Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
A week ago, Craig Berube was getting a pregame speech ready.
I’ve been impressed on Quest for the Stanley Cup, when they show all the coaches giving pregame messages, Berube is the least rah rah of any of them. He’s business like, succinct, and positive. Not too high, not too low.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Anyone know when or if the Blues will bring the cup to Busch before a Cards game? Like maybe Petro throwing out the first pitch?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just read the thread on the Sharks board where they were discussing other playoff games and ultimately the cup finals / Blues winning.

Wow. You would think the Blues personally ordered hits on all their families LOL.

It's sad the lot of them actually believe some of the things they say. I almost felt bad for a couple of them because it's too obvious so many of them are new to hockey.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Just read the thread on the Sharks board where they were discussing other playoff games and ultimately the cup finals / Blues winning.

Wow. You would think the Blues personally ordered hits on all their families LOL.

It's sad the lot of them actually believe some of the things they say. I almost felt bad for a couple of them because it's too obvious so many of them are new to hockey.
It's the hill they are choosing to die on, they will beat that narrative into the ground for the next 2-3 years easy. Nevermind The Jets trying to smash ROR's head into the boards b2b2b2b, every team trying to accidentally run Binny, Kane trying to knee on knee Tarasenko others on the Sharks taking dirty shots after they were getting blown out etc. Same with Boston, their team has always been known for getting away with dirty stuff, but you'd never know it to listen to them cry (not all of them, really not even most of them, just a handful of sore losers that can't admit their team was beat by a better team at their own game or otherwise. Same with the Sharks and even Jets in a few cases.)

The Blues fans have been their, we did the same thing for years after LA and Chicago beat us on the way to winning their cups. We choose the we severely outplayed them but just couldn't score hill. Now of course we did play with those teams in close games, and we had trouble scoring big goals, but really we were just beaten by the better teams then. It's part of rivalry in sports for fans, it can make it hard to admit your team was beaten fairly and squarely with the homers goggles on. Most of us here been their too.

Still f*** the Sharks and their whiny fans, by far my most hated team now mainly because of the vocal minority of those fans. I still like JoeThortonRooster though.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

just wanted to officially congratulate you guys on an amazing run, reminiscent to the Kings run in 2012

from rags to riches baby! you guys deserve it

anyways ENJOY THIS !
Thanks! That's high praise to compare the Blues run to that fantastic '12 run of the Kings by a Kings fan nonetheless. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey guys! I know I'm really late to the party here (been taking time off hockey) but I just wanted to express my genuine congratulations! The fact I despise the Bruins is truly neither here nor there; I'm just so happy your guys got it done for the city of St. Louis! It was the same as how I felt last year about the Capitals. Two years in a row of long waiting fans finally having their faith rewarded feels really good! So again, congratulations and have a great summer! See you guys next year.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Congrats guys, what's the first week like?

It's weird that there isn't really any time to bask in the glory of a cup victory. The playoffs forum is gone, and everyone's mind is on the draft and free agency.

Are you guys thinking about next season yet or just enjoying the moment. I remember being in grade 8 when the Habs won the cup and my teacher teased me the week later that they won last year's cup. Feels kind of true in a way.

I guess I'm saying I hope you guys enjoy this moment and this summer to the fullest. Rub other teams noses in it. Congrats again

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

just wanted to officially congratulate you guys on an amazing run, reminiscent to the Kings run in 2012

from rags to riches baby! you guys deserve it

anyways ENJOY THIS !

Love the support that you’ve shown for us, especially seeing as our teams and fanbases hated each other less than a decade ago.

Let’s grab a beer(on me) when the Blues return to LA this season.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

It's weird that there isn't really any time to bask in the glory of a cup victory. The playoffs forum is gone, and everyone's mind is on the draft and free agency.

Are you guys thinking about next season yet or just enjoying the moment. I remember being in grade 8 when the Habs won the cup and my teacher teased me the week later that they won last year's cup. Feels kind of true in a way.

I guess I'm saying I hope you guys enjoy this moment and this summer to the fullest. Rub other teams noses in it. Congrats again
Still hard to believe it.

I wasn't ready for the draft and NHL awards. They came up so fast!

Definitely excited for next season. But kind of want to just bask in the glory of being cup champs for a while.

I feel like I will be able to just enjoy the Blues now. Without expecting so much.

Last edited:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

1 week. 1 year. 10 years. The glory lasts forever. :cool:

Reactions: Frank Drebin

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Love the support that you’ve shown for us, especially seeing as our teams and fanbases hated each other less than a decade ago.

Let’s grab a beer(on me) when the Blues return to LA this season.

omg my first hfboards blind date! lol

no but seriously, our ''hate'' was never anything mean spirited, both teams played a similar aggressive game and there was a lot of respect between not only the two teams, but the fans as well.

But you know, when we face each other, we are not friends but that doesn't mean we're enemies, always loved the Blues

the interesting thing for me was that my two favorite teams outside of LA faced each other in the finals this year, i just wanted it more for St Louis because their run was just epic

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

no but seriously, our ''hate'' was never anything mean spirited, both teams played a similar aggressive game and there was a lot of respect between not only the two teams, but the fans as well.

But you know, when we face each other, we are not friends but that doesn't mean we're enemies, always loved the Blues

the interesting thing for me was that my two favorite teams outside of LA faced each other in the finals this year, i just wanted it more for St Louis because their run was just epic

Oh I absolutely agree with all of this! We just couldn’t beat you guys back then. The games at Staples with our teams are always still exciting to watch, even as the time has passed.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

I bought a single game ticket from a HF Blues fan one time for a game vs Colorado. I think he had 3 tickets and used 2 for him and his buddy. Even though we sat by each other the whole game, we barely talked. It was a little weird.

But it wasn't a situation where I knew his username or vice versa, so its not like we "knew" each other.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I bought a single game ticket from a HF Blues fan one time for a game vs Colorado. I think he had 3 tickets and used 2 for him and his buddy. Even though we sat by each other the whole game, we barely talked. It was a little weird.

But it wasn't a situation where I knew his username or vice versa, so its not like we "knew" each other.
Oh that was you!!?? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad