GDT: 2020 NHL Draft - Day 2 - October 7th - 11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Haven't looked at the entire draft yet but it seems like there are a few options to invite to camp, no? If there even is one, that is.

Duh, if NHL-level GMs and scouts don't identify you as a player worth drafting, then you have no future in hockey. Sheesh!

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
That was a very long drawn out draft.

I like the Andrae and McClennon picks but don’t really care for the Wisdom and Desnoyers picks.

Still kinda torn on the Foerster pick but if he can improve his skating he could turn out to be a good player.

All and all I’d have to say this has been one of the weaker Flyers drafts in awhile, thought Fletcher could have done more but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
fluffy-airy-chiffon-roll-cake-recipe-main-photo.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This is territory well outside my viewings but I'd like another look at Cardwell, Pillar, and Garfve at least, and for extra fun Biakabutuka.

@FLYguy3911, you had multiple guys in your top 100 go undrafted, right (that's not a shot :D)? Just seems like so much meat left on the bone.
Yup. 12 guys + 101 + 102.

Only two guys inside my top 80 went undrafted though - Jacob Dion and Ethan Cardwell.

I figured Dion might be in trouble at his size and with Central Scouting dropping him all the way down the rankings on their final list. I'm shocked Cardwell didn't get picked. He was a bet on the future, but it's still surprising. He seems to have a lot of qualities of a breakout player so we'll see if it happens next season if they play.

The others weren't too shocking. They were 6/7 round types. Robert Calisti was ranked fairly high for a re-entry so I thought he would get picked. He's a really fun player to watch.

Rossi's legs are f***ing insane.

EDIT: @deadhead see if you can find a video of Marco Rossi's quads. You will literally shit yourself.
What did you expect? He's Austrian.

upload_2020-10-7_23-22-57.png

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Another thought I've had, how does this draft compare to those Fletcher had as GM of the Wild?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad