Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Dec 15, 2002
I'd bet money the team petitions him on the cup.
They can, but it's still up to the NHL to approve and there's still criteria that need to be satisfied. It's not just "oh, the team asked so it happens, period, no questions asked." The league has denied petitions in the past by virtue of reasons explained above and following. Thorburn and Butler didn't miss games due to injury, neither played in the playoffs, and both spent substantial time in the minors including after the trade deadline. I don't see the league approving a request for either just for a feel good story for the team.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
They can, but it's still up to the NHL to approve and there's still criteria that need to be satisfied. It's not just "oh, the team asked so it happens, period, no questions asked." The league has denied petitions in the past by virtue of reasons explained above and following. Thorburn and Butler didn't miss games due to injury, neither played in the playoffs, and both spent substantial time in the minors including after the trade deadline. I don't see the league approving a request for either just for a feel good story for the team.

A big reason Thorburn got the cup 4th is because his kid has autism. The Blues only had him on the roster so he could get NHL benefits to help his kid out. I think the Blues have done A LOT for Thorburn and I would be surprised if they petitioned to have his name on the cup honestly. They have done some serious favors for the guy and let him be part of all the celebrations and party with the cup. Butler I see more as a "Hey is an STL guy too!" scenario. *shrug* I agree in the sense that I don't think either would get their name on the cup but I personally don't even see the Blues petitioning for either of them.

Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues! I'm a lifetime Flyers fan, but I was supporting the Blues for the entire playoffs! I also ordered a Stanley Cup Blues cap. I live in the U.K. so I'm cheering from quite a distance!
PLAY GLORIA!!

Well you could almost say the south Philly bar had a huge part in the Blues road to the cup so it's kind of like the Flyers helped the Blues out? Kind of...? Maybe...? Either way, Wahoo!

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
A big reason Thorburn got the cup 4th is because his kid has autism. The Blues only had him on the roster so he could get NHL benefits to help his kid out. I think the Blues have done A LOT for Thorburn and I would be surprised if they petitioned to have his name on the cup honestly. They have done some serious favors for the guy and let him be part of all the celebrations and party with the cup. Butler I see more as a "Hey is an STL guy too!" scenario. *shrug* I agree in the sense that I don't think either would get their name on the cup but I personally don't even see the Blues petitioning for either of them.

Well you could almost say the south Philly bar had a huge part in the Blues road to the cup so it's kind of like the Flyers helped the Blues out? Kind of...? Maybe...? Either way, Wahoo!
I visited Philadelphia for the game on 7 January, I was thrilled to finally attend a game at Wells Fargo Centre, but it was Binner's first game. The Blues won 3-0. I read that was the game when Schenn and Del Zotto began playing Gloria after their victories. I travelled back home after that game and followed both the Flyers and the Blues. The Blues were so much better under Berube's coaching style (another Flyer's connection), so it's been easy rooting for that fun team. I'm so happy that the good loyal fans of St. Louis finally have a Championship. I will continue supporting the Blues, as well as the Flyers. I think the Blues have a better core on their team to remain at the top of the league. The Flyers will continue to struggle because their core players are very limited in their abilities.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Great video of all the Blues important playoff goals. Bet you can't watch it just once.

Click on St. Louis Blues Best Goals of the 2019 Playoffs

Note all the times Maroon is clogging the net front and all the plays Perron makes.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Member 308457

I wanted to congratulate the Blues and fans for winning the cup. Being a Sabres fan I was happy for you, going from worst to first since January...that's how it's done. Blues lifers: your team exorcised the ghost of Bobby Orr. I also wanted to applaud how consistently the Blues have made the playoffs, 82 percent of the time. You've built the team the right way, not like our intentionally tanking Sabres who currently shame us. Glad to give you O'Reilly as a finishing piece. He fits right in the Blues stable of drunken reprobates.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I wanted to congratulate the Blues and fans for winning the cup. Being a Sabres fan I was happy for you, going from worst to first since January...that's how it's done. Blues lifers: your team exorcised the ghost of Bobby Orr. I also wanted to applaud how consistently the Blues have made the playoffs, 82 percent of the time. You've built the team the right way, not like our intentionally tanking Sabres who currently shame us. Glad to give you O'Reilly as a finishing piece. He fit right in the Blues mold of drinking workhorse ruffians.

And Tim Hortons closed all its stores in STL so we're good there!

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I still keep watching Game 7. I hope nothing ever happens to my DVR.

For sure! It also helps they’re replaying the great Hockey Night in Canada call of game 7 on NHL Network. Due to time constraints we move past the supposed Boston domination in the middle of the 1st period.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Was Bouwmeester the only skater who didn’t have a playoff goal? His primary assist on O’Reilly’s goal was pretty special.

(I’m staying off the site for a while. I can’t deal with these pop ups constantly disrupting when I’m composing a post. It’s ridiculous.)

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I visited Philadelphia for the game on 7 January, I was thrilled to finally attend a game at Wells Fargo Centre, but it was Binner's first game. The Blues won 3-0. I read that was the game when Schenn and Del Zotto began playing Gloria after their victories. I travelled back home after that game and followed both the Flyers and the Blues. The Blues were so much better under Berube's coaching style (another Flyer's connection), so it's been easy rooting for that fun team. I'm so happy that the good loyal fans of St. Louis finally have a Championship. I will continue supporting the Blues, as well as the Flyers. I think the Blues have a better core on their team to remain at the top of the league. The Flyers will continue to struggle because their core players are very limited in their abilities.

Thanks for the support. Give Captain Dave a hug the next time you go on HF Flyers, haha.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Was Bouwmeester the only skater who didn’t have a playoff goal? His primary assist on O’Reilly’s goal was pretty special.

(I’m staying off the site for a while. I can’t deal with these pop ups constantly disrupting when I’m composing a post. It’s ridiculous.)
I’m thankfully not having popup issues anymore, but they were plaguing the site for me last week. I’m sure it drives traffic away and whatever money they make off of these things can’t be worth losing the page views from frequent posters.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

I think they use the draft as a NPR style pledge drive to get people to upgrade to sponsor.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I know it's been said, but especially for us out-of-town Blues fans who live / grew up in cities that we watched get their cups and subsequently get trashed on because the Blues never won.

Welp, to all those asshole Avs fans (yes, there are some cool ones, I am talking about the assholes), have a Brett Hull hand-gesture. WE GOT OURS!

Reactions: brokeu91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad