GWT: 2021-22 PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note I don’t think they’re going to get relegated. They’re too good. But they’re not in for top 4 at all. Not even close. A lot of what they have is also crap.

As for the manager, being Peps right hand man did make him desirable. Other clubs would have given him a shot if he didn’t get it there

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Note I don’t think they’re going to get relegated. They’re too good. But they’re not in for top 4 at all. Not even close. A lot of what they have is also crap.

As for the manager, being Peps right hand man did make him desirable. Other clubs would have given him a shot if he didn’t get it there
Everton would have absolutely.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He’s horrendous. Flopped so so hard at PSG too. Lost the league to Monaco, and had Mbappe score 13 goals in a league season.
upload_2021-8-13_17-16-20.png

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who is paying for some of those top earners? They’d have to pay to make them go. We have also gone round and round on some of the players you think would come in. If there’s a better situation, they aren’t going to Arsenal. Heck, staying out and avoiding that dumpster fire might be better
Some of them have had interest. Xhaka could be in Rome now, for example. But yes, it would require an investment, too

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not one to come quick to judgment but this Arteta thing is definitely not quick to judgment. He has the same dead man walking stench that Rodgers had in his last season with us. There is no way it ends well. Admittedly I do hate Arteta though. Guy is a prick. I feel bad for their fans but I am very glad he will fail.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm not one to come quick to judgment but this Arteta thing is definitely not quick to judgment. He has the same dead man walking stench that Rodgers had in his last season with us. There is no way it ends well. Admittedly I do hate Arteta though. Guy is a prick. I feel bad for their fans but I am very glad he will fail.

Did Rodgers lose the dressing room during that time?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Did Rodgers lose the dressing room during that time?

Yep and he also accused the players of not wanting to play for him. And then they kept him through the whole summer and gave him another chance and he bombed. I believe he also claimed that every dressing room has the problems they were having.

Everyone knew he should be sacked but nobody at the club wanted to listen. In the end it worked out well anyway because Klopp wouldn't have taken the job in the summer.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So he’s not done anything impressive. Won the Europa League, a less significant trophy than a domestic cup, and won the Ligue 1 title at PSG once (losing out on it the other year he was there). That is not an impressive CV.

What significant things has Arsenal won in a non-domestic competition?

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So he’s not done anything impressive. Won the Europa League, a less significant trophy than a domestic cup, and won the Ligue 1 title at PSG once (losing out on it the other year he was there). That is not an impressive CV.
upload_2021-8-13_17-44-50.png

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad