Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
MFW I can't bump that thread.

o37Aeyi.png

aPBn3DC.png

Dec 15, 2002
At some point, we're going to discuss what names get engraved on the Cup. There's a limit of 52; here's who I think goes on based on what teams have done in the recent past. In no particular order:

1. Alex Pietrangelo, Capt.
  2. Jake Allen
  3. Ivan Barbashev
  4. Jordan Binnington
  5. Sammy Blais
  6. Robert Bortuzzo
  7. Jay Bouwmeester
  8. Tyler Bozak
  9. Vince Dunn
  10. Joel Edmundson
  11. Robby Fabbri
  12. Carl Gunnarsson
  13. Pat Maroon
  14. Ryan O'Reilly
  15. Colton Parayko
  16. David Perron
  17. Zach Sanford
  18. Brayden Schenn
  19. Jaden Schwartz
  20. Alex Steen
  21. Oskar Sundqvist
  22. Vladimir Tarasenko
  23. Robert Thomas
  24. Craig Berube [Head Coach]
  25. Steve Ott [Assistant Coach]
  26. Mike Van Ryn [Assistant Coach]
  27. Sean Ferrell [Video Coach]
  28. David Alexander [Goaltending Coach]
  29. Tom Stillman [Chairman]
  30. Doug Armstrong [General Manager]
  31. Chris Zimmerman [President/CEO of Business Operations]
  32. Bruce Affleck [Executive Vice President]
  33. Dave Taylor [VP, Hockey Operations]
  34. Bill Armstrong [Assistant GM]
  35. Al MacInnis [Senior Advisor to the GM]
  36. Larry Pleau [Senior Advisor for Amateur Scouting]
  37. Kevin McDonald [GM, San Antonio Rampage / Pro Scout]
  38. Larry Robinson [Sr. Consultant, Hockey Ops]
  39. Rob DiMaio [Director of Player Personnel]
  40. Tim Taylor [Director of Player Development / Pro Scout]
  41. Dave Farrish [Pro Scout]
  42. Ryan Miller [Director of Hockey Ops]
  43. Ray Barile [Head Athletic Trainer]
  44. Dustin Flynn [Assistant Athletic Trainer]
  45. Joel Farnsworth [Head Equipment Manager]
  46. Rich Matthews [Assistant Equipment Manager]
  47. Andrew Dvorak [Equipment Assistant]

I'd say those 47 are safe bets; 1-23 are automatic, 24-44 are pretty much a given. That leaves 5 spots. My guesses if they use all 52:
-- They petition to get Mackenzie MacEachern added [29 games played, so 11 short of 40 + 0 games played in the playoffs, but could have played 41 games if he had dressed for every game he was up and he didn't play down in the minors after being called up] and that's successful. MacEachern is the only possible player petition that would be successful.
-- Rich Jankowski, Senior Director of Team Services
-- Glen Wesley, Development Coach
-- Dave Rogalski, Development Coach

-- Todd Mitchell, VP/GM of Enterprise Center

I don't think any of the amateur scouts get on the Cup. [Sorry Tkachuk, Wallin, Nemec, et. al.] I also don't think Bobby Plager gets on the Cup, even if they try to petition. [Sorry, Bobby.]

Reactions: Deko and The Grouch
Dec 15, 2002
should put thedizee on the cup since i helped them defeat ref jose.
Wouldn't that be a twist. "We're short a name of who we feel like we can get engraved on the Cup, so we're going to raffle off the last spot; if you as a longtime fan would like your name engraved on the Cup for all-time, tickets will be on sale at .........." Honestly, I can't believe someone hasn't suggested that on the main boards somewhere. Or, maybe someone did and it was [rightfully] blown to pieces by the rest of the posting crowd.

Truthfully, when the engraving is finally done and unveiled you should get a really good photoshop done of the image to insert your name on there in the correct spot. I would applaud it.

Reactions: Sushiko

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
You turned your back on the Blues in the first round. You literally had another team's logo as your avatar while the Blues were still battling their way to a Stanley Cup victory. Benedict Dizee!
nah gave em one last chance, they didnt wanna lose me as a fan.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Gotta say...really admire the way Vladi is celebrating the SC....home with his family and then made an impromptu appearence on the parade route looking as fresh as a daisy. Lots of kids probably keep you off the wild party train. :) Anyway, the parade route campers really appreciated Vladi's appearence.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Out of all the small things about this I love, near the top is how juicy Sharks and Bruins are going to be from now on. They basically became our 3rd and 4th biggest rivals from these playoffs and for once we are the ones who get to puff our our chests a bit.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah we're now a part of the contender circle of hate. Hey Boston, Blues just won their 1st Cup in your rink! So here's a dollah twenty five and go f*** yourself.

Reactions: brokeu91

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Looking back, the only way this Cup win could have been better is if we dispatched the Blackhawks in round 1 instead of the Jets. The Bruins are even my most hated team in the East.

I guess what would have been cooler would have been something like

R1: Blackhawks
R2: Stars
R3: Sharks
R4: Red Wings

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Looking back, the only way this Cup win could have been better is if we dispatched the Blackhawks in round 1 instead of the Jets. The Bruins are even my most hated team in the East.

I guess what would have been cooler would have been something like

R1: Blackhawks
R2: Stars
R3: Sharks
R4: Red Wings

Sharks
Kings
Blackhawks
Redwings

Reactions: HighNote

Ad

Upcoming events