WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Well, people didn't like him last year, and he has only gotten worse since, so it's to be expected. Would've much rather have seen somebody like Albert Johansson over him, who does everything Ginning does - but much better.
There is value in returning players, though. One year of development at this age can make a huge difference.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
There is value in returning players, though. One year of development at this age can make a huge difference.
I mean it's not like people haven't seen him play in Sweden. There's a reason he was demoted from SHL, and why he's struggling in Allsvenskan.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
I don't really see why you are being so upset...

The C doesn't have to go to the best player, obviously Montén likes Ginning, thus thinks he is the best person to get his message out to the rest of the players.

With the C or without it doesn't change a single thing.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I don't really see why you are being so upset...

The C doesn't have to go to the best player, obviously Montén likes Ginning, thus thinks he is the best person to get his message out to the rest of the players.

With the C or without it doesn't change a single thing.
It might mean that he gets more minutes than he deserves.

Who benches a C?

Reactions: dralaf

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
The thing is, he hasn't had a year of development, rather a year of regression.
Well then, that is indeed unfortunate. It does happen from time to time. I do know a lot about regressing Swedish hockey players. I get to watch Loui Erikkson on a nightly basis. He’s the Canucks highest paid player and a former 36 goal scorer. He has ONE POINT in 17 games.... at $6 million per year. :facepalm:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well then, that is indeed unfortunate. It does happen from time to time. I do know a lot about regressing Swedish hockey players. I get to watch Loui Erikkson on a nightly basis. He’s the Canucks highest paid player and a former 36 goal scorer. He has ONE POINT in 17 games.... at $6 million per year. :facepalm:

Swedish players are usually very late bloomers so his decline has been a bit surprising. After watching him every once in a while I can only imagine the pain you are in every other night.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
It might mean that he gets more minutes than he deserves.

Who benches a C?

Well according to you (by you I mean the people in the thread who complains about Ginning), he is getting too much ice-time just by being invited.

I doubt many would bench the C, but as I said, the C doesn't have to be the best player, nor does he have to play the most. J Lundqvist has been the captain of many Swedish teams, as a 4th line energy player. In fact a lot of the captains of the mens team has been energy players, rather than the superstars.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well according to you (by you I mean the people in the thread who complains about Ginning), he is getting too much ice-time just by being invited.

I doubt many would bench the C, but as I said, the C doesn't have to be the best player, nor does he have to play the most. J Lundqvist has been the captain of many Swedish teams, as a 4th line energy player. In fact a lot of the captains of the mens team has been energy players, rather than the superstars.
He was only a 4th liner on one team he has captained, 2017. Even then, didn't he play majority of the tournament on the 3rd line or am I remembering wrong?

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Sweden- czech rep 5-1

Not that the results in exhibition games mean anything.

Most important thing is to avoid injuries.

Reactions: Morinisbear

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
He was only a 4th liner on one team he has captained, 2017. Even then, didn't he play majority of the tournament on the 3rd line or am I remembering wrong?

My point was more that there doesn't need to be a correlation between ice time and a letter on the chest. It's more about personality.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Sweden- czech rep 5-1

Not that the results in exhibition games mean anything.

Most important thing is to avoid injuries.

Nope, but as i said in the other thread it is extremely important that the right players scores and they sure did. If Fagemo and Höglander scores a lot of goals this team can do very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad