Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
If there is someone available in later rounds that our scouts really like, then take him/them. Otherwise sign a FA or trade for a goalie if needed.

Reactions: majormajor

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I swear he missed and entire season a couple of years ago with something that I thought was a hip issue. This is concerning if I am right.

Pulled mid game with what they thought was just a precaution. He's been out for weeks with no mention or notice and now they go the surgical route. This isn't something to take lightly.

I just looked at his thread on the prospect board and he had a growth on his leg his draft year

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I just checked San Jose's drafts in the first decade of the 2000s and they selected 12 goalies, including 4 in one draft. They would have won the cup if they just had a prime Tugnutt or Roloson (i.e. great journeyman goalie)! Of their drafted goalies, only Thomas Greiss really turned out, and he didn't become a starter until age 30, as usual for another team.

Edmonton just drafted a goalie 6 years in a row. Stuart Skinner might eventually become pretty good but none of the others look good.

“Edmonton ‘just’ drafted a goalie 6 years in a row” … huh? Edmonton hasn’t drafted a goalie in 2 years now. the last time they drafted a goalie was 15 draft picks ago. but yes, prior to that they had multiple years in a row of drafting a goalie.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I just checked San Jose's drafts in the first decade of the 2000s and they selected 12 goalies, including 4 in one draft. They would have won the cup if they just had a prime Tugnutt or Roloson (i.e. great journeyman goalie)! Of their drafted goalies, only Thomas Greiss really turned out, and he didn't become a starter until age 30, as usual for another team.

Edmonton just drafted a goalie 6 years in a row. Stuart Skinner might eventually become pretty good but none of the others look good.

Just because they missed doesn’t mean there wasn’t good options there. Plus, Edmonton isn’t exactly known to be a great talent developer

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Bemstrom has to be so confused at this point. Probably wandering around Akron, going house to house asking "Are you my hockey team?"

Reactions: CBJ goalie

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Injuries are part of the game, but still......this sucks.

If we can take any solace, remember a 2-3 years ago when it seemed every game they seemed to lose someone to injury....but next man up, and they stayed competitive and won games still.

Stay positive.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Honestly I wish they just left him in Cleveland and took TFW or Foudy

If we still own his rights and he comes back to North America next year, I will be genuinely surprised. I think he's likely to be traded in the off season for another "change of scenery" player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can you cite examples of who will be available in free agency? Holtby or Samsonov? No thanks.

Last summer Nedeljkovic came off a Calder nom and was traded for a 3rd rounder - a much better investment than drafting a goalie in the 3rd. That tells you a lot about the goalie market.

I wouldn't target Holtby personally but he costs less than and has better numbers than both of our goalies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So our C are:
- Jack Roslovic
- Sean Kuraly
- Cole Sillinger
- Brendan Gaunce
I don't count Max Domi because he's a winger for Lars.
if without all...
I think we’re about to see a steady diet of Sean Kuraly playing higher and more minutes than he should be.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
And unfortunately Danforth is also injured. He's been an effective center throughout his career and that could have helped. I suspect you will see a player like Dunne or maybe even Justin Scott get a call up. Scott has played very well and that would be a nice reward, although certainly unlikely to tip the needle in the CBJ win column. Goes to show why you continue to add depth so players can develop over time and fill in when things like this happen. Not a lot of options for CBJ and this truly all hurts the PP as well. Could be a rough few weeks...even with the heart they have shown all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad