Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm gonna be honest and say I didn't want you guys to win.

However, I do have to congratulate you all on finally being that one fanbase per year that gets to have a wide ass smirk on their face for the whole summer.

Whatever you do, don't take this cup victory for granted. Who the hell knows what the future holds and while you obviously have a good team, shit happens. So make sure to buy a ton of Champion swag, try to attend the parade, and watch a ton of different montages/highlights of your playoff run on Youtube every day until next season starts. Revel in this win in any way that you can think of.

Congrats.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Pretty good game, boys. When does the next series start?
tumblr_mzzd998dS31qezzn1o1_500.gif

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Thank you Ottawa Senators for trading the 16th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft for David Rundblad and getting us Vladimir Tarasenko.

Thank you Atlanta Thrashers for taking Zach Bogosian 3rd overall in 2008 and leaving us to take Alex Pietrangelo.

Thank you Pittsburgh Penguins for giving a 1st and Oskar Sunqvist for a 2nd and Ryan Reaves

Thank you John Tavares for deciding the Blues shouldn't even be on your radar going into free agency, leading to us to focus elsewhere and get a jump on free agency.

Thank you Eric Brewer. You endured some rough shit here, but without you, we don't get the 3rd rounder that becomes the goaltender that leads us to the promise land.

Thank you Bill Guerin. Trading you got us the pick that became "The Boy Who Kept Coming Back" in David Perron.

Thank you Toronto for Lee Stepniak for Carlo Coliacovo and Alex Steen. Also, thank you for Roman Polak for Carl Gunnarsson too while we are at it.

Thank you whoever was the f***ing scout that noticed that Colton Parayko was a giant who could skate like a madman in northern canada. How we got him in the 3rd is completely insane.

Thank you NHL GMs who somehow let Vince Dunn fall to us at 56th overall.

Thank you Calgary for Bouwmeester. Super happy he got a cup here.

Thank you Tyler Bozak. "I want the Cup. So damn bad. That's why I came to St. Louis. There's your headline. Print it" Print it indeed.

Thank you Flyers for Schenn. You guys got a pretty good haul for him, but we are pretty happy how it worked out on our end.

Thank you Pat Maroon for coming home for a year.

Thank you Buffalo Sabres for O'Reilly. Also Berglund's agent for f***ing up.

Thank you Doug Armstrong for not giving up on this team when all of us were screaming at you to do so.

Thank you Tom Stillman for being the best owner this team has ever had. You did it Tom. You brought hte Cup to St. Louis. Thank you.

And thank you fellow Blues fans for joining me on this journey.

LET'S GO BLUES

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Big thanks to Pietrangelo, O'Reilly, Binnington, and Berube for making this all happen. Binnington was absolutely rock solid tonight, Pietrangelo was an absolute MONSTER in both the defensive and offensive zone, O'Reilly scoring the first goal for us and being the best player on the ice for both teams throughout the whole series and to win the Conn Smythe, and Berube for getting the boys to all believe in themselves. There is no curse, it's down to your will and determination. If you want to make it happen, make it happen. Let's go boys!!!!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So happy for so many guys.

Alex Pietrangelo: Leadership questioned. Toughness questioned. Was an absolute warrior and played a lights out game 7 to lift that f***ing Cup.

ROR: Called a cancer, constantly on terrible teams, shit on for being honest about how tough it is to play on bad teams, comes in, works his ass off with the younger players, is the one constant all year and wins the f***ing Conn Smythe for his efforts(and maybe the Selke).

David Perron: Coming back for his third tour of duty, had a great regular season, and was good for most of the playoffs. Is a true Blue through and through, no question.

Pat Maroon: Comes home to St. Louis, scores a game 7 OT goal to get us to the WCF, and wins a Cup for his hometown team. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

JayBo: Played in this league for a 1000 years. Gets tons of shit for not being super physical. Doesn't play in the playoffs for an eternity, but is finally a key cog in a Stanley Cup winning team.

Tyler Bozak: Played his best on some rough Toronto teams, and when they finally turn it around he's aged out of their core and forced to find a new home. Said he wanted to win a Cup the day he signed and he f***ing did it.

Jordan Binnington: Forgotten about. Given a chance only when things seemed like they couldn't get any worse, puts the team on his back and wins the Cup.

Tom mother-F'ing Stillman: Diehard Blues fan through and through. Nobody is happier tonight than Mr. Stillman and he deserves it 100%. He agreed to pay O'Reilly's signing bonus, has spent near the cap each of his seasons as an owner, and has overseen some great renovations at the Enterprise Center. I'm so happy for him that he got all of this playoff revenue and will get boatloads more from Cup champions merchandise. He absolutely deserves it.

I'm happy for all of them, but those are my highlights.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Thank you Ottawa Senators for trading the 16th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft for David Rundblad and getting us Vladimir Tarasenko.

Thank you Atlanta Thrashers for taking Zach Bogosian 3rd overall in 2008 and leaving us to take Alex Pietrangelo.

Thank you Pittsburgh Penguins for giving a 1st and Oskar Sunqvist for a 2nd and Ryan Reaves

Thank you John Tavares for deciding the Blues shouldn't even be on your radar going into free agency, leading to us to focus elsewhere and get a jump on free agency.

Thank you Eric Brewer. You endured some rough **** here, but without you, we don't get the 3rd rounder that becomes the goaltender that leads us to the promise land.

Thank you Bill Guerin. Trading you got us the pick that became "The Boy Who Kept Coming Back" in David Perron.

Thank you Toronto for Lee Stepniak for Carlo Coliacovo and Alex Steen. Also, thank you for Roman Polak for Carl Gunnarsson too while we are at it.

Thank you whoever was the ****ing scout that noticed that Colton Parayko was a giant who could skate like a madman in northern canada. How we got him in the 3rd is completely insane.

Thank you Tyler Bozak. "I want the Cup. So damn bad. That's why I came to St. Louis. There's your headline. Print it" Print it indeed.

Thank you Flyers for Schenn. You guys got a pretty good haul for him, but we are pretty happy how it worked out on our end.

Thank you Buffalo Sabres for O'Reilly. Also Berglund's agent for ****ing up.

Thank you Doug Armstrong for not giving up on this team when all of us were screaming at you to do so.

Thank you Tom Stillman for being the best owner this team has ever had. You did it Tom. You brought hte Cup to St. Louis. Thank you.

LET'S GO BLUES

This is the post. This is everything

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Thank you Eric Brewer. You endured some rough **** here, but without you, we don't get the 3rd rounder that becomes the goaltender that leads us to the promise land.

Thank you whoever was the ****ing scout that noticed that Colton Parayko was a giant who could skate like a madman in northern canada. How we got him in the 3rd is completely insane.

Thank you Buffalo Sabres for O'Reilly. Also Berglund's agent for ****ing up.

LET'S GO BLUES

A fantastic summary about just how many things must go right for a championship to take form. Whether one calls that luck or kismet often depends on which side of the championship game they are on :P but surely we see the wisdom in Jonathan E's insight: two or three little things make one big thing.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad