GDT: 2021-22 season game 13 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @4:00pm 11/9/21

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
A lot of recent games have followed similar pattern: boring early on, but turn into an exciting game down the stretch.

I'm starting to become very concerned about Kopitar's skating. It's frustrating because all the forward lines look pretty good except his line.

Back-to-back good goaltending performances.

Iafallo has become such a fundamentally sound all-situations player. You can tell he's put effort into refining every little nuance of his game.

This 6 game win streak isn't a total fluke, but it is a little flukey.

eleventy

Conditioner before shampoo
Jul 4, 2007
A lot of recent games have followed similar pattern: boring early on, but turn into an exciting game down the stretch.

I'm starting to become very concerned about Kopitar's skating. It's frustrating because all the forward lines look pretty good except his line.

Iafallo has become such a fundamentally sound all-situations player. You can tell he's put effort into refining every little nuance of his game.

It feels flukey because we aren't dominating for an entire 60 minutes. But these are the kinds of games we would find a way to lose last year, and we'd lose them in bunches. Petersen's post game said it all, though - they're finally learning to win when things are AND aren't going their way.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What’s up fellas and ladies.I rarely post. However, I read your posts every morning. It’s one of my rituals when I wake up before work. Anyways, the negativity needs to stop. Stop talking shit and enjoy the game.
No Doughty. No Walker. No Anderson. No ardvison. This team has something. Let’s support them and love them because we do. Are you a good fan or not? Side note no more Dustin Brown on the PP…
agreed.

Its getting worse and worse. Too much sh*t.

Very annoying.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
TM should be called out by Bluc and even the 5 or 6 analyst exec Summer hires too, for putting 23 out in OT.
I could not believe 23 went on the ice in OT. WTF? I wondered if he jumped on the ice on his own, or if TM actually put him on and was wanting to lose. Atrocious ECHL level giveaway by 23 and was so close to costing the game. I almost wish it would have....as 23 will get away with that and probably be put out there again, 3 on 3. Why put the slowest player on the ice, 3 on 3? One who cannot defend against 3 fast players? Kupari should have gone on. Wicked speed. Wicked skill. Great shot, great hands...and top notch, defensively. 17 light years ahead of 23. Or more.
Kaliyev is wasted on line 4 and makes no sense. It would be better to play him, or send him to the Reign. Bring up JAD and sit Lizotte. JAD and Andersson in.

Can you imagine in Kaliyev turned the puck over like Brown? He'd be scratched.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
What They're Saying: The Juice Is Loose In Montreal Tonight Edition

nhlfan9191:
Two American hockey league teams going at it on 3v3. What a masterpiece.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL: Kings look tired , easy win

McGees: Kings played last night so they will be tired.
6-1 Kings.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL: We almost beat a bottom 10 team on a back to back at least.

Holystik: Today, I quit smoking cigarette.
27 years of smoking.
35 cigarettes a day.
600$ a month.

Usually I would ask for the Habs to win for this sacrifice but now I'm all about that tank.

Kennedys:
The Habs almost won a game

NMacrules: Kings didn't look sharp. Its almost like they played last night. :sarcasm::D

MarkovsKnee: Kings have a lot of fast forwards. They're a pretty good team. Think they'll make the playoffs this year.

Stive Morgan: Savard every time someone passes him:

superbad-seth-rogen.gif

BozoTheClown: Look at the amount of Kings players drafted by LA.l, the scoring leaders and the team leaders... and then there is us.

canucklover123: Love Phil continuing to make posters here look dumb :laugh::laugh:

Gabriel Sagala: PD has 6 pts in his last 5 games

Habs4Life: Hoping Danault gets a hat trick!!!!

Beendair Donedat: And on a pace of career high 55 pts

That would have been great to have a 2nd C with those projection

Danault scores for sure. Kings win, and embarrass the Habs on home ice. We will be lucky to score once, especially after the debacle that was Saturday night.

blarneylad: Up until last night he had 1 goal in 11 games..he had an offensive night early in the season but up until that he was on pace for a 40 point season. Right in line with exactly who he is. A fantastic 3rd line center

Edmhabber: I don’t mind, or care, that Danault is doing well in LA. Offensive talent was something he never exhibited with the Habs however. Most times offence died on his stick. Great defensively, but let’s not kid ourselves now by thinking we’ve lost a number 1 Center.

CristianoRonaldo: Danault's fan club is out in full force... The guy is a #3C, nothing more.

Awesome game against the Leafs last night !

overlords:
hammaya-relaxed.gif

mfw when I tune in a bit late and danault hasn't scored on us yet

Catanddogguitarrr: "J'ai finalement vu mon chien". "I finally saw my dog. It's been 2 months I didn't see him. He's coming to LA soon". Loved that Danault press conference. Lot of fun and jokes.

Not The One: We didn't make the playoffs because of Danault but he was one of the important pieces who got us there.

Catanddogguitarrr: Danault was a Selke nominee, hellooo, are you there, a Selke nominee. Hello Houston is calling. Are you there?

And the people who say COVID got us into the playoffs are the usual whiners who derive their sole pleasure in life from bashing their own team. and are incapable of giving proper credit to people they've crapped on for years. The rules were the same for everybody.

Canadienna: I like the guy, his pizza antics and saying his kid was conceived the night they made the finals is legendary.

McGees: Dan0 starting OT is a thing in LA too

angusyoung:
bad-boy-pervert.gif

Riddick412: Dude your relationship with Danault is unhealthy. Get help.

PhysicX: Whether Danault scores a hatty or gets injured, I could not care less. He wanted to get paid during FA and wanted a bigger role, or at the very least, a realistic chance at it. I'm glad he's gone and good on him for producing at the start of the season.

Danault would be but a blip on the Habs radar had this team been able to draft and develop prospects. Heck, we would've been able to afford/meet his salarial demands with a properly functioning farm team instead of having to sign the Toffolis or Savards of this world.

Yet, here we are, having to listen to fans pointing their fingers at other fans for criticizing Danault's offensive game during his entire tenure as a Habs, just because said player started off well, while this entire organization is in turmoil. It's pathetic, but to be expected.

Monsieur Miz: Good guy Danault giving away his stick.

tazsub3 (regarding Danault): i was not a hater, but i was one who said he is replaceable and i would not pay what he got, and now i am one who recognize i was very very wrong

le_sean: Peterson with like 10 big saves in OT and Allen let’s that garbage in. There’s the difference.

Le Tricolore: I really like Cal Petersen's mask.

Beendair Donedat: What a hit by Brown on Suzuki, you never see an open ice truck job like that 3 on 3.

Brendan Lemieux looked like his old man tonight - the greasy cowardly parts. Laid down twice on Pezzetta after taking runs at other guys. Hopefully Pezzetta isn’t demoted after taking those penalties, it’s not his fault Lemieux has no honour.

King Makar19: Suzuki gottt rocked by Oldie Brown

Vachon23: ouff Dustin Brown is still a train

Monsieur Miz: Brown annihilated Suzuki wow.

caliente: Suzuki got smooshed real good

dinodebino: Kempe wanted the big money on the Kings’ board.

McGees: I wanted Kempe that draft.

KikoHunter: They just let Kempe glide around with the puck at the end there like he's not even in the o-zone lol. Just watching him slowly set up his own rush, good job!

Toffoli4Rocket: LOL at Kempe wheeling the zone like its NHL 03 easy mode on PS2.

BigBoyNoise87: Kempe needs to start claiming the Montreal Canadiens on his taxes.

Monsieur Miz: Anderson should look at Kempe's goal.

That's how you use your speed f***.

vHAB: Entertaining game at least. Beauty goals by Evans and Kempe

MarkovsKnee: Kings are 12th in NHL, and are actually tied with Toronto & Anaheim :)eek:) for 10th OA.

They're a good team this year. A ton of speed at forward. They need to improve D.

Catanddogguitarrr: I would like to have a team like that to watch. That's kind of offensive hockey to watch. Having said that and they have Danault, a bit contradictory, lol. Kings must have some genious to draft the good players.

Love these! I remember you or someone else doing them years ago.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I loved Kempe’s goal, ridiculous and he’s probably the only guy on the team that could have scored it. I do understand the frustration with him at times but it’s a case of taking the rough with the smooth. As I said yesterday (?) we are better with than without. He’s currently on pace for 30 goals and more realistically I’m hoping he ends up at 25, he’s 3rd on the team for hits and drives play well. My biggest issue, like many I feel, are the OZ penalties as in theory it’s the easiest thing to fix. He’s has a good start overall, we just need some consistency in his offensive output.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I think that Dustin Brown intentionally turned the puck over to Suzuki so that he would get all excited and try to juke Kopi, then Suzuki recovers the puck at center ice just so Brown can crush him like a bug. That's how next-level DB is.

Seriously, that hit turned the game. Kings take the puck, get Kempe on the ice, and never looked back.

Matt13

Jul 9, 2004
Kaliyev is wasted on line 4 and makes no sense. It would be better to play him, or send him to the Reign. Bring up JAD and sit Lizotte. JAD and Andersson in.

The return of Arvi will force them to send Arty down. He just isn’t ready for the full time gig.

however Lizotte has been very good. Maybe we can see him Lemieux and Lias instead.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Anze's last 5 games:

24:18, 21:56, 22:29, 21:09, 23:54.

For the last 5 games, that's more minutes than any forward in the NHL. AKA more minutes than many #1 dmen and the small handful of forwards getting more icetime (names like Kane, Ovechkin, McDavid) for the season aren't doing anything meaningful defensively or PKing.

It's atrocious management, especially when saddled with Brown. Both of those guys were visibly wobbly in a way I'm not sure I've seen in the NHL before and still got thrown out for OT.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Man that second period was fun to watch. LA was so dominant but could not burry it. Thought Montreal was going to pull it out given how LA could not get one despite so much pressure in the 2nd and the PP failure.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

That's not true. He would've been scratched a long time ago if that were the case.

Kaliyev is the rare bird who is useless 99% of the time, but that 1% is so great that it supersedes his deficiencies. He's really been fighting the puck the last couple games with unforced errors on stick handles and botched passes, but once in a while, he gets off a magical shot that goes in that no one else on the team can accomplish.

I think his role is fine for the time being at 5 v 5. Would like to see him more on the PP, but that's another matter. Just let him curl to the blue line and come downhill towards the goalie and let him shoot. It's worked twice so far this year.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I loved Kempe’s goal, ridiculous and he’s probably the only guy on the team that could have scored it. I do understand the frustration with him at times but it’s a case of taking the rough with the smooth. As I said yesterday (?) we are better with than without. He’s currently on pace for 30 goals and more realistically I’m hoping he ends up at 25, he’s 3rd on the team for hits and drives play well. My biggest issue, like many I feel, are the OZ penalties as in theory it’s the easiest thing to fix. He’s has a good start overall, we just need some consistency in his offensive output.

Agreed. Kempe has always been a streaky scorer. Hopefully he can be more a more consistent contributor and cut down on the often lazy and ill timed penalties. Depending on the game, he can be one of the most dynamic players on the ice. Let's have more of those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad