OT: 2018 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
How is it close? It says above he wasn’t left on the side of the road. They were waiting to depart.

People are hilarious in what they will blow out of proportion. :laugh:

Anyway, Teddy now gets a chance to at least dress and be the next in line. If he stayed here, he likely would have been in street clothes because the team was never going to do that to McCown even if he would be the one who deserved it. He will be in a better spot now to potentially succeed.

Wish the guy nothing but the best, he has an incredible demeanor about everything since his brutal injury. Really hope he gets to be a starter somewhere next year.
Because I think it's close?

Dude walking through a bus vs guy walking through a dugout doesn't seem like much of a distinction to me. Teddy didn't get the "opportunity" to cry on the field, I'll give you that.

Both examples are also a complete failure in management. #metsfan #jetsare1B #inbeforebitterfansinsistimpartisan

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And as a Met-Jet fan myself I'm telling you there's nothing that's 'close'. One guy was told he was traded not even by management but by the fans and TV in the locker room, and was allowed to have an emotional meltdown in front of the world on the field. The other guy was about to board a team bus before he was told by management, said good bye to everyone and I'm sure got transportation to where he needed to go (Hard Knocks shows these type of conversations with traded/cut players all the time) without any public embarassment - you and the original Tweet made it sound like they just left him at some gas station in a Philly suburb to catch a plane on his own dime.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
And as a Met-Jet fan myself I'm telling you there's nothing that's 'close'. One guy was told he was traded not even by management but by the fans and TV in the locker room, and was allowed to have an emotional meltdown in front of the world on the field. The other guy was about to board a team bus before he was told by management, said good bye to everyone and I'm sure got transportation to where he needed to go (Hard Knocks shows these type of conversations with traded/cut players all the time) without any public embarassment - you and the original Tweet made it sound like they just left him at some gas station in a Philly suburb to catch a plane on his own dime.
Or one guy was staring down the barrel of being a starting QB in the NFL in a prime market and ended up taking a Lyft to an airport, and one was a victim of social media.

Perception and all that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bridgewater never had a real shot to be the starting QB here, they didn't even play him with the first team at all in preseason to pretend he had a shot, which I thought they should have done for a few series here and there to try to up his trade value if nothing else. Not much difference in being a backup here or New Orleans.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I don't get why the Raiders were so hell-bent on trading him but vaya con dios.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

I don't get why the Raiders were so hell-bent on trading him but vaya con dios.

Because Raiders fans apparently can't have nice things....:cry:

Mack is not willing to report unless he becomes the highest paid D player in the league. And the Raiders front office doesn't want to commit that much cap space to a DE.

What i really don't get is why the Raiders wait this long to make the trade. If they are not willing to match Mack's demands at least trade him before the draft and at least have someone on the roster that can help this year rather than just picks that won't help this year.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I got another keeper question. I have a draft coming up tomorrow, where we got the option to keep two players. My two players are likely Fournette and Julio. But, we just had two teams quit, leaving Gurley, Bell, and Elliot exposed in the draft. If I left Fournette and Jones exposed, I would get a first and 2nd round pick to possibly get one of these players. What should I do (sorry if I wrote this in a confusing matter). Also this is an 8 team

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I got another keeper question. I have a draft coming up tomorrow, where we got the option to keep two players. My two players are likely Fournette and Julio. But, we just had two teams quit, leaving Gurley, Bell, and Elliot exposed in the draft. If I left Fournette and Jones exposed, I would get a first and 2nd round pick to possibly get one of these players. What should I do (sorry if I wrote this in a confusing matter). Also this is an 8 team

where would your picks slot in or do you not know?

Fournette and Julio are pretty damn good keepers but if you are going to pick in the top 3, I might leave one exposed and pick one of the 3 guys you listed

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If I couldn’t or didn’t want to sign Mack to the biggest deal for a defensive player in nfl history, I would certainly take 2 1st round picks from a team that has won 8 games over the last 2 seasons.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
where would your picks slot in or do you not know?

Fournette and Julio are pretty damn good keepers but if you are going to pick in the top 3, I might leave one exposed and pick one of the 3 guys you listed
Yea that is what I am hoping will happen. Or if I am unable to select one of the players, I will more than likely be able to pick Julio and Fournette right back up

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

8 teams? Dang. Drop Julio for sure and try and nab another back.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If I couldn’t or didn’t want to sign Mack to the biggest deal for a defensive player in nfl history, I would certainly take 2 1st round picks from a team that has won 8 games over the last 2 seasons.

why not, exactly? he is arguably the best pass rusher in the league

go through your teams past 2 first round picks and tell me you wouldnt trade them for Mack

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That's presuming they're still gonna be bad after trading for said defensive player with all the offensive upgrades they've made this offseason (A-Rob, Burton). They're probably a .500 team as is depending on the QB it could go either side of .500 but clearly they're're following the Seattle formula of we'd better spend now while we have a QB under a rookie contract.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Because I think it's close?

Dude walking through a bus vs guy walking through a dugout doesn't seem like much of a distinction to me. Teddy didn't get the "opportunity" to cry on the field, I'll give you that.

Both examples are also a complete failure in management. #metsfan #jetsare1B #inbeforebitterfansinsistimpartisan

You couldn't be more off base. Just outright lying at this point. Whatever your agenda is, I have no idea

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Or one guy was staring down the barrel of being a starting QB in the NFL in a prime market and ended up taking a Lyft to an airport, and one was a victim of social media.

Perception and all that.

Not true at all. Bridgewater had no chance to be the starter from very early in the game. Just look at the reps, training camp numbers, pre season game time. You really need to get yourself better informed

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Davis Webb cut.:laugh: Dan Bailey too. Bailey is still good. He was injured last season and will rebound well wherever he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad