Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah I think it’s him, not someone close to him, based on how he’s been playing. Not himself at all since coming back

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Would not surprise me that concussions alter mental state. He could be struggling w/ confidence and/or anxiety that is compromising his play and some time away and medical help may get him to a better place, fingers crossed.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Would not surprise me that concussions alter mental state. He could be struggling w/ confidence and/or anxiety that is compromising his play and some time away and medical help may get him to a better place, fingers crossed.

That's the scary thing. I really really really hope its not concussion related and that something else in his life is going on.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I hope he can manage to comeback next year or at some point. Sad to see the kid having these kinds of symptoms from a dirty hit. Freaking Kolesar didn't even get a call freaking hell.

Reactions: AvsWraith

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Agreed. He’s gonna be gone a while…

Hope the best for Bo. Hockey isn’t more important than your mental health.

Reactions: bsu

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
That's very very worrying. And this shit could happen to anyone as long as head hits remain.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come back again this season. Hope he is able to find the right solution to help him.
I would be extremely surprised if that were the case. Post concussion symptoms are touch and go. They go away and come back. He's an absolute gamer and wants to be playing.

So many people are ready to write this kids career off, when they don't even understand the issues he's dealing with.

Recovering from a concussion isn't a linear thing. It's not like a broken arm where you can estimate how long it will take to heal, and then actually see whether the bone has healed or not. Brain injuries can dissappear and then flare up again.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
First time I've said or even considered it, but just take the f***ing season off. At this rate he may never get past these damn things.

So disappointing and frustrating for everyone involved. I'm starting to mentally add Byram to shelf that holds Hishon, Timmins, and Mueller. But given how high Byram was selected and how fantastic he was when healthy this one is going to hurt like a bitch.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Welp that sucks. Hope for the best for Byram but it's tough to envision him getting past this right now. I hope he takes all the time he needs and then some.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Get well soon kid. We love ya and will continue to root for you no matter if you're on or off the ice. Your health is and should be your main priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad