Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I am still shaking my head at the decision to have the draft on weekdays. People want to watch and the show is a revenue source.
Why air it the in the middle of a workday"?

Oct 6th and 7th were the original dates agreed to by the league and the NHLPA when the CBA extension was signed. Although the dates were tentative, several other deadlines were set during the weekend of Oct 9th and 10th, including the following:
Oct 9th-Qualifying offers open for acceptance
Oct 9th-RFA/UFA signing period begins (Free Agent Frenzy)
Oct 10th-Deadline for Player Elected Salary Arbitration Notification
Oct 10th-Deadline for RFA Offer Sheets for Players for whom Clubs have elected Salary Arbitration pursuant to First Club-Elected Salary Arbitration

I'm not sure why the NHL draft dates were floated back by the league to Oct 9th and 10th then moved back to the original dates of Oct 6th and 7th, but not having to reschedule and delay every other deadline originally spelled out in the CBA may have something to do with it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Never stopped

These legs were made for working
Seattle's team's the Kraken
One of these days
these legs are gonna work all around Acton
I thought you invested in some sort of fruit company?

58821-color-logo-brand-apple-rainbow-free-hd-image.png

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Getting Sergachev is unrealistic, but I think the kings can take advantage of teams who are cash strapped and up against the cap looking to get rid of expensive, unproductive players.

Instead of signing Edmundson, I’d love to see Blake get Vince Dunn from StL. They need to resign Petro, and have Steen taking 5.75M off the cap for 1 more year.

Dunn is a monster. He’s a 23 yo LD, with a 12 goal season on the books. Pencil him into the lineup next to Doughty. He’s also an RFA, so he’s available.

Clague, 20 2nd round pick (Kings), one of Amadio, Luff, Wagner to StL
Dunn, Steen to Kings

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Token

May 15, 2019
Getting Sergachev is unrealistic, but I think the kings can take advantage of teams who are cash strapped and up against the cap looking to get rid of expensive, unproductive players.

Instead of signing Edmundson, I’d love to see Blake get Vince Dunn from StL. They need to resign Petro, and have Steen taking 5.75M off the cap for 1 more year.

Dunn is a monster. He’s a 23 yo LD, with a 12 goal season on the books. Pencil him into the lineup next to Doughty. He’s also an RFA, so he’s available.

Dunn, Steen to Kings
Taking Steen’s paper and Dunn for Clague alone is enough for that deal. I wouldn’t offer anything else.

Marleau trade set the price of a 1st round pick at $4.25M last season.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If you're curious about what effect the pandemic will have on teams internal caps and cap dumps, the Bjugstad trade thread is enlightening.

Really starts on page 5 at the tweet about 50% retention.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey guys, coming in peace. It looks like you guys are keyed in on adding a man but what do you envision the defense for the Kings looks like next year? Also, where does Mikey Anderson play?

Anderson is expected to be LD.

UFA - Doughty
Clague - Roy
Anderson - Walker

No. 7 rotate between MacDermid and Björnfot. Anderson and/or Clague will be rotated.

The right side is pretty set with Doughty, Walker, and Roy.

Reactions: lumbergh

Token

May 15, 2019
Hey guys, coming in peace. It looks like you guys are keyed in on adding a man but what do you envision the defense for the Kings looks like next year? Also, where does Mikey Anderson play?
Well ...

We got one guy pushing 1000 games played ...
We got one guy just played his 100th game
We got two more pushing 100 games
And a big bag of prospects with fewer than 10 games to their name, most actually only preseason games, to be honest.

It’s safe to say we gonna be fresh.

Unless Anderson shows up to camp overweight and out of shape, he has a spot on the opening roster, likely second pair with Roy.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

I don't see LA spending much money this offseason other than adding a cheap veteran LHD or having some young up and coming player fall into our lap on the cheap because of the cap crunch (i.e. Sergachev).

Mikey Anderson plays the #4 role as the LHD partner to Matt Roy. That will probably be his role for the future or having him slide down to the 5/6 role as more talent comes in. He'll definitely wear a letter (A or C) in the future and will be a mainstay on the defense for a long time. As it looks now...

UFA--Doughty
Anderson--Roy
Bjornfot/Clague--Walker
McDermid

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Anderson is expected to be LD.

UFA - Doughty
Clague - Roy
Anderson - Walker

No. 7 rotate between MacDermid and Björnfot. Anderson and/or Clague will be rotated.

The right side is pretty set with Doughty, Walker, and Roy.

That might be the softest and smallest D in the league - I know this isn’t ten years ago but I have believe MacD will be playing and or Kings bring in a UFA like Edmundson or Dunn.

Token

May 15, 2019
I'm really hoping one of our young kids explodes into stardom this season. Kings have not exactly piqued my interest over the last few years. We need some buzz.
I dunno, finally we get a couple guys in the lineup that fill the hole left by Voynov’s stupidity, and ya still want more? There’s just no pleasing you! ;)

Im actually quite pleased with the evolution of our 7th round picks and undrafted free agents.

Token

May 15, 2019
That might be the softest and smallest D in the league - I know this isn’t ten years ago but I have believe MacD will be playing and or Kings bring in a UFA like Edmundson or Dunn.
I went digging on the Blues board and the sentiment is they can’t get rid of Dunn fast enough.

Word in their fan base is if you take Steen with Dunn it’s for future considerations - I’m paraphrasing a bit there ...

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Dunn, Steen to Kings

Steen has a full NTC until Feb.

Reactions: DoktorJeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad