2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
They will! Give it a week. It’ll be a miracle if those chumps win 3 games. I know a team of heart and destiny when I see one.

definitely see some similarities from the Blues last year to the Stars this year ... but im sure like you last year, i won’t believe it until it happens.

stars have left their fans with a lot of heartbreaks over the years.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Nothing the Stars do is sustainable. That's why they didn't make it out of the first round, much less to the conference semis, the conference finals, and then the Stanley Cup Finals.

Wait...

Maybe it's sustainable the rest of the way these playoffs, but I don't know if it's sustainable long-term beyond 2020.

Even if they win the Cup this year, it's not like they would be super duper likely to go back-to-back ala the Pens.

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
1 down, 3 to go...

Didnt get to watch the game tonight unfortunately but happy the boys got it done. Hanley and Dickinson with their first. The REAL big rig with one. Depth scoring got it done tonight.

LGS!

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
definitely see some similarities from the Blues last year to the Stars this year ... but im sure like you last year, i won’t believe it until it happens.

stars have left their fans with a lot of heartbreaks over the years.

haha buddy. You have no idea about heartbreak until you bring in Gretzky and it STILL doesn’t work.

What a nasty team. Seguin sucks? Screw it we just win anyway.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I expected us to lose game 1 but I thought Dallas was very good for the first 2 periods (and we were horrible).

If we lose game 2 this might get ugly for us quickly, massive game for Bolts

Reactions: Ginger Papa

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Its amazing we are this deep in the playoffs and people still don't understand the Dallas system and how Dallas wins games.

"OMG LOOK AT THE SHOT CLOCK WOW HOW ARE THEY WINNING!?"

Because people haven’t seen it yet. But as a fan of a team that rivals, I can say even if Tampa beats them they aren’t going anywhere. I’d trade anything south of MacKinnon or McDavid for Heiskanen.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Taking positives, the 2nd line was the best tonight which I think is the first time I say on playoffs.

Kuch was atrocious though, on Shattenkirk levels of atrocious

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So apparently unless he plays Colorado, Khudobin is simply not due for a bad game?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
As predicted Dallas got the first game win and Hedman lost the D-battle against Heiskanen handily. Tampa has to turn the corner quick, the question is do they have anything left in the tank.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
For those in the GDT who were ragging on Stamkos.

Stamkos played 57 regular season games. Rule is 41+ games OR one SCF game to qualify. If (and this is one HELL of an "if" right now) the Bolts win the big shiny thingy, Stammer would have his name on it automatically.

Stamkos had major core surgery in March, has been rehabbing since then and suffered some recent setbacks. Finally has been back on the ice and tossing some slappers but that's a long way from being in game shape.

Although, considering how absolutely putrid our PP has been...:crossfing

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Its amazing we are this deep in the playoffs and people still don't understand the Dallas system and how Dallas wins games.

"OMG LOOK AT THE SHOT CLOCK WOW HOW ARE THEY WINNING!?"

Indeed. Average shot quality vs Dallas is not that high, thanks to top notch defense.

Oleksiak and Heiskanen both had 3:20 PK time in this game and still they emerge with +2 both being also on a score sheet. Only Sekera had no points, while nobody of the D-corps got minus.

But, it was Khudobin's game tonight, but D-men makes it easy for him to shine.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So apparently unless he plays Colorado, Khudobin is simply not due for a bad game?

Avs had more shots in dangerous areas than Vegas or Tampa here in game 1. I don't think Dobby has been bad at all in any series. Avs just put in better pressure. Everytime the MacKinnon lone was on it was a guaranteed high danger chance almost.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Indeed. Average shot quality vs Dallas is not that high, thanks to top notch defense.

Oleksiak and Heiskanen both had 3:20 PK time in this game and still they emerge with +2 both being also on a score sheet. Only Sekera had no points, while nobody of the D-corps got minus.

But, it was Khubodin's game tonight, but D-men makes it easy for him to shine.
you don't get a minus for PK goals against

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lightning need to make life a lot more difficult for Khudobin. If the Stars are going to rope-a-dope then you can’t just accept what they give you. They aren’t good enough chances.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
As predicted Dallas got the first game win and Hedman lost the D-battle against Heiskanen handily. Tampa has to turn the corner quick, the question is do they have anything left in the tank.
Heiskanen was extremely pedestrian. He did well as far as getting to pucks and clearing them out, or tying up people along the boards, he did a solid. But he was maybe the 3rd best defenseman today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad