Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Didn't he have an injury that kept him out of playing his entire draft year?

He's got awhile yet before he hits Glasscal Leclaire territory but his early injury issues are troubling.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
One foot forward and five steps back. This has not been a good year for Bemstrom.

I am giving up worrying about him. I'm not giving up on him, per se, but he's not a guy on whom I'm going to spend a lot of mental energy as a fan. If he works out, great. But if he does, it's a bonus at this point. It'll be unfortunate if he got fewer chances because of circumstances beyond his control, but as a fourth-round pick, he's not a guy the likes of which you can't afford to miss.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
16 points in 118 NHL games

forgive me for having very low expectations

I had the same expectations, but not too bad so far with a couple of important breakaway goals:

Screenshot_20220223_205551.jpg

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Information just came in. Elvis was back on the ice with the team practising, and columbus will carry three goaltenders gooing into the back to back games. He might be back for the friday game. Wich is real good for the team.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Concerning injury for Tarasov. Never want a goalie with knee and/or hip issues.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I swear he missed and entire season a couple of years ago with something that I thought was a hip issue. This is concerning if I am right.

Pulled mid game with what they thought was just a precaution. He's been out for weeks with no mention or notice and now they go the surgical route. This isn't something to take lightly.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
You want a goalie? Sign one. They're not hard to find.

A good one? yeah, its kinda hard to find. If it wasthat easy, Edmonton would have been at the top of the standings. Calgary was in a similar boat until they got markstrom

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A good one? yeah, its kinda hard to find. If it wasthat easy, Edmonton would have been at the top of the standings. Calgary was in a similar boat until they got markstrom

The list of goalies that are consistently great can nearly fit on one hand. Certainly if your scouts think they've spotted the next Vasilevskiy, then jump all over him. But don't take a goalie in a given draft just because you are supposed to. That's a waste of a draft pick.

Markstrom by the way didn't become an elite goalie until age 30 and is on his third team.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
The list of goalies that are consistently great can nearly fit on one hand. Certainly if your scouts think they've spotted the next Vasilevskiy, then jump all over him. But don't take a goalie in a given draft just because you are supposed to. That's a waste of a draft pick.

Markstrom by the way didn't become an elite goalie until age 30 and is on his third team.

Markstrom was very good in Vancouver. Goalies are largely products of the teams in front of them, that I can agree with. However, there is a difference between a good goalie and a great goalie. Again, I point to Edmonton. San Jose didn't win cups in the 2000's largely because of their goaltending.

I would draft a goalie every other season. Unless you really love a guy you can take one in back to back drafts. But having a bare goalie cupboard is bad, even with our young stable in the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Markstrom was very good in Vancouver. Goalies are largely products of the teams in front of them, that I can agree with. However, there is a difference between a good goalie and a great goalie. Again, I point to Edmonton. San Jose didn't win cups in the 2000's largely because of their goaltending.

I just checked San Jose's drafts in the first decade of the 2000s and they selected 12 goalies, including 4 in one draft. They would have won the cup if they just had a prime Tugnutt or Roloson (i.e. great journeyman goalie)! Of their drafted goalies, only Thomas Greiss really turned out, and he didn't become a starter until age 30, as usual for another team.

Edmonton just drafted a goalie 6 years in a row. Stuart Skinner might eventually become pretty good but none of the others look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad