Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It just kinda dawned on me just now, we are going into the coming season as the defending Stanley Cup Champion. Every team in the league will be looking to take us down, I welcome that :thumbu: But what I am not looking forward too is all the extra NBC regular season games we're gonna have to put up with this coming year. The number they had without being a cup winner was already too many for me, it's gonna really f***ing suck now :thumbd:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I’m looking forward to the NHL Network intro being forced to include the Blues.
Didn't they already? I've seen plenty of Blues related material on the NHL Network. I just can't stand NBCSN's game coverage of the Blues, and with them being the defending champions you know this regular season is going to go from like 12-13 games like in years past to probably 20+ games or at least a quarter of their season on that crap homer network.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Didn't they already? I've seen plenty of Blues related material on the NHL Network. I just can't stand NBCSN's game coverage of the Blues, and with them being the defending champions you know this regular season is going to go from like 12-13 games like in years past to probably 20+ games or at least a quarter of their season on that crap homer network.
In talking about the animated intro they use all year. It has a few teams on it, but not the Blues lately.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Just the impression that I get. If I'm wrong then apologies.
Ok. I found that exchange amusing, but I can’t figure out what brought it on.

Back on topic, I was specifically thinking of the one with the leafs falling, the eagle and the capital, the Sharks, the King’s crown, hurricane / lightning, etc. They always put the recent contenders in it, but the Blues haven’t been included in a few years.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We sure are. I decided to wear my Schenn shirt to work today since it’s Friday and I thought why not? It’s a great day to rep the Champs.

Reactions: shmotz

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I've been rewatching Game 7 all week. Bawling like a little baby, and trying to get tattoo design drawn out.

so..... something like this:
brad-marchand.jpg

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Congrats Blues fans for your victory. Much deserved victory. I know a lotta ya probably dont care but I feel like an idiot for all my posts against your team and just really going all in for your loss that I couldnt see what was OBVIOUS and that was a championship team before our eyes. I went WAY too far WAY too many times and is nothing any of you did to me personally, but im ashamed of it. I got my eyes opened during the Sharks series whose ANOTHER team i didnt like and thought i found myself thinking you guys deserved it over them esp after that one OT game that was robbed from you haha that was wierd

Anyways i told Canucks fans on our board that Id quit posting here if the Blues won the cup this year and they DID win the cup but i realize making statements like that are equally stupid as i enjoy posting here and not gonna stop because the team i USE to not like won the cup.

Congrats, great victory, great team there in St Louis, is my pick for the 2020 cup as of now :nod:

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Congrats Blues fans for your victory. Much deserved victory. I know a lotta ya probably dont care but I feel like an idiot for all my posts against your team and just really going all in for your loss that I couldnt see what was OBVIOUS and that was a championship team before our eyes. I went WAY too far WAY too many times and is nothing any of you did to me personally, but im ashamed of it. I got my eyes opened during the Sharks series whose ANOTHER team i didnt like and thought i found myself thinking you guys deserved it over them esp after that one OT game that was robbed from you haha that was wierd

Anyways i told Canucks fans on our board that Id quit posting here if the Blues won the cup this year and they DID win the cup but i realize making statements like that are equally stupid as i enjoy posting here and not gonna stop because the team i USE to not like won the cup.

Congrats, great victory, great team there in St Louis, is my pick for the 2020 cup as of now :nod:

What caused your dislike of the Blues anyway? Just curious.

Also, it's impressive how quickly the Canucks have reloaded these past few years, especially because they seem to get unlucky with the draft lottery.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Wow I can’t believe my eyes.

Thank you sir. I always knew you had potential.

Feel free to keep hating on the Sharks.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014

I liked you better when you were hating on us!

But seriously
f1d7783b91fbb4399a6a3a4b04b2553d.jpg

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Omg man, I've been waiting for WEEKS and you just show up out of nowhere and say nice things.

But seriously, missed you during the Final and I hope your summer is going well.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Whu-what? Is this for real? I can't believe I'm reading this! Is this a dare or a bet? A fake account?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Your negative posts had become self-parody. Truthfully, I was missing them.

But I accept your post in the spirit it was intended. It’s been a time of many firsts around here lately. We can bury the animosity with the Blues’ streak of futility. Welcome back to the forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad