GDT: 2020 NHL Draft - Day 2 - October 7th - 11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Looking at forwards only who had at least "somewhat" of an NHL impact and, going back to 2010 because I really don't care enough to look past the last 10 or so years.

2010: Nobody
2011: Couturier, Cousins
2012: Laughton
2013: Nobody
2014: Lindblom, NAK
2015: Konecny, "potentially" Kase - unlikely Vorobyev

Currently I'd say unknowns with potential are Rubstov, Laczynski, Allison, Bunn, perhaps Rat and Cates. Brink/Frost/Farabee in skilled category of that group.

I'm just not sure where the hype for the Flyers scouts comes from I suppose. Maybe some of the kids mentioned above prove me wrong but I'm not super impressed. Meh, maybe just me.
It is an interesting time with the Flyers that they can recognize better talent in defensemen and goaltenders than they can with forwards. It’s like the bizarro Clarke years. But it almost seems rare league-wide for a scouting department to be great all around. Nashville has long struck out at forward but has done well with defense. Tampa does great with forwards but it’s awful when it comes to defensemen.

I think the Flyers have built good depth with forwards. There might not be the superstars in there but depth is a great asset a savvy GM could use.

Reactions: Rebels57

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

upload_2020-10-7_18-48-3.png

upload_2020-10-7_18-48-18.png

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It is an interesting time with the Flyers that they can recognize better talent in defensemen and goaltenders than they can with forwards. It’s like the bizarro Clarke years. But it almost seems rare league-wide for a scouting department to be great all around. Nashville has long struck out at forward but has done well with defense. Tampa does great with forwards but it’s awful when it comes to defensemen.

I think the Flyers have built good depth with forwards. There might not be the superstars in there but depth is a great asset a savvy GM could use.

If Frost really hits and Patrick gets some form of health back to even be a 3C I’ll feel a lot better.

Im not just as enthused by that scouting department as anything that’s beyond average. Maybe if I care enough one time I’ll check out how many picks for other clubs tend to really hit on average when they pick past #15. Don’t think I have the drive but who knows.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don't know if this is a lie or if their evaluation tactics are f***ed.

I've been wondering...

But what if they hit on a majority of these picks. Would it be luck, or would some have to reassess their approach to evaluating prospects?

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've been wondering...

But what if they hit on a majority of these picks. Would it be luck, or would some have to reassess their approach to evaluating prospects?
Based on their NHL player evaluation, I'm heavily leaning towards luck. :laugh:

Or it could be that it really was the scouts doing the work and those two clowns weren't even really involved.

Reactions: wankstifier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad