OT: 2018 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Nope, no rounds attached. We can keep one player from our roster from the previous year so long as they weren't kept the year before. I'm going to go with Kamara, they're just so close I'll second guess myself until I actually put the sticker on the board.

i live fantasy football. keep hopkins. kamara while good hes a sophmore and ingram when back will take touches away from him. plus they have a very good passing game with thomas to steal even more from kamara. hopkins is a freak who will get the ball thrown to him 15 times a game and can jump over anyone to get it

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yea it is a 16 team PPR, first year, drafted #13

my guess is you went cook freeman cooper ajayi. not diggin mahomes only cause hes a rookie qb but other then that your team is deep i like fuller watson will just launch all day. but for 16 teams you did well.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
my guess is you went cook freeman cooper ajayi. not diggin mahomes only cause hes a rookie qb but other then that your team is deep i like fuller watson will just launch all day. but for 16 teams you did well.
I actually took Fuller before Ajayi, but I am a big believer in Mahomes. He’s looked solid in the preseason so I hope it’ll carry over to the games

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Mahomes is going to be Brett Favre lite IMO in his playstyle

he will make a lot of big plays but also turn the ball over a fair amount

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Also announced officially Darnold is starting week 1.

Get a 3rd rounder in return for Teddy, which is good value. Beat guys are speculating whether they'll try to flip some draft capital for a pass rusher. One of the lesser valued guys (Shane Ray, Dante Fowler) or the big fish in Khalil Mack.

Don't know enough of what it would honestly cost to get any of those guys, but if they manage to end up with one of them, then this was a well managed situation by the Jets. Now, fingers crossed on Darnold being able to stay upright behind this O-line.

Reactions: tr83

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well they lost some draft capital trading up for Darnold lol (the extra two's). Was hoping they could have somehow gotten one of them back but it's a tough market when nobody's looking for a starter. I would have probably held onto Bridgewater through the first three games since they're in an eleven-day stretch and then see if anyone's QB goes down early but it would have been hard to divvy up the practice reps if they extended it into the season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yes, and while that is a 2nd that we're still without, we have 2 3s and can always work with the draft picks from the following year. I'm sure Mack is unrealistic but hey, we might as well dream.

Keeping Teddy was always going to be unrealistic, you owe it to him as well to get him into a situation where he'd actually dress. The Jets were never going to trade or dump McCown, he's essentially a highly paid QB coach/mentor. Teddy was always an insurance policy through camp and on Darnold showing he's ready.

It really couldn't have played out better all things considered.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I'll bag on the Jets if it's warranted but it's not like Teddy had a hobo stick on the side of the road. This isn't exactly Wilmer Flores with the Mets territory.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I mean I'll bag on the Jets if it's warranted but it's not like Teddy had a hobo stick on the side of the road. This isn't exactly Wilmer Flores with the Mets territory.
It's pretty close.

And given the decades of ineptitude by both franchises management I'll call the comparison fair.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's pretty close.

And given the decades of ineptitude by both franchises management I'll call the comparison fair.

How is it close? It says above he wasn’t left on the side of the road. They were waiting to depart.

People are hilarious in what they will blow out of proportion. :laugh:

Anyway, Teddy now gets a chance to at least dress and be the next in line. If he stayed here, he likely would have been in street clothes because the team was never going to do that to McCown even if he would be the one who deserved it. He will be in a better spot now to potentially succeed.

Wish the guy nothing but the best, he has an incredible demeanor about everything since his brutal injury. Really hope he gets to be a starter somewhere next year.

Reactions: blood gin

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll never get the Giant fans' obvious hatred for the Jets. It's one thing for the reverse to be true (or Met fans hating the Yankees) because of big brother syndrome and jealousy but why would Giant fans give a fig about the Jets? They usually have bigger fish to fry in the division and only play us for real once every four years. The only time it was a real rivalry was with Rex, and they got the last laugh on him.

Of course the whole Giants bypassing Darnold for Barkley element of the draft is going to provide an interesting back and forth for the next decade.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'll never get the Giant fans' obvious hatred for the Jets. It's one thing for the reverse to be true (or Met fans hating the Yankees) because of big brother syndrome and jealousy but why would Giant fans give a fig about the Jets? They usually have bigger fish to fry in the division and only play us for real once every four years. The only time it was a real rivalry was with Rex, and they got the last laugh on him.

Of course the whole Giants bypassing Darnold for Barkley element of the draft is going to provide an interesting back and forth for the next decade.
If this is directed towards me I can assure you that I have no hatred for the Jets and actually cheer for and watch them. 1 o'clock and 4 o'clock as i like to say. Am I big blue first and foremost? Yup. But that has no bearing on my criticism of gang green.

GET THE MONEY!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

The Giants took a calculated risk by doing this. It's an interesting one. Manning isn't getting any younger or better but they're much closer to being able to win with Eli than with a rookie signal caller and a team that's getting older. As long as their O-line holds up and is better than it was, Barkley makes sense. It'll open things for Engram, Shepard, and obviously Beckham. They've got a ton of offensive weapons. Intriguing team and I'm not even a Giants fan.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Must mean they think Darnold is the real deal

They've known this since they drafted him. The league pretty much knows this.

Bridgewater seemingly tabbed to be Brees heir apparent. He's not much of a downfield gunslinger though, but a decent QB. I still think N.O. may look at other QB's to replace Brees in the offseason

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i live fantasy football. keep hopkins. kamara while good hes a sophmore and ingram when back will take touches away from him. plus they have a very good passing game with thomas to steal even more from kamara. hopkins is a freak who will get the ball thrown to him 15 times a game and can jump over anyone to get it

Kamara is the matchup nightmare for NO. He will catch and run for a prolific offense. I’d expect more touchdowns this year even if his touches are slightly down. Brees had only 4300 yards last season with over 70% completions. I’d expect NO to be more run heavy this year to preserve Brees’ arm and subject him to fewer hits. Assuming the defense stays healthy it should be solid if unspectacular so the Saints may not have to score 30+ points to win a game.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They've known this since they drafted him. The league pretty much knows this.

Bridgewater seemingly tabbed to be Brees heir apparent. He's not much of a downfield gunslinger though, but a decent QB. I still think N.O. may look at other QB's to replace Brees in the offseason

Brees is signed through 2019 and TB is a free agent this offseason. I’d be surprised if TB is a Saint long term if Brees finishes the season healthy unless TB takes a discount over a UFA deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad