Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
You guys are over complicating this. When Pasta comes back he should go to the second line and bump Mojo down to the 3rd..

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Mojo-Coyle-Backes

4th line stays unchanged and you can use Nordstron and Cehlarik as depth...

That lineup should be able to hang with anyone in the playoffs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
You guys are over complicating this. When Pasta comes back he should go to the second line and bump Mojo down to the 3rd..

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Mojo-Coyle-Backes

That's certainly an option and maybe was the "backup plan" on deadline day, but I also know they have tried that second line several times this year and Cassidy couldn't get away from it fast enough. Maybe things will be different this time, with DeBrusk playing better and passing again. It's worth looking at, but I also think DeBrusk does more for that 3rd line than MoJo. Line 3 needs a shooter. The problem there is they don't like moving DeBrusk out of the top6.

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
Johansson-Krejci-Pasta
DeBrusk-Coyle-Backes
^That's the lineup I like most.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Johansson
Heinen-Coyle-Backes
^I think that's the lineup Sweeney/Cassidy like the most because I think it slots guys in spots where they see them talent-wise. i.e. "Pasta is a 1st liner. DeBrusk is a 2nd liner.. Etc."

Reactions: Silva

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That's certainly an option and maybe was the "backup plan" on deadline day, but I also know they have tried that second line several times this year and Cassidy couldn't get away from it fast enough....

The reason the second line didn't work was because we kept hoping DeBrusk could make the switch to RW in order to accommodate Cehlarik on the second line LW spot. That's not the case anymore. Jake's got his game back, and is playing the position he's most suited for.

I don't have an issue with Jake or Mojo flip flopping as LW on the 2nd or 3rd line. Your point is valid and either will work. We've got time to experiment there and figure it out in time for the playoffs. To me, that's the only question that needs to be answered.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
That's certainly an option and maybe was the "backup plan" on deadline day, but I also know they have tried that second line several times this year and Cassidy couldn't get away from it fast enough.
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak have played only 24:40 at 5v5 this season. The only game they've played more than 5 minutes together was the last one against the Avs. Heinen & Nordstrom have each spent more time there than DeBrusk. Pastrnak has some time next to Krejci this season, but mostly with Marchand at LW.

That being said I can see the benefit of moving either Johansson or DeBrusk down. With Coyle-Backes & Krejci-Johansson you have two centers for faceoffs.

Reactions: PlayMakers

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak have played only 24:40 at 5v5 this season. The only game they've played more than 5 minutes together was the last one against the Avs. Heinen & Nordstrom have each spent more time there than DeBrusk. Pastrnak has some time next to Krejci this season, but mostly with Marchand at LW.

That being said I can see the benefit of moving either Johansson or DeBrusk down. With Coyle-Backes & Krejci-Johansson you have two centers for faceoffs.
Can't see them breaking DeBrusk from DK, especially after his February surge. I think Marchand-Bergeron, DeBrusk-Krejci and x-Coyle-x are the only set things in the entire lineup.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson
Heinen - Coyle - Backes
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner
Nordstrom

Really liking Acciari's play of late and think Nordstrom is an ideal 13th forward for the playoffs. I think (hope) Backes will thrive playing with Heinen and Coyle. Looks to be developing a bit with Coyle and had some with Heinen last year. I thought Johansson has also looked good on the second line. He's shown he can play well with some of Washington's more creative players like Kuznetsov. I think that would make for four really solid lines, just gotta hope they can play up to playoff intensity and not get outmatched physically again.

Reactions: Silva

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I hope we can try these combos before playoffs roll around

leave Heinen/Bergeron/marchand {its good to get value out of Heinen}
try pastrnak/krejci/Johansson {controversial to move debrusk I know}
wagner/coyle/debrusk {I want a third line that can score and still bang}
backes/kuhlman/kuraly {good things happen when backes/kuraly playtogether in playoffs}
Nordstrom/accari are swiss army knifes that can sub if injuries hit

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With bad news regarding mojo

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Cehlarik
Nordstrom Coyle Backes (oh brother)
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Maybe a time to bring in Senyshen as 2nd line RW for a look.

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Senyshen
Cehlarik Coyle Backes
Nordstrom Acciari Wagner
Kuraly- concussion protocol

Reactions: FanSince72

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just rewatched the third

Lots of different combinations

Wholly cow Celly Krejci Coyle were globetrotting ... b4 Krejci drew the penalty

If Debrusk is out again the next game...try

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Celly Krejci Coyle
Wagner Acciari Kuraly
Kuhlman Nordstrom Backes

I actually wouldnt mind seeing what Marchand Bergeron Acciari could do also (Cassidy hunch worked). Acciari is amazing these days

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Just rewatched the third

Lots of different combinations

Wholly cow Celly Krejci Coyle were globetrotting ... b4 Krejci drew the penalty

If Debrusk is out again the next game...try

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Celly Krejci Coyle
Wagner Acciari Kuraly
Kuhlman Nordstrom Backes

I actually wouldnt mind seeing what Marchand Bergeron Acciari could do also (Cassidy hunch worked). Acciari is amazing these days

Coyle has to stay at 3rd line C. Kuhlman can go back to Krejci

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Coyle has to stay at 3rd line C. Kuhlman can go back to Krejci

Dont think its mandatory

You can tell Cassidy is concerned that lack the lack of point production is worrying him regarding Coyle

When Coyle has been on the PP or with Krejci... good players. Things have been happening (drawing penalties, on ice for goals)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Mojo-Coyle-Backes

I agree with all of this except backes. I’ll take cehlarik and probably nordstrom over backes.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
If they all come back healthy before the playoffs, I think I would try 3 scoring lines like this.

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson
Kuraly - Coyle - Pastrnak
Wagner - Acciari - Backes

Just imagine the damage Pasta can do when going against other team's 3rd D pair. Kuraly also steps up in the playoffs so he could potentially fit in on that line.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

backes/kuhlman/kuraly {good things happen when backes/kuraly playtogether in playoffs}
Cassidy will need to feel it right when Pastrnak comes back... need to be aware of chemistry and someone might be unhappy. I think he will probably go with 88 back on the first line, and Heinen on the third for that reason, easy and non controversial move. If he could sell in my pov Pastrnak and/or Debruusk to play on the third to manage depth scoring..... i will say wow, what a seller he is. Heinen on the first line brings is a good fit bf/ga ratio line.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Wagner from 13th forward to 3rd liner.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wagner from 13th forward to 3rd liner.

ideally if healthy you want him as your 13th forward... and I posted before we acquired his friend

now that he has some connections to coyle… try it out. things change. learn to be adaptable

but ideally yes... once we promote federic or Bjork to the pros then wagner moves to 13th

I hope I kept that simple enough for you

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
ideally if healthy you want him as your 13th forward... and I posted before we acquired his friend

now that he has some connections to coyle… try it out. things change. learn to be adaptable

but ideally yes... once we promote federic or Bjork to the pros then wagner moves to 13th

You can die on the hill of that garbage take that Wagner is a 13th forward. That's fine. No acting high and mighty on this one though. You were wrong. It's okay .

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
4th liners need to stay on the 4th line. No point in making a couple deadline trades to bring in depth and scoring if you are going to turn around and gimp the third line with a 4th liner. Been tried plenty this season and it hasn't worked. Once everyone is back that third line needs to have three, not two, top 9 talents on it.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

Ouuf.... Wagner as a 13 th player maybe.... but not this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad