Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
And unfortunately Danforth is also injured. He's been an effective center throughout his career and that could have helped. I suspect you will see a player like Dunne or maybe even Justin Scott get a call up. Scott has played very well and that would be a nice reward, although certainly unlikely to tip the needle in the CBJ win column. Goes to show why you continue to add depth so players can develop over time and fill in when things like this happen. Not a lot of options for CBJ and this truly all hurts the PP as well. Could be a rough few weeks...even with the heart they have shown all year.
Not sure where Dunne is. Hasn't played here since January 15.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I just hope Jenner, Voracek & Laine are not rushed back too early. There is no need since the playoff spot is pretty much gone anyway.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Sucks that Jenner and Voracek are out but it does give time to younger guys. Also earns Roslovic the chance to prove if he can be a defensive center against Eichel. ;):popcorn::bee:

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
At 1:12 of overtime, Jackets winger Patrik Laine made a cut to the middle off the rush and collided knees with Wild defenseman Jonas Brodin. Laine skated to the bench putting no weight on his left leg and went straight to the dressing room.

Then, in the glow of a winning postgame dressing room, captain Boone Jenner told coach Brad Larsen that his lingering back injury — one he’d been playing through for several weeks — had reached the point where he could no longer play.
“Boone has been playing with this injury for a bit now, and Boone doesn’t say much,” Larsen said. “It’s been weeks, really, but it got to the point last game where it was almost demobilizing for him, and he was crushed.

“We talked after (Friday’s) game and he was a crushed soul, which is really hard. He wants to play so bad. He wants to lead this team. Unfortunately, sometimes injuries pull you out of the lineup, and that’s where he’s at.”

To me this is concerning. As Portzline notes, this is Jenner's third bout with a back injury (although it has been a while) and was playing through it for an amount of time.

For me, with the season likely going the opposite way, we should shut down Boone until he is 100%. No need to play him in any games right now. Backs are nothing to mess with.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

To me this is concerning. As Portzline notes, this is Jenner's third bout with a back injury (although it has been a while) and was playing through it for an amount of time.

For me, with the season likely going the opposite way, we should shut down Boone until he is 100%. No need to play him in any games right now. Backs are nothing to mess with.
Backs = the Wu Tang Clan of injuries. They ain't nothin' to f*ck with.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just hope he knows what he is doing. I know he wants to play, but hopefully that's also wise thing to do.
All indications are that he looked fine in morning skate. I'm surprised he's able to go after I saw him limp off on Friday but i'll trust that his knee got a good checkout from doctors. if it was something significant in x-rays and MRI's etc. I'm sure there is no way they'd let him play.

Reactions: Halberdier and VT

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Obviously we're not going to make the playoffs. It makes good sense to get these young guys in and see what they can do but we can't have teams taking runs at us with no chance for retaliation. Last night when Jake got his knee taken out, Jenner just put his hands up and yelled at the referee instead of going and pounding the snot out of foligno. Why don't we go get a guy like Cody McLeod to protect our guys for the next 25 games instead of having the young kids out there skating around constantly looking over their shoulder knowing that if they get smashed there's going to be zero retaliation. Yes I get that he's going to be taking the spot a guy that could be developing, but I'd rather have someone playing that other teams at least fear a little bit and that will help our guys play more freely.

Reactions: VT

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Obviously we're not going to make the playoffs. It makes good sense to get these young guys in and see what they can do but we can't have teams taking runs at us with no chance for retaliation. Last night when Jake got his knee taken out, Jenner just put his hands up and yelled at the referee instead of going and pounding the snot out of foligno. Why don't we go get a guy like Cody McLeod to protect our guys for the next 25 games instead of having the young kids out there skating around constantly looking over their shoulder knowing that if they get smashed there's going to be zero retaliation. Yes I get that he's going to be taking the spot a guy that could be developing, but I'd rather have someone playing that other teams at least fear a little bit and that will help our guys play more freely.
I'll take a shot in the dark and say Jenner's back was so bad he wasn't about to fight anybody. Additionally, it was so late in the game where they were trying to come back and ultimately did win. There is something to be said about keeping their composure long enough to come back for the win.

I do hate our lack of physical play however. Our toughest guy is Max Domi and he only shows up on rare occasions with the grit he has shown in the past. He'll be gone in a couple of weeks. This team has essentially turned Peeke into a tough guy and I don't think that is his ideal strength but I love his willingness. The latest Athletic article mentions the CBJ signing Brett Gallant to an NHL deal as a possibility to bring some of that Cleveland sandpaper up to the NHL. Clearly not a long term move if they do but possibly an appreciation move for his years of service to the organization.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jenner isn't going to beat the snot out of Marcus Foligno on Jenner's best night.

The last guy we had that might be able to beat Marcus Foligno was Nick Foligno.

I do agree I'd love to have someone who could fight with the big boys. I've been suggesting Kassian for a while.

That Minnesota game was hard to watch. It felt like we got straight up bullied.

Reactions: VT

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Jenner isn't going to beat the snot out of Marcus Foligno on Jenner's best night.

The last guy we had that might be able to beat Marcus Foligno was Nick Foligno.

I do agree I'd love to have someone who could fight with the big boys. I've been suggesting Kassian for a while.

That Minnesota game was hard to watch. It felt like we got straight up bullied.
Love the line about the last guy who might be able to beat Marcus Foligno was Nick Foligno. The amazing thing is I believe Nick would have indeed stepped up to his brother.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Out of curiosity anybody recall the last time jenner was in a fight. I remember lots of snarling but can't remember a fight.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
This might have something to do with his play of late
we have most likely seen the last of Korpi in Union Blue
thanks for all you have done, get well and heal quickly and best to you now and in the future

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
How to tank without trying to tank - put your top 3 goalies on IR.

Are there any good college free agent goalies? And halfway decent Finns or others leaving the KHL? Are we going to see Jet Greaves or Cam Johnson? Greaves has decent numbers in Cleveland plus a cool nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad