GDT: 2020 ALDS: (2) Oakland Athletics vs (6) Houston Astros - HOU wins 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OAK vs HOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Without Paredes and Pressley the Astros bullpen is bad. The A's have the big advantage there and it showed today.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Without Paredes and Pressley the Astros bullpen is bad. The A's have the big advantage there and it showed today.
And even Pressly sometimes looks shaky this season. Scrubb hasn't been bad but has gotten lucky from what I here. Allows lots of base runners but gets away with it. Not sure if I would want him pitching 2 innings. Not sure why Click didn't get a relief pitcher at the deadline.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
He very well could, or they go to Bassitt on 4 days and have the bullpen ready.
I was thinking that would be best case imo. Maybe even have Fiers coming out of the bullpen.

Also I was wrong. Maybe no Javier tomorrow. Greinke might be available. I wonder if they're willing to do a Grienke Javier tandem but that would be screwing them in game 5 if there is one. It might mean McCullers again and he's unpredictable and usually can't go deep which means going to the shaky bullpen.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with how f*cking stupid melvin has been with handling pitching this series, i wouldn't put it past him to start fiers in game 5 if the A's win tomorrow

that would be an absolute disaster. not only is he prone to giving up HRs, but they'd be 100x more motivated to win since he's the one who exposed their cheating operation

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
right elbow contusion for la stella

i'd be surprised if he's able to play tomorrow. f*ck

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
with how f*cking stupid melvin has been with handling pitching this series, i wouldn't put it past him to start fiers in game 5 if the A's win tomorrow

that would be an absolute disaster. not only is he prone to giving up HRs, but they'd be 100x more motivated to win since he's the one who exposed their cheating operation

How would you handle the starting pitching situation? Fiers relief appearance? Start game 4?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How would you handle the starting pitching situation? Fiers relief appearance? Start game 4?
montas is starting game 4

i'd go with bassitt on short rest for game 5 and have minor ready to go if they get to him early

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was thinking that would be best case imo. Maybe even have Fiers coming out of the bullpen.

Also I was wrong. Maybe no Javier tomorrow. Greinke might be available. I wonder if they're willing to do a Grienke Javier tandem but that would be screwing them in game 5 if there is one. It might mean McCullers again and he's unpredictable and usually can't go deep which means going to the shaky bullpen.
Fiers is a flyball pitcher. That and the other stuff makes it better to just start someone like Bassitt.

Heard Greinke has had a sore arm. His velo has been down but I chalked that up to age. If they do have a tandem today and lose then that sets up very advantageously for the A's in game 5.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Montas starting. La Stella playing.

Semien
La Stella
Pinder
Davis
Olson
Canha
Laureano
Grossman
Murphy

Greinke going for Houston.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i hate that greinke plays for that trash franchise. he's such an easy guy to root for

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's need to make Greinke work and get to him early. I don't think he has a ton of pitches in that arm today. Get that bullpen in early and work them for a possible game tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad