2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Still think if we're trading for anyone that Colin Miller should be the target.

He ticks all the boxes (other than physicality i guess) and has fallen out of favour in Vegas.

Then in FA target Nyqvist.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Nah, all his moves are gonna be amazing like acquiring Gudbranson, Bartkowski, Sutter, Prust, Eriksson, Sbisa, Beagle, Schaller, Clendenning, Dahlen, Vey, ...

I had to stop cause I’m running out of data listing all his amazing moves.

Don't forget all the draft picks Benning traded away on top to get those "assets".

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
what i cant understand is why teams dont give us their best players for washed up bums and shit draft picks

Reactions: Nomobo

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Picking the highest ranked, highest scoring, record breaking European player with a top 5 pick sure was a STROKE OF GENIUS!!!!

Only a master scout gm savant genius hybrid could have made that decision.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
what i cant understand is why teams dont give us their best players for washed up bums and **** draft picks

In year 5, I would hope that the GM has accumulated more than just washed up bums?

And more humorous commentary from PoM. Pettersson is now a “move”.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'm not disagreeing with you that pro scouting under his watch has been poor...I'm just stating a point that he will get ripped no matter what he does July 1st.

This can only be confirmed if he makes good moves. So it will likely remain just your pet theory.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Pearson Stecher Sutter Leivo Baertschi Roussel are bums?

No, they aren’t washed up bums, they range from marginally useful to decent depth pieces on a wildcard team.

The term damning with faint praise might apply here. There has been a lot of washed up bums though.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I didnt say you ripped the actual pick..selective memory indeed.

what does “pretty much right after the pick” imply then? And you have a pretty broad definition of “ripped” if that’s what you think I was doing. I “rip” Juolevi, I had concerns about Pettersson’s strength, weight, and skating in the NHL. All valid concerns that he managed to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad