GWT: 2021-22 PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
They're never called against.

Interfering with the GK is definitely regularly called. They let it go between defenders/attackers usually.

Not that it's an excuse for the pathetic defending by us, but he literally had his arm wrapped around Leno's back/left arm.

Reactions: luiginb

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's only one game so we can't judge how the season will go, but it would also hardly be the first player Arsenal has bought only to completely misuse.
Yeah, that was my one hesitancy with the signing from Whtie's end. He often played on the right side of a back 3 with Webster and Dunk alongside him, or in a back 4 with Burn as an LB that would often come more central in defense.

A back 4 with Gabriel and Chambers on either side of him is.....unideal.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You mean he's not supposed to look like prime Sol Campbell playing between Chambers and Mari?
Haha yeah exactly.

At the end of the day, it's game 1 for White. I think he will prove to be a really good signing over time.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
But he wasn’t necessary when we had Saliba just begging for a shot, who’s as good, if not better.

So we would have played Saliba with Mari and Chambers, and then you guys would have said he was trash after 60min?

Edit: And this isn't me saying that we shouldn't have kept Saliba for the season. We needed him AND a signing.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad