2020/21 Roster Thread IV: A New Hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yup - that guy.

That's due to wanting to use his money elsewhere, not for him being bad. If we keep him, it's not the end of the world either. We just have that much depth now (thank you, Hexy).
JVR's contract is a burden for what he provides. That signing cannot be classified as a "good" move when the Flyers would be happy to have him taken in the expansion draft.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Put Sanheim up with Provorov. That’s the future first pair. Someone is going to have to play on their off side so let’s get that transition started and Sanheim looks more than capable of doing that. Pair Ghost with Myers and survive with whatever slop is on the 3 pair.
This is probably the best they can do with what they have and that should make for a reasonably good top 4 if they can play with good structure and support from the deep forward corps. It's not perfect but most teams have some compromises on the 3rd pair that they have to game plan around. With 4+ guys to work with they should be able to figure something out on the 3rd pair that doesn't hurt them too badly. Give Friedman and maybe Z a shot. If Gus cant play a lick of defense then maybe they cant afford him on the ice.

To be fair they haven't had much time to sort it out yet, and not having Gost available hurts them and kind of forces them to play Gus. Getting the first pair together is a good first step though and they did play better last game as a team. Hopefully Myers is OK and they can get the second pair stabilized next.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I can be a patient boy if it means I don’t need to watch Hagg/Braun/Gus anymore

tenor.gif

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
JVR's contract is a burden for what he provides. That signing cannot be classified as a "good" move when the Flyers would be happy to have him taken in the expansion draft.

i know it's early, but if these top guys jvr, giroux, jake dont start scoring, we wont make the playoffs. tk is the only one showing up and that's scary.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Honka on waivers. He can’t possibly be worse than our trio of defensemen, right?

Has Honka been bad?

42 CF% in Liiga this year. Wasn't great last year either. Had solid numbers in the NHL but SSS in a limited role.

I'm all for taking shots but they won't even play Friedman who is probably of a similar ilk at this point.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't focus on 1st or 2nd pairs, focus on minutes played and who they're played with.
If Braun is with Provorov, but they rotate guys depending on situation, and he only plays 16 minutes a night, who cares what you call that pairing.
On the other hand, put Hagg - Braun together for 16 minutes a night on the 3rd pair, uggh.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The guys who go to the AHL are the ones with a future.

The guys who go to the taxi squad are either on the verge of the NHL (Frost, Bunnaman, Twarynski) or scrubs with NHL experience who can be given 8 minutes on the 4th line or 12 minutes on the 3rd pair for a game (Andreoff, Pouliot, Prosser).

I expect Morin to be sent to the AHL as soon as their season starts.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Feel free to use this post as a dislike button

I have never ever watched a minute of Pouliot playing hockey.

I mean, he is a former 1st round pick. He's gotta have at least SOME modicum of hockey ability, right?

Can he play the hockey?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have never ever watched a minute of Pouliot playing hockey.

I mean, he is a former 1st round pick. He's gotta have at least SOME modicum of hockey ability, right?

Can he play the hockey?

All these means is Friedman is in and someone from Taxi is going to roster , prob Morin

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Anything happen to farabee in last nights game? Hows he playing?
I have him in my keeper league so he is not long for this world. I have already lost, A Nylander, Robertson, Newhook and now Frost. The good news for you is I don't have any other Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad