Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I think odds on Byram having an extended and productive NHL career at this point are fairly low, unfortunately. Feel bad for the kid, he’s really an elite talent and deserves better. But 3 concussions and a more symptomatic bout of COVID in a 12 month span is a lot to overcome.

Reactions: missionAvs

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see Dater reaching out to his family when he's away from "personal reasons". What a tool.

I mean the guy got the answer the fans were looking for and the family was clearly ok answering the questions. They could have just reiterated personal reasons if they didn’t want people to know. I don’t think highly of dater but it’s kind of having it both ways to bash him for both getting and not getting scoops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean I know they are reporters and one could say this is their job, but surely there are alternate sources you could go to instead of the family when we are literally talking about personal reasons?

One thing is for sure, Girard isn't going anywhere now (I don't think he was ever in the block anyway). Give Byram all the time and support he needs. Frankly, it sounds like he might have an issue in just every day life with those symptoms, hockey should be pretty far away in the priority list now.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean the guy got the answer the fans were looking for and the family was clearly ok answering the questions. They could have just reiterated personal reasons if they didn’t want people to know. I don’t think highly of dater but it’s kind of having it both ways to bash him for both getting and not getting scoops
Yeah sure. That's how journalism works. Someone is going to do the dirty work.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well until this f***ing league decides to actually give a shit about its players and enforces heavy penalties on head injuries careers will continue to be cut short. The fact that this was all preventable makes it all the more infuriating. I just feel so awful for Bo, man. Work you entire life to get to this point only to be forced to question your entire future because a couple of dipshit nobodies decide to take a run at a high profile rookie. He has so much potential...it would just be so heartbreaking to be robbed of him seeing it through.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
It is a pity that someone can have their career so severely altered because of a POS like Kolesar and VGK being Bettman's pet.
Let alone their well-being overall. Say the kid can't ever come back from this and has to hang it up.
You have a very young kid who has his livelihood taken away and his health (possibly long-term) from one worthless player playing for a team who promotes this. Or at least did last season.

Look at Steve Moore. Granted he had nowhere near the trajectory and wasn't young, IIRC.

I dunno, it makes me wish evil things for Kolesar when I don't sit and think about it rationally.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Man, what a shame. All the best to Bo. Shut him down as long as needed. Get healthy Kid. Thats the most important thing.

Oh, and i really hope McDermid beats the shit out of this f***er Kolesar...

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Bowen is only 20 and his brain is still developing. At this point he needs to take time off and just be a normal 20 year old.

The mixture of brain injury, covid, and a stressful job has led him to this point. The travel seems to be affecting his symptoms. Arriving in Nashville at 3am after playing a full game the night before is taxing on anyone, let alone someone who is dealing with his symptoms.

Get better Bo, we love you.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Here are some positive vibes to offset some of the pessimistic ones :

Crosby had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.
Bergeron had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.
Player X had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.

Bo Byram has significant concussion issues right now and will overcome them.

Wish you the best Bo!

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Here are some positive vibes to offset some of the pessimistic ones :

Crosby had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.
Bergeron had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.
Player X had significant concussion issues a few years ago and overcame them.

Bo Byram has significant concussion issues right now and will overcome them.

Wish you the best Bo!

For every Crosby/Bergeron, there are many more that didn’t come back. And even more terrifying, are those that came back when they shouldn’t have and are now paying for it for the rest of their lives.

Byram shouldn’t touch the ice again this year. He has so much more life to live and he doesn’t need hockey for it to be fulfilling.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looks like it's not just Dater calling to investigate personal issues.

Don't know why they're even calling it a personal issue. Byram is injured from a hit he received in an NHL game. It's an upper body injury, not a personal issue...

It’s is a personal issue though. It isn’t an injury. He doesn’t have a concussion. He’s completely cleared to play hockey.

Everybody saying “shut him down” don’t seem to understand this isn’t an injury. It’s not about needing a specific time off from hockey to recover. It’s about Bo doing whatever he needs to do to be Bo again and unfortunately nobody will ever know how long that will take.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Sounds almost like a Calvin Ridley situation with regards to the concussion. I tend to agree with those opinions who think our medical staff have deemed him healthy to play but something "personal" or mental is holding Bowen back from playing.

I wish him the best, I hope he is able to overcome this however long it'll take.

Last edited:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I think odds on Byram having an extended and productive NHL career at this point are fairly low, unfortunately. Feel bad for the kid, he’s really an elite talent and deserves better. But 3 concussions and a more symptomatic bout of COVID in a 12 month span is a lot to overcome.

Crosby missed almost the whole season too when he just started playing. He too had multiple of concussions but is still playing in NHL.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
This blows. I feel bad for Byram. Concussions are just impossible to figure out. I remember when Deadmarsh had to retire from coaching even because the lights in the arena gave him problems.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This blows. I feel bad for Byram. Concussions are just impossible to figure out. I remember when Deadmarsh had to retire from coaching even because the lights in the arena gave him problems.
Started with the Jovo fight. Deader still had some productive years in LA. God I hated losing him but it was for the cup and ultimately getting Blake that season put us over.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad