GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sure, the sky may not be falling...but it certainly isn't any better today than it was yesterday. These deals aren't insurmountable, but they aren't good...and they aren't signs that our management team is getting any smarter as they gain more experience.

What are they, in their 50s? Do you expect them to learn?

Reactions: Canucker

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
O

Only one question for you

You are watching a perennial bottom 5 team in Vancouver. Do you want to watch the future in young players or watch another bottom 5 year with no upside mediocre veteran players?

Ill take the team that is (-) Henrik and Daniel Sedin, and (+) Jay Beagle and Antoine Roussel, thank you very much!

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Don’t have a major issue with any of this so long as some of our current pieces are moved out for picks. I’m fine with adding quality 4th liners who have excellent work ethic.

If this limits Gaudette’s ice time. If this limits Dahlen’s ability to break into the starting lineup. If this limits Pettersson’s ice time.... oh boy will I be furious.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wanted Roussel and Schaller. Expected both to be about 500-700K cheaper. Roussel one year less term as well.

The Beagle contract annoys me the most due to his age.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Ok this is Eklund but...he is saying Canucks might now be the leader on Reider and are in on Riley Nash with Philly

Can you imagine? WTF?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Boeser Horvat Baertshci
Erickson Pettersen Dahlen
Sutter Gaunce Leipsic Motte Beagle Roussel Granlund Gagner Goldobin Virtanen Lind Schiller Archibald
That’s pretty much an entire roster of players on the 3rd and 4th line
The only truly tradable guys are Virtanen Goldobin and Lind whom are really the only ones we should not be trading
I forgot Gaudette

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Don’t have a major issue with any of this so long as some of our current pieces are moved out for picks. I’m fine with adding quality 4th liners who have excellent work ethic.

If this limits Gaudette’s ice time. If this limits Dahlen’s ability to break into the starting lineup. If this limits Pettersson’s ice time.... oh boy will I be furious.

You're fine with grossly overpaying 2 4th liners long-term?

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Why wouldn't they offer trymakin an overpayment with term for his next deal to keep him here. Instead pay Gubranson 4 M + any of today's signings (3M) = 7 M for what? Who would actually chose gubranson + 4th liner over trymakin locked up and happy for a rebuilding team? Which choice would actually make the Canucks harder to play against and tougher? Yes it would be taking a chance but the option the Canucks chose seems like a surefire loss for a rebuilding team.

Reactions: THE Green Man

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com

Exactly my thoughts... term is too much but it's more youth access to ice time that I'm concerned with. We have 3 or 4 3rd/4th lines. We have to move some dead wood out, absolutely have to.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Ok this is Eklund but...he is saying Canucks might now be the leader on Reider and are in on Riley Nash with Philly

Can you imagine? WTF?
“We’ve gotten to a place now where we’ve got a very good group of exciting young players, and that continues to build,” Canuck president of hockey operations Trevor Linden told Sportsnet. “It’s just a matter of being patient and sticking with it now. July 1 is not a day to build...”

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
So looking at what we have currently as guys who played last year and who we have coming in:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Eriksson Sutter Virtanen
Gagner Beagle Goldobin
Leipsic Schaller Roussel

Guys on the outside:

Archibald
Gaunce
Granlund
Motte
Dowd

Prospects:

Gaudette
Pettersson
Dahlen

I don't see where our prospects are supposed to play if they have good camps.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

What do you think?

What if Goldy has a great camp? Where is he going to play?

What if a year from now MacEwen or Gadjovich are ready for the 4th line? What then ?

Teams at the bottom usually want to get young players with upside on the ice.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
O

Only one question for you

You are watching a perennial bottom 5 team in Vancouver. Do you want to watch the future in young players or watch another bottom 5 year with no upside mediocre veteran players?

I think there needs to be a mix of both.......Curious as to what they are going to do about the logjam up front now? I had thought Gaudette was on the team and that EP has a spot to lose.........that might not be the case any more.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Per his own twitter Grabner is a Yote.

I'm glad he's managed to carve out a nice career for himself.

Probably ALSO going to be far cheaper than Roussel.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC

Can you imagine? WTF?

These moves suggest Travis Green is sick and tired with the teams 'soft' bottom six especially after Dorsett retired.

They are brining in 2 way bottom six guys that are 'culture carriers!'

Good luck to Goldobin, Gaunce, Grandlund and perhaps Baertschi. Writing is on the wall boys, bring on the sandpaper!

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Again, these cap hits are less than 4% of the cap. So much hysteria.

It’s about roster space and making room for upside players that might get you out of the bottom 5 at some point not plugging holes with 28-33 year old players who will only decline not improve.

You don’t seem to understand that.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I slept in because I knew Benning and the Canucks were going to do some extremely stupid things today

And what do you know... :laugh:

Holy shit, one of the lowest scoring teams in the league filled with mediocre depth players looked at their roster and thought they needed some more low skill 4th liners. And all that f***ing money and term. There is literally no room for young players to claim spots. :biglaugh: jesus f***ing christ

It should be pretty clear that they didn't even try to acquire cap dumps from other teams to get more picks.

Reactions: Hansen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad