GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
It's also fun watching guys like Moore, Hickey and Cole get signed to better deals than Gudbranson. Patyern, who is Erik's closest FA comparable, signs for 3 years 2.25 AAV. Such a joke. How is this good assest management?
Is Patyern simply trying to make it through 82 games next year like Guddy?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I know he's not here any more, but McCann is in the NHL, too.
The context of the comment was the signing of veteran UFAs to long term contracts and the lack of opportunty that that creates for the younger drafted players. McCann being in the NHL isn't relevant in this context. In fact, if anything, it reinforces the point. They traded him for an older player.

Reactions: Jack Burton

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
The context of the comment was the signing of veteran UFAs to long term contracts and the lack of opportunty that that creates for the younger drafted players. McCann being in the NHL isn't relevant in this context. In fact, if anything, it reinforces the point. They traded him for an older player.
What’s wrong with stacking Utica for a couple seasons?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Benning on 650 talking about how they can now move Sutter up the lineup and give him more O zone starts with offensive players now that they have Beagle.

This is tragic.

Not surprised in the least. Benning has always seen Sutter as a #2 C.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Benning on 650 talking about how they can now move Sutter up the lineup and give him more O zone starts with offensive players now that they have Beagle.

This is tragic.

Ahahahahaha.

Called it.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ssel-4-x-3-25m.2507909/page-30#post-147532479

Just absolute insanity. They *finally* used Sutter correctly and he was an asset to the team in that role, and then he has a little hot streak to finish the season and he's right back to being a garbage #2 center. Jesus Christ.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The quote about Sutter in an offensive role....holy hell he's playing with Petterson this year.

Welcome to the NHL, Elias, *handcuffs leg to a boat anchor*, don't worry Rousell will bear hug a guy if they hit you.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sutter is now our second line centre. So it goes Horvat, Sutter, Schaller, Beagle. I guess...they're all kind of big and gritty? And at least one of them can score?

But does this mean either Boeser or EP start the year on Sutter's wing? And that Gaudette moves to the wing or the AHL?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Perhaps he expects Hughes to make the Canucks top 4 right out of the gate?
They didn't do actual pairings but it looked:
Edler-Tanev
MDZ-Gudbrandson
Hutton/Pouliot-Stecher
Juolevi/Hughes-Biega

Which feed are you listening to? The normal 1040 has the Denmark - Croatia game on.
TSN4 on TV- the free agent frenzy.

ok, just finished reading up on schaller and roussel.

taking off my cap management and roster management hats, these are three solid personalities. in isolation they'd each be decent adds for us. i have no idea why we need an entire line of these guys to replace dorsett but i expect them to have a positive cultural impact on the team.
I don't think anyone has a problem with the players brought in. Maybe Beagle to an extent but I'm fine with Gaudetter starting this season in Utica. The bigger issue is that a guy who put up 17 points and a guy who will be 33 at the start of the season get 4 years instead of 2 like they should have.

Make that 19 potential forwards fighting for 13 spots. Good lord this just keeps getting better.

Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad