2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Let's talk about this style of hockey the Stars play. Sitting back and taking 20 - 2 shots on goal with the lead? How is that a thing? Not saying it didn't work this time, but is it realistic in the SCF to think that you will win 3 more games with this style? SOG 36-20 in favor of the Bolts. I get that the chances weren't great, but who really thinks "allowing" the Bolts to take that many shots is going to consistently lead to 1 fluky goal? Nah...

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Let's talk about this style of hockey the Stars play. Sitting back and taking 20 - 2 shots on goal with the lead? How is that a thing? Not saying it didn't work this time, but is it realistic in the SCF to think that you will win 3 more games with this style? SOG 36-20 in favor of the Bolts. I get that the chances weren't great, but who really thinks "allowing" the Bolts to take that many shots is going to consistently lead to 1 fluky goal? Nah...

Gotta wait and see I guess.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's like an updated improved version of the 2010 Habs (Better defensemen, not overly dependent on one guy to score goals) who sat back with a lead and got outshot, but didn't have a Heiskanen equivalent

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

It worked against Vegas pretty damn well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Its how they played with the lead for most of the season. If you want an exciting game with chance trading and all you can't let the Stars get a 2 goal lead. They'll turn the game into mush and pump their goalies stats

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Heiskanen was extremely pedestrian. He did well as far as getting to pucks and clearing them out, or tying up people along the boards, he did a solid. But he was maybe the 3rd best defenseman today...

Thought all Stars players were solid but nobody stood out to me. Complete effort.

Still, compare it with Tampa where Bogosian, Shattenkirk and Serge were not good... Makes a big difference

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
One thing is for sure. If Tampa loses this series they will (at least for now) take over the title of top team to miss their window in recent years from the 2010-2015 Rangers.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Heiskanen was extremely pedestrian. He did well as far as getting to pucks and clearing them out, or tying up people along the boards, he did a solid. But he was maybe the 3rd best defenseman today...
I wouldnt say extremely pedestrian but he wasent flying out there like either. He played solid outside of one or two misplays and killed many plays and created a few. Dallas as a whole played really good tho, id probably agree that he was third best in this one.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Keep in mind both teams are worn down after six weeks of playing practically every other night. The Stars were flying around in the second and playing aggressive, and it earned them a two goal lead. Taking the foot off of the gas to milk it in the 3rd worked out to win. It’s not ideal, but survival is a big part of the mentality.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I wouldnt say extremely pedestrian but he wasent flying out there like either. He played solid outside of one or two misplays and killed many plays and created a few. Dallas as a whole played really good tho, id probably agree that he was third best in this one.
Simply put, it wasn't some 1v1 battle between Hedman and Heiskanen where Heiskanen outshone him. Hedman ran up against a team and found himself only capable of being one player.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Simply put, it wasn't some 1v1 battle between Hedman and Heiskanen where Heiskanen outshone him. Hedman ran up against a team and found himself only capable of being one player.
Indeed it was not, they did have some great battles tho. Cant wait to see more of that.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I still don't get this. I know their #5-7 are not good but its still wierd.
I wouldn't say they're not good. I think they are pretty good. The problem is that Tampa has the best defenseman, but then Dallas has the next 3 best defensemen, and then maybe Tampa has the next 2 best defensemen but then Dallas has the best defenseman after that. And then Dallas also has Sekera.

Schenn, Bogosian, they did not play poorly at all in prior series, and the 7-11 was working very well. It's just that they've run into a better core in that dept.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Makes you wonder if one of the bottom guys is playing through an injury, so they’re going with seven in case he can’t go and needs a break.

It’s especially odd because their top 3 playing forwards are all injured.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm not gonna fault Tampa's effort level because it was fairly good considering the NHL gave them no real break.

I will however say that their gameplan of trying to repeatedly deflect the puck was idiotic, why use a low percentage play as one of your go to plays? You're better off just making a lateral pass along the blueline to move the goalie a bit and then one-timing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad