Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
To me it boils down to...

Marchand-Bergeron-X
Debrusk-Krejci-X
X-Coyle-Backes
Kuraly-Accairi-Wagner

Where do Pasta, Mojo and Heinen fit?
In the first round of the playoffs, Pasta on line one, Mojo on line two, and Heinen on line three. Depending on how those lines do, I could also see Pasta on line two and Mojo/Heinen on line 1 or 3.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
In the first round of the playoffs, Pasta on line one, Mojo on line two, and Heinen on line three. Depending on how those lines do, I could also see Pasta on line two and Mojo/Heinen on line 1 or 3.

Balanced lineup would be (every line except 4th has capable scorers)
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Pasta Krejci Mojo
Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik/Kuhlman
Wagner Kuraly Acciari/Backes/Nordstrom

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Miller

Top two line heavy
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Mojo
Heinen Coyle Cehlark/Kuhlman

Alternative D setup
Chara Carlo (shutdown mode)
Grz McAvoy
Krug Miller

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Balanced lineup would be (every line except 4th has capable scorers)
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Pasta Krejci Mojo
Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik/Kuhlman

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Miller

Top two line heavy
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Mojo
Heinen Coyle Cehlark/Kuhlman

Alternative D setup
Chara Carlo (shutdown mode)
Grz McAvoy
Krug Miller
I would agree, however I think I read somewhere on Twitter near the trade deadline, not sure if it was said by Cassidy or Sweeney, but I think what was said was that when Pastrnak returns, he will be playing back on the 1st line. I'm at work so I can't find the source, but I will try to find it later today.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I'd be curious to see....

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Mojo-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Backes
Kuraly-Accairi-Wagner

I'd be more curious to see that lineup with Wagner and Backes flipped.

I've said this before but Wagner has scored all his goals even strength and on the 4th line. He's top 5 on the team in even strength goals. Let him have a few games with Coyle. and a playmaker like Heinen on the other side. Move Backes down and alternate with Nordy.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'd be more curious to see that lineup with Wagner and Backes flipped.

I've said this before but Wagner has scored all his goals even strength and on the 4th line. He's top 5 on the team in even strength goals. Let him have a few games with Coyle. and a playmaker like Heinen on the other side. Move Backes down and alternate with Nordy.

I hear that, but I just don't want to touch that 4th line. They can throw that line out against #2 lines as a shutdown line and I really like it.

Reactions: Tbrady12

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would agree, however I think I read somewhere on Twitter near the trade deadline, not sure if it was said by Cassidy or Sweeney, but I think what was said was that when Pastrnak returns, he will be playing back on the 1st line. I'm at work so I can't find the source, but I will try to find it later today.

I think so

Team only switched Pasta and Heinen due to 5 vs 5 lack of scoring

but now with Debrusk heating up, Mojo... 2nd line is legit

I actually also like the thought of Cehlarik Coyle Heinen for a 3rd line

Reactions: Absurdity

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So with Noel playing tonight

we get the ....

Nordstrom Coyle Backes 3rd or 4th line again...

Coyle may also go on a "frederic" 8-9 game scoreless streak at this rate...

no limit on roster but only 4 callups allowed (non emergency) is such a bogus rule

Thats like saying you can drive that nice car...but already the low gas light is on....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So with Noel playing tonight

we get the ....

Nordstrom Coyle Backes 3rd or 4th line again...

Coyle may also go on a "frederic" 8-9 game scoreless streak at this rate...

no limit on roster but only 4 callups allowed (non emergency) is such a bogus rule

Thats like saying you can drive that nice car...but already the low gas light is on....

It's a 4th line. When 2/3 of a line consists of 4th line/13th forward type players, I don't see how it can be even called a "3rd line". Bruins continue to ice two 4th lines, despite having in-house talent to upgrade one of them. Sad.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
It's been quoted elsewhere. That may be the plan, but things can change.

Reactions: Absurdity

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

All the more reason to spread the love between the lines heading into the postseason.

The addition of Johansson and Coyle. And the re-emergence of JDB and Heinen allow for it. And if it doesn't work out- the OG first line can always be reunited.

Keep it rolling boys!

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
All the more reason to spread the love between the lines heading into the postseason.

The addition of Johansson and Coyle. And the re-emergence of JDB and Heinen allow for it. And if it doesn't work out- the OG first line can always be reunited.

Keep it rolling boys!
How about doing something crazy like putting Pasta on the third with Coyle and seeing what happens there.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
At this point I’m thinking about Pastrnak on the third line and not joking lol

I still think Cassidy will go with

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Johansson
Heinen-Coyle-Backes

Next year will be interesting though. I could see Studnicka and Pasta forming the next great line

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Mojo-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Backes
Kuraly-Accairi-Wagner

I for now would not play in Debrusk head. He is playing his best 200 foot game, and producing. Heinen on the first line is a 200 foot upgrade. Both Marchand and 88 can be turnover machine.... for me now and that can be changed if needed i would keep Heinen there.

Coyle has hands. 88 playing with him when he comes back could

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
It will be very very interesting to see what they'll do when pasta comes back. I dont know how you can take Heinen off that 1st line but on the other hand you cant put your best goal scorer on the 3rd line.
Debrusk has also turned it on so i dont see why yoou would break the 2nd line either.

Tough choices bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad