Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Some reports saying that Skinner may re-sign with Buffalo for $9M x 8. That seems like a lot of money for a winger who has never hit over 65 points a season.

Worked for kane. But then again kane finally got a full season on a team that actually won games on a regular basis.

Losing every night has to be bad for confidence even if you are good.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Some reports saying that Skinner may re-sign with Buffalo for $9M x 8. That seems like a lot of money for a winger who has never hit over 65 points a season.
Total points may not be that high, but he just scored 40 goals on a meh team. That is going to get you paid.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Worked for kane. But then again kane finally got a full season on a team that actually won games on a regular basis.

Losing every night has to be bad for confidence even if you are good.

And he hit 61 points in the playoffs.... er, my mistake... that was PIMs.

So Kane has never hit 60 points or more in a regular season. He came close in his first year with the Jets, and here, but that's been it.

Clearly, Kane is not an assist, setup kind of a forward. He a goal scoring winger. He will never reach his potential until he lowers his league leading PIMs.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Hmm.. Part of why Kane remains effective is because of his physicality so I dont mind his PIM. Also, I still think we haven't seen the best of him. I think he's still adjusting to winning on a winning team, cuz when he came here he was dishing passes left and right and slowly went back to individual effort ( I dont mind on this team). I think he can top 60 points at some point.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I love the "hockey player" assertion. I know what it means in a figurative sense, it's just always fun to take literally. Like "really? I didn't know that. I thought he was a competitive jai alai player."
He would probably be more competent at that...

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I love the "hockey player" assertion. I know what it means in a figurative sense, it's just always fun to take literally. Like "really? I didn't know that. I thought he was a competitive jai alai player."
It usually is used to describe someone that has no quantifiable skill or abilities, but is still a veteran in the NHL and is just all intangibles. Aside from that though, I am kind of upset Dallas re-signed him as that was a solid landing spot for Braun via trade in my mind.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
We need to keep bringing in more youth. Marleau's ship has sailed for me. Easy pass.

Only scenario I take on Marleau is if EK walks, we can't sign any top UFA's AND Toronto is throwing in a top prospect. They don't have first round picks this season so they can't throw us one of those. I guess I'd accept it if they threw us a 2020 first round pick and Marleau. If we aren't filling that cap space it would be worth it to bring him in for 1 last season and get a pick/top prospect in return. Or Kadri as others have mentioned.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It usually is used to describe someone that has no quantifiable skill or abilities, but is still a veteran in the NHL and is just all intangibles. Aside from that though, I am kind of upset Dallas re-signed him as that was a solid landing spot for Braun via trade in my mind.

Pretty sure Dallas is still in the market for someone like Braun. It would just push Polak down the chart to a more suitable location. They may not end up keeping Lovejoy who was the other RHD after Klingberg. I think it's still a suitable potential landing spot.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Listening to HC12 talk about the Sharks this morning, idk about you guys, but i'd be pretty disappointed in Pavelski if he asked for anything more than 5M AAV, especially knowing how that would handcuff the team. Wouldn't a true leader take a financial hit to make a play at a bigger fish?

Maybe DW can guarantee him a spot in the org after he retires or something.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Listening to HC12 talk about the Sharks this morning, idk about you guys, but i'd be pretty disappointed in Pavelski if he asked for anything more than 5M AAV, especially knowing how that would handcuff the team. Wouldn't a true leader take a financial hit to make a play at a bigger fish?

Maybe DW can guarantee him a spot in the org after he retires or something.

You can turn that around and say that if DW offers anything less than 7M to the captain of the team who has led by example for so many years it would be an insult to him. Also, this is the last chance for Pavs to earn a paycheck. He is getting slower by the year and probably wont have the longevity of a Marleau or Thornton.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Hey if theres one player id like is Mats Zucarrelo. He's loyal as hell!!!! I like those players.

He's a Center that shoots left. So.... Could play LW with Thornton. What if Marleau came back and played LW.

I think Pavelski has made it clear its SJ. He'd probably take 3-4 or maybe even less for another addition. If he wants to be a hero he should sign for minimum now. or closer to a Million.
A true leader gives, and doesn't take.

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Hey if theres one player id like is Mats Zucarrelo. He's loyal as hell!!!! I like those players.

He's a Center that shoots left. So.... Could play LW with Thornton. What if Marleau came back and played LW.

I think Pavelski has made it clear its SJ. He'd probably take 3-4 or maybe even less for another addition. If he wants to be a hero he should sign for minimum now. or closer to a Million.
A true leader gives, and doesn't take.

I'd like Zucc. Always loved him on the Rangers.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad