything, but I dunno if Espinal cuts it.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I think this signing is a pre-emptive move by the team with Ray on his way out.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Keep seeing Jose Ramirez tossed around. What do you think for an add at 3rd? I'd rather see reinforcements to the pen and rotation more than anything, but I dunno if Espinal cuts it.

Ramirez is definitely the cream of the crop as far as 3rd base targets go, but hes going to cost an arm and a leg so it depends on the price. Outside of him I like Matt Chapman out of Oakland, should be much cheaper than Ramirez and would really solidify the infield defence but you gotta hope he regains something closer to his 2019 form at the plate. Maybe sign someone like Kyle Seager as a stop gap if you think Groshans/Martinez are close.

I don't think Espinal cuts it either, ideally you have him and Biggio platoon at 2nd. I agree as it currently stands the rotation needs more help but i think there are a lot more options out there to fill those spots than there is a 3rd base. I think we see both areas addressed, but this offseason will really drag out.

I think this signing is a pre-emptive move by the team with Ray on his way out.

I don't this entirely rules it out, but i agree its not looking likely. Not sure about giving him $115+ million anyways

Reactions: GOilers88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad