Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's almost as if you would learn from it and stop acquiring injury-prone goaltenders, or worse, extending them(Francouz).

That's the most maddening part. I couldn't believe it when I heard Francouz say in that Czech interview he'd been dealing with that same hip/knee issue since he was a teenager or something.

Was Joe not aware of this somehow? Is he somehow still not aware of it because that Czech interview didn't get on his radar?

For Joe to never acquire a legit #3 every year, especially this year, and then replace Grubauer with an even more injury prone goaltender in Kuemper just boggles my mind.

I literally don't understand why they'd build a potential juggernaut and let goaltending be such an area of vulnerability every season.

Reactions: The Moops

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Time for Joe to put his balls on the table and get one of Dallas' goalies, Washington's goalies or if Rask comes back, Boston's goalies.

No excuse now. No more waiting for Frankie to never return.

Watch now Annunen puts together a solid string of games and Joe does nothing :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Time for Joe to put his balls on the table and get one of Dallas' goalies, Washington's goalies or if Rask comes back, Boston's goalies.

No excuse now. No more waiting for Frankie to never return.

Watch now Annunen puts together a solid string of games and Joe does nothing :laugh:

I mean, I’m not opposed but remember a lot of the guys you’re mentioning are just as if not more injury prone than the netminders the Avs already have.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
This goalie-situation was another disaster in the making. I still can´t believe we gave up 1st and Timmins because Joe waited far too long on Grubauer to make his decision.

And here we are... I mean, a f***ing morning skate? Really? And now all hope rests on Annunnen to be the "man"...... Great, just great.

Reactions: The Moops

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
It's almost as if you would learn from it and stop acquiring injury-prone goaltenders, or worse, extending them(Francouz).

The only explanation I can figure out is that this comes all the way from Kroenke. Michael Porter Jr. got like 150 million and every single person knowing anything about Nuggets knew - not guessed, but specifically knew - that his back is going to be a massive problem.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Trades for an injury prone goalie

Goalie gets hurt

Sakic:

upload_2021-12-2_7-44-8.jpeg

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
It can't be as hard as we make it seem to find a goalie. We should never have let Varlamov go.

It was the right move at the time though. Varly was bad in his last year with the Avs and got injured often. Of course, throughout his Isles stint so far, he's been healthy. We are just forever cursed with goalie injuries

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
It was the right move at the time though. Varly was bad in his last year with the Avs and got injured often. Of course, throughout his Isles stint so far, he's been healthy. We are just forever cursed with goalie injuries

He had the same surgery as Luongo and a few others to correct that problem. Grubauer was never the right choice

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
He had the same surgery as Luongo and a few others to correct that problem. Grubauer was never the right choice

Uh yeah, sure. He only stole the #1 job from Varly with his great play near the end of the season + playoffs, not to mention being younger and cheaper.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Uh yeah, sure. He only stole the #1 job from Varly with his great play near the end of the season + playoffs, not to mention being younger and cheaper.

Well by Luongo's account it took 2 full years to recover from that surgery and Varly was on year one. Gruabauer had that little run but was putrid the first part of that season and was outplayed by every opposing goalie in every playoffs series he was in ...ever..

Grubauer isn't a whole lot younger and is no longer cheaper. Varly could be here at 5 mil per.

When Martin Jones outplays you in a playoff series you should know to walk away

Reactions: The Merchant

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Well by Luongo's account it took 2 full years to recover from that surgery and Varly was on year one. Gruabauer had that little run but was putrid the first part of that season and was outplayed by every opposing goalie in every playoffs series he was in ...ever..

Grubauer isn't a whole lot younger and is no longer cheaper. Varly could be here at 5 mil per.

When Martin Jones outplays you in a playoff series you should know to walk away

Before Grubs hot run, Varly (that year) was just as putrid. There was no reason to bring him back. At least Grubauer picked it up eventually.

Also, Martin Jones did not outplay Grubauer lol. The Sharks outplayed the Avs. I don't think they even had 30 shots on net in a single game in that series.

Don't even get me wrong, I love Varly a helluva lot more than Grubauer but come on now

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Before Grubs hot run, Varly (that year) was just as putrid. There was no reason to bring him back. At least Grubauer picked it up eventually.

Also, Martin Jones did not outplay Grubauer lol. The Sharks outplayed the Avs. I don't think they even had 30 shots on net in a single game in that series.

Don't even get me wrong, I love Varly a helluva lot more than Grubauer but come on now

Grubauer let in weak goals at crucial times in that series. Jones came up with the big saves when needed. Gruabauer has been outplayed by every goalie in every series. Even in his time with the Caps albeit short lived lost the starting job after 2 horrible games. He really isn't that good and to top it off blew the last 2 games against Vegas and continually blames everyone but himself. He'll be bought out in Seattle, he is a backup and always was and will be. He grabbed the money cause he himself knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad