Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs need to show Bettman how dumb this LTIR loophole is and fight fire with fire.

They need to just put a bunch of guys on LTIR for a "sore back." They can't stop it if they're not stopping Vegas. How are they gonna disprove it?

Doctor asks, "What's wrong? Player says, "My back." "Does this hurt?" "Yes Ouch!" "He can't play Gary."

Put EJ on LTIR with a sore back and trade for a top 4 D. Put Francouz on LTIR for a sore back and trade for MAF to have 3 goalies. Put Gabe on LTIR with a sore back and trade for Giroux and Pavelski. Hell put Toews on LTIR just for the hell of it. Maybe they can avoid any bonus overages next year.

I'm 100% serious with this. They could use the rest with all the games down the stretch, and half the team probably has sore backs anyway.

f*** Vegas gaining such a big advantage this way. Avs will most likely have to go through them in the west. So just put a bunch of guys on LTIR and trade for a power house at the deadline. See how they like them apples?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Jost's production is dime a dozen. The only reason you'd want to hang on to him at this point is his age and hope that he'll finally break through at some point. But I think that hope is circling the drain right now

Just remember though, not everyone can be Rantanen, Mackinnon etc. You need those bargain basement contracts (I'm not talking about ability). They play a role.
So, who are we replacing Jost with, at that nominal salary? Same goes for MacDermid. I suggested he's the perfect role player for us, very cheap, and people are actually seeing that now.
Jost knows our system, our style, our culture. He's rarely injured. He's scored 12 points, in 45 games this season (not bad for a 4th liner) - on track for around 20.

I also think full strength, when the bottom 6 is filled completely, his numbers will improve: Compher, Newhook, NAK, Helm, LOC & Jost are a mighty fine bottom 6.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
IMO, a former 10th overall pick + a top prospect + 1st round pick for a 34-year-old guy, who's a UFA and will walk after the year is an overpayment.

The price for Savard last year was a 1st + 3rd. Giroux is way more valuable than Savard and Philly will have to retain 50%. Really it’s a 4th liner (who may be a late bloomer but highly unlikely) + a prospect whose ceiling is middle 6 + a late 1st.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Just remember though, not everyone can be Rantanen, Mackinnon etc. You need those bargain basement contracts (I'm not talking about ability). They play a role.
So, who are we replacing Jost with, at that nominal salary? Same goes for MacDermid. I suggested he's the perfect role player for us, very cheap, and people are actually seeing that now.
Jost knows our system, our style, our culture. He's rarely injured. He's scored 12 points, in 45 games this season (not bad for a 4th liner) - on track for around 20.

I also think full strength, when the bottom 6 is filled completely, his numbers will improve: Compher, Newhook, NAK, Helm, LOC & Jost are a mighty fine bottom 6.

I don't think anyone expects Jost to produce at the level of MacKinnon, but what I'm saying is if he's the difference between adding and not adding Giroux for a Cup run, you ship him out. He's replaceable. Just plug and play any one of Sikura/Bowers/Kaut to eat up those 4th line minutes

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
My guess is girouxs list is known and very small. There hasn’t been any other rumours of the flyers scouting like this elsewhere.

MacKinnon has pumped Giroux tires in the past a lot. And the Avs are one of the favorites for the Cup.

Plus they play a fun offensive style of game and might be able to re-sign him for more shots at Cups, to replace Burakovsky or Kadri, depending on his price.

Avs should be at the top of a very short list for him. Maybe even the only team if he really wants to play here, given his full NMC.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
MacKinnon has pumped Giroux tires in the past a lot. And the Avs are one of the favorites for the Cup.

Plus they play a fun offensive style of game and might be able to re-sign him for more shots at Cups, to replace Burakovsky or Kadri, depending on his price.

Avs should be at the top of a very short list for him. Maybe even the only team if he really wants to play here, given his full NMC.

I haven’t been this confident we are getting someone in a long time, pretty exciting to say the least. Hopefully It becomes a reality soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad