GDT: 2021-22 season game 13 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @4:00pm 11/9/21

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
That was at us imo

Absolutely. And gonna have to live with the growing pains for now--like Bjornfot getting dangled tonight. Kid is only 20. Anderson only 22. Etc.

Crazy thing about MA is he's near the top of the league's WAR stats with literally ZERO points, that tells you how much he's doing.
Jesus Anderson is only 22?! I know there's been some bad plays but the D has been good overall except Maatta, he's gotta go. Sucks that Walker is out the rest of the season. Can't wait for Doughty to comeback, his place shows on the pp and pk.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jesus Anderson is only 22?! I know there's been some bad plays but the D has been good overall except Maatta, he's gotta go. Sucks that Walker is out the rest of the season. Can't wait for Doughty to comeback, his place shows on the pp and pk.

Our Dcore by minutes played:

Roy (26)
Anderson (22)
Bjornfot (20)
Edler (107)
Maatta (27)
Clague (23)

Walker (26)
Doughty (31)
Strand (24)

That's a lot of growing pains and it's ok. It's just not okay from Maatta. He's actively getting worse. It's Strand time.

Something Jim(?) pointed out re: Bjornfot that also applies to Anderson is the 'short memory' thing, they can get burned but will go back, reset, and take the next shift just fine as opposed to compounding mistakes (Olli, cough). That's what's helping the youth grow on D at this time

Reactions: David Lunch

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Phil Danault made me laught on press conference. He just said 6 minutes ago "I finally saw my dog"
" j'ai finalement vu mon chien", Been two months I didn't saw him. He paid 10,000$ welcome tax, he found that was enough, lol. He had fun at press conference with the journalists. I think Phil put a lot of cash on the board when Habs visited them a week ago, lol

edit : his dog is coming to LA soon but it's complicated measures and delays ...

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
What a turnaround, Kings finding ways to win now when in the past they would have just either lost that game at the end of the first, or collapsed on the PK at the end. Progress. That's all I wanted to see.

Will reserve my TM bitching for another night because most everyone else saw the same things I saw tonight. Just gonna leave one stat here--on a back to back, Kopitar 24 minutes, Grundstrom 8. Gonna be fun to see what he looks like on game 4 in 6 days.
Funny thing is that Grundstrom was terrific tonight too, his best game of the year.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What They're Saying: The Juice Is Loose In Montreal Tonight Edition

nhlfan9191:
Two American hockey league teams going at it on 3v3. What a masterpiece.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL: Kings look tired , easy win

McGees: Kings played last night so they will be tired.
6-1 Kings.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL: We almost beat a bottom 10 team on a back to back at least.

Holystik: Today, I quit smoking cigarette.
27 years of smoking.
35 cigarettes a day.
600$ a month.

Usually I would ask for the Habs to win for this sacrifice but now I'm all about that tank.

Kennedys:
The Habs almost won a game

NMacrules: Kings didn't look sharp. Its almost like they played last night. :sarcasm::D

MarkovsKnee: Kings have a lot of fast forwards. They're a pretty good team. Think they'll make the playoffs this year.

Stive Morgan: Savard every time someone passes him:

superbad-seth-rogen.gif

BozoTheClown: Look at the amount of Kings players drafted by LA.l, the scoring leaders and the team leaders... and then there is us.

canucklover123: Love Phil continuing to make posters here look dumb :laugh::laugh:

Gabriel Sagala: PD has 6 pts in his last 5 games

Habs4Life: Hoping Danault gets a hat trick!!!!

Beendair Donedat: And on a pace of career high 55 pts

That would have been great to have a 2nd C with those projection

Danault scores for sure. Kings win, and embarrass the Habs on home ice. We will be lucky to score once, especially after the debacle that was Saturday night.

blarneylad: Up until last night he had 1 goal in 11 games..he had an offensive night early in the season but up until that he was on pace for a 40 point season. Right in line with exactly who he is. A fantastic 3rd line center

Edmhabber: I don’t mind, or care, that Danault is doing well in LA. Offensive talent was something he never exhibited with the Habs however. Most times offence died on his stick. Great defensively, but let’s not kid ourselves now by thinking we’ve lost a number 1 Center.

CristianoRonaldo: Danault's fan club is out in full force... The guy is a #3C, nothing more.

Awesome game against the Leafs last night !

overlords:
hammaya-relaxed.gif

mfw when I tune in a bit late and danault hasn't scored on us yet

Catanddogguitarrr: "J'ai finalement vu mon chien". "I finally saw my dog. It's been 2 months I didn't see him. He's coming to LA soon". Loved that Danault press conference. Lot of fun and jokes.

Not The One: We didn't make the playoffs because of Danault but he was one of the important pieces who got us there.

Catanddogguitarrr: Danault was a Selke nominee, hellooo, are you there, a Selke nominee. Hello Houston is calling. Are you there?

And the people who say COVID got us into the playoffs are the usual whiners who derive their sole pleasure in life from bashing their own team. and are incapable of giving proper credit to people they've crapped on for years. The rules were the same for everybody.

Canadienna: I like the guy, his pizza antics and saying his kid was conceived the night they made the finals is legendary.

McGees: Dan0 starting OT is a thing in LA too

angusyoung:
bad-boy-pervert.gif

Riddick412: Dude your relationship with Danault is unhealthy. Get help.

PhysicX: Whether Danault scores a hatty or gets injured, I could not care less. He wanted to get paid during FA and wanted a bigger role, or at the very least, a realistic chance at it. I'm glad he's gone and good on him for producing at the start of the season.

Danault would be but a blip on the Habs radar had this team been able to draft and develop prospects. Heck, we would've been able to afford/meet his salarial demands with a properly functioning farm team instead of having to sign the Toffolis or Savards of this world.

Yet, here we are, having to listen to fans pointing their fingers at other fans for criticizing Danault's offensive game during his entire tenure as a Habs, just because said player started off well, while this entire organization is in turmoil. It's pathetic, but to be expected.

Monsieur Miz: Good guy Danault giving away his stick.

tazsub3 (regarding Danault): i was not a hater, but i was one who said he is replaceable and i would not pay what he got, and now i am one who recognize i was very very wrong

le_sean: Peterson with like 10 big saves in OT and Allen let’s that garbage in. There’s the difference.

Le Tricolore: I really like Cal Petersen's mask.

Beendair Donedat: What a hit by Brown on Suzuki, you never see an open ice truck job like that 3 on 3.

Brendan Lemieux looked like his old man tonight - the greasy cowardly parts. Laid down twice on Pezzetta after taking runs at other guys. Hopefully Pezzetta isn’t demoted after taking those penalties, it’s not his fault Lemieux has no honour.

King Makar19: Suzuki gottt rocked by Oldie Brown

Vachon23: ouff Dustin Brown is still a train

Monsieur Miz: Brown annihilated Suzuki wow.

caliente: Suzuki got smooshed real good

dinodebino: Kempe wanted the big money on the Kings’ board.

McGees: I wanted Kempe that draft.

KikoHunter: They just let Kempe glide around with the puck at the end there like he's not even in the o-zone lol. Just watching him slowly set up his own rush, good job!

Toffoli4Rocket: LOL at Kempe wheeling the zone like its NHL 03 easy mode on PS2.

BigBoyNoise87: Kempe needs to start claiming the Montreal Canadiens on his taxes.

Monsieur Miz: Anderson should look at Kempe's goal.

That's how you use your speed f***.

vHAB: Entertaining game at least. Beauty goals by Evans and Kempe

MarkovsKnee: Kings are 12th in NHL, and are actually tied with Toronto & Anaheim :)eek:) for 10th OA.

They're a good team this year. A ton of speed at forward. They need to improve D.

Catanddogguitarrr: I would like to have a team like that to watch. That's kind of offensive hockey to watch. Having said that and they have Danault, a bit contradictory, lol. Kings must have some genious to draft the good players.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
What They're Saying: The Juice Is Loose In Montreal Tonight Edition

Catanddogguitarrr:
I would like to have a team like that to watch. That's kind of offensive hockey to watch. Having said that and they have Danault, a bit contradictory, lol. Kings must have some genious to draft the good players.

:laugh:!!! Thank you for the praise but I'm pretty sure this dude haven't watched any Kings games from the past few years. Don't let the six game win streak fool you they can turn it around at any moment.

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
:laugh:!!! Thank you for the praise but I'm pretty sure this dude haven't watched any Kings games from the past few years. Don't let the six game win streak fool you they can turn it around at any moment.
I have been watching since 92. You guys don’t know shit

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"They just let Kempe glide around with the puck at the end there like he's not even in the o-zone lol. Just watching him slowly set up his own rush, good job!"

That one made me laugh :laugh: like the McDavid play the other night, that's an NBA iso play :laugh: Kempe just called out his guy and went at him

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
TM should be called out by Bluc and even the 5 or 6 analyst exec Summer hires too, for putting 23 out in OT.
I could not believe 23 went on the ice in OT. WTF? I wondered if he jumped on the ice on his own, or if TM actually put him on and was wanting to lose. Atrocious ECHL level giveaway by 23 and was so close to costing the game. I almost wish it would have....as 23 will get away with that and probably be put out there again, 3 on 3. Why put the slowest player on the ice, 3 on 3? One who cannot defend against 3 fast players? Kupari should have gone on. Wicked speed. Wicked skill. Great shot, great hands...and top notch, defensively. 17 light years ahead of 23. Or more.
Kaliyev is wasted on line 4 and makes no sense. It would be better to play him, or send him to the Reign. Bring up JAD and sit Lizotte. JAD and Andersson in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad